Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I think Heyman is over rated in one sense. He's a brilliant talker, delivers the best promos, but people have to realise that the big stars under him e.g Lesnar/Punk have also elevated them selves because of who they are. Sort of like an amplifier, he'll make some good make look even better. But like when he was given to Cesaro, Ryback, Axel, it did them no good because they weren't the real deal.

Plus Lana won't ever have the same amplifying effect as Heyman will, I don't think anyone will.
    I agree to an extent, but Heyman has elevated himself while working with Lesnar imo. He's at a completely different level, and he arguably keeps Lesnar relevant with his promos and talking. That rap he did aimed at Cena last year was possibly his best ever delivery. Sublime.

Also, I think Heyman's legacy comes in part from his GM days. Not necessarily as a manager/amplifier. He took SmackDown from the B-show to the best wrestling show in the business, dwarfing Raw, for a period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    IIRC they fired him which began a huge swell of fan support for his return and then they slowly worked him in to an on-air angle which, rightly, Edge won. His high point, for Matt, then he went through that phase of Youtube videos in his bathroom to TNA to who knows what now.
    Yeah, HHH wanted Edge fired as well but he was amidst a push.

After their feud, Matt asked to be moved to Smackdown so he didn't have to be around Lita/Edge.

Lita retired in part due to this angle as well. Fans still shouted 'you screwed matt' even when she was not in the ring, just in the streets or when she was walking her dog.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    WWE's Raw teasers for tonight:

-Can Seth Rollins survive without help from The Authority?
    -Who will leave RAW with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship belt?
    -How will John Cena respond to Kevin Owens‘ most recent scathing, personal attack made on last week’s WWE Smackdown?
    -What’s going on with Lana and Dolph Ziggler?
    -On Smackdown, Paige promised that she would begin to change the WWE Divas division, claiming Divas Champion Nikki and her sister Brie Bella were holding everyone back. How will Paige’s “change” effect RAW? Could it come in the form of another major NXT debut?
    -Kane is now a member of this year’s Money in the Bank ladder match; how will the other Superstars in the match deal with this 7-foot threat?

ReputationRep:
    Oh cr*p finlays son is in Japanese wrestling

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  28.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    - Bang Lita
    - No strings
    - Piss off Matt Hardy
    - Go from tag teaming midcarder to Hall of Famer multi-world champ in one move

Good business and life decision.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Great promo to kick off RAW from Owens/Cena. Really sparked life into the show, because I'm sick of seeing the Authority start things off.

Rollins looks set to retain clean this weekend, but I'm sensing a Reigns heel turn and then an Ambrose/Reigns feud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Not in terms of character, but in terms of presence. She could elevate whoever she works with if Creative give her two more years as a heel. She's got the talk, the promo skills and the look.

Becoming a face is obviously massively tempting for Creative, given the fact she's American and could become a behind-the-screen presence, but she'd make an absolutely awesome GM if they ever went back to having that role.
    She can talk, has the look, has promo skills, but are any of these even close to those what Heyman has right now?
    The GM role is bound to return soon, it'll disband sooner or later just like it did a decade ago. I agree Lana would make a good fit

Great promo to kick off RAW from Owens/Cena. Really sparked life into the show, because I'm sick of seeing the Authority start things off.

Rollins looks set to retain clean this weekend, but I'm sensing a Reigns heel turn and then an Ambrose/Reigns feud.
    Yeah, I think although Ambrose isn't the official champion, him holding the title for these few weeks has done nothing but elevate him into the main card anyway. I didn't think he'd be suited for the title picture, but so far I haven't been disappointed. Definitely more fresh then seeing Orton go for it every year.

Also predictions for MITB?

Barrett defeats truth
    Cena retains, wins via DQ?
    Reigns wins MITB, if not then Ziggler
    Seth wins via authority interference
    New day win
    Ryback wins
    Nikki wins

Quite a boring PPV honestly. I always wish Summerslam would come faster, but by the time it's here the summer is nearly over
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    When brocks return to raw comes ill have finished school so will be watching live
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Yeah, I think although Ambrose isn't the official champion, him holding the title for these few weeks has done nothing but elevate him into the main card anyway. I didn't think he'd be suited for the title picture, but so far I haven't been disappointed. Definitely more fresh then seeing Orton go for it every year.
    I think that Ambrose is set for a feud with Reigns, which will keep both of them preoccupied once Lesnar returns. I can see Reigns winning the briefcase and then costing Ambrose a defeat later on in the night.

ReputationRep:
    I really like Jamie Noble for some reason.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    MITB predictions:

- King Barrett def. R-Truth
    - Ryback def. The Big Show to retain the Intercontinental Championship
    - Nikki Bella def. Paige to retain the Divas Championship
    - The New Day def. The Prime Time Players to retain the WWE Tag-Team Championships
    - Kevin Owens def. John Cena
    - Roman Reigns def. Neville, Sheamus, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Kane and Dolph Ziggler for the Money in the Bank briefcase in a ladder match
    - Seth Rollins def. Dean Ambrose in a ladder match to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

I can see Reigns interfering costing Ambrose the win, and I expect Nikki to win and then Charlotte to debut on RAW next week to set up a programme between the pair.

ReputationRep:
    Read this idea somewhere else, what do you think?

“Imagine, Dean Ambrose picks up the win at MITB, Seth starts beating on Dean, Roman comes down and helps Ambrose then Brock’s music hits and comes down to beat on Seth. Roman and Dean start attacking Brock, they then pick him up and triple powerbomb him on a ladder and the 3 fists hover over his chest with the return of The Shield“

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)

“Imagine, Dean Ambrose picks up the win at MITB, Seth starts beating on Dean, Roman comes down and helps Ambrose then Brock’s music hits and comes down to beat on Seth. Roman and Dean start attacking Brock, they then pick him up and triple powerbomb him on a ladder and the 3 fists hover over his chest with the return of The Shield“
    Worst. Idea. Ever.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Dreadful idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)

So Seth beats on his mate, Roman beats on his mate, Brock comes out even though his enemy Seth's getting his butt kicked, then the guy who just won a title shot turns on Brock who isn't the champion to side with the guy who is and who's been aiming to take the title from already.

No nothing wrong with that.

ReputationRep:
    Was watching Wwe list where they talked about Lana controlled Rusev and decided who he 'crushed' and when he stopped.

Does anyone remember when that stopped happening and Lana stopped controlling him? Was it explained at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Really want a Fight Owens Fight t-shirt. One of the best I've seen in years from the WWE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Worst. Idea. Ever.
    Ffs why are you pretending to 've kenan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Ffs why are you pretending to 've kenan
    've

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Worst. Idea. Ever.
    Dreadful idea.
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    So Seth beats on his mate, Roman beats on his mate, Brock comes out even though his enemy Seth's getting his butt kicked, then the guy who just won a title shot turns on Brock who isn't the champion to side with the guy who is and who's been aiming to take the title from already.

No nothing wrong with that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.