Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I went to Cex today and finally found Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (my first wwe game), bought it and went home and waited for ages to play it.

Inserted disc and it freezes at the "Now loading part" Didn't even make it to the main menu.

Can't find words for how f*cking depressed I am right now. (combined with a few other things that have hapened today)

ReputationRep:
    It's a sad day when a second hand game from nearly a decade ago can ruin your day. My heart goes out to you my friend.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Fun fact, in the previous season of Tough Enough, the first one to get eliminated was the only one who in the end made it to WWE and still currently in the WWE (as a Diva under ring name Cameron, used to be in the funkadactyls.)
    Last series of Tough Enough was poor in terms of longevity. I think this one will be the same for a variety of reasons. They need more indie wrestlers on it, rather than complete novices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael3C)
    It's a sad day when a second hand game from nearly a decade ago can ruin your day. My heart goes out to you my friend.
    Hey man, I really loved this game. Was my first wwe game.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think that Cena needs to put Kevin Owens over once more? I think Kevin Owens could be the next Punk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Ian-Hardy)
    What's your opinion on Bray Wyatt vs Roman Reigns?
    Hopefully, Bray wins. I mean WWE keeps forcing Roman Reigns down our throats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tofaeal)
    Hopefully, Bray wins. I mean WWE keeps forcing Roman Reigns down our throats.
    Because he's the most marketable and deserves to be the face of the WWE. Bray Wyatt or Kevin Owens do not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Because he's the most marketable and deserves to be the face of the WWE. Bray Wyatt or Kevin Owens do not.
    Most marketable? That's why his he gets booed out of arenas and whenever he picks a mic people have already changed the channel. Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Neville, Seth Rollins, heck even Titus O'Neil are more marketable than Roman Reigns. Reigns can't even walk down his entrance thing without at least someone sticking their finger up at him..

Also, in terms of merchandise, Fight Owen Fight t-shirts and Dolph Ziggler show off t-shirts sell much quicker than any of the Roman Reigns merch(masks/vests etc)

ReputationRep:
    Most marketable? That's why his he gets booed out of arenas and whenever he picks a mic people have already changed the channel. Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Neville, Seth Rollins, heck even Titus O'Neil are more marketable than Roman Reigns. Reigns can't even walk down his entrance thing without at least someone sticking their finger up at him..

Also, in terms of merchandise, Fight Owen Fight t-shirts and Dolph Ziggler show off t-shirts sell much quicker than any of the Roman Reigns merch(masks/vests etc)
    He's not got booed out of Arena's since the Rumble pal, don't know where you've been. Guy appeals to kids and women in the same way Cena did and he'll stay ahead of them, he has the aura of a superhero. Kevin Owens has a BF% of over 20 most likely, diet not even once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    He's not got booed out of Arena's since the Rumble pal, don't know where you've been. Guy appeals to kids and women in the same way Cena did and he'll stay ahead of them, he has the aura of a superhero. Kevin Owens has a BF% of over 20 most likely, diet not even once.
    Umm, he's been recently booed out of a house show so where have you been mate?

Okay, so it is quite clear you oppose Kevin Owens but you ignored all the other marketable superstars that are more marketable than Reigns - is this because you cannot justify Reigns as being more marketable?

Cena actually was a fan favourite but Reigns never was. Cena can also talk on the mic and put on good matches whereas Reigns can't even cut a promo.

Aura of a super hero? What? Oooh he has a move called the superman punch. Neville has a better superhero aura.

And what has BF% and marketability have any link? Owens has displayed two awesome matches in comparison to Reigns who cannot even wrestle with his 3-4 moves of doom. This 20% BF guy can also speak better on the mic than your steroid infused samoan who is only being pushed because of the Rock. Seth and Ambrose carried Reigns in the shield and you know it.

ReputationRep:

Okay, so it is quite clear you oppose Kevin Owens but you ignored all the other marketable superstars that are more marketable than Reigns - is this because you cannot justify Reigns as being more marketable?

Cena actually was a fan favourite but Reigns never was. Cena can also talk on the mic and put on good matches whereas Reigns can't even cut a promo.

Aura of a super hero? What? Oooh he has a move called the superman punch. Neville has a better superhero aura.

And what has BF% and marketability have any link? Owens has displayed two awesome matches in comparison to Reigns who cannot even wrestle with his 3-4 moves of doom. This 20% BF guy can also speak better on the mic than your steroid infused samoan who is only being pushed because of the Rock. Seth and Ambrose carried Reigns in the shield and you know it.
    Reigns has had some great matches recently vs Bryan, lesnar and even big show. Reigns isn't that bad on the mic, more that the stuff vince wrote for him didn't help his cause. There's quite a few wrestlers who use 3-4 moves so you can't criticise him for that. Also Reigns has always been a fan favourite, apart from when he won the rumble up until mania. Seems like you're just bandwagoning on the reigns hate train from the rumble.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Reigns has had some great matches recently vs Bryan, lesnar and even big show. Reigns isn't that bad on the mic, more that the stuff vince wrote for him didn't help his cause. There's quite a few wrestlers who use 3-4 moves so you can't criticise him for that. Also Reigns has always been a fan favourite, apart from when he won the rumble up until mania. Seems like you're just bandwagoning on the reigns hate train from the rumble.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Once you again you cannot justify Reigns over other marketable superstars so I guess you lose this part of your argument.

Moving on. 1 or 2 matches does not make Reigns good or justify why he should be the face. Superstars like Bryan, Punk and Kevin Owens are consistent (Go and watch Owen's on NXT/ROH you are obviously not a wrestling fan but just a WWE fan.)

He's been a fan favourite? That's why there was a huge pop when Seth Rollin's music hit when he cashed in so that Roman would not win. I think you've been watching too much Smackdown where they edit crowd pops.

FYI, I was happy that Reigns won the rumble and not Batista/Big Show so don't try to assume. The final 4 was horrible anyways and Reigns was the least sucky wrestler out of them.

ReputationRep:
    Once you again you cannot justify Reigns over other marketable superstars so I guess you lose this part of your argument.

Moving on. 1 or 2 matches does not make Reigns good or justify why he should be the face. Superstars like Bryan, Punk and Kevin Owens are consistent (Go and watch Owen's on NXT/ROH you are obviously not a wrestling fan but just a WWE fan.)

He's been a fan favourite? That's why there was a huge pop when Seth Rollin's music hit when he cashed in so that Roman would not win. I think you've been watching too much Smackdown where they edit crowd pops.

FYI, I was happy that Reigns won the rumble and not Batista/Big Show so don't try to assume. The final 4 was horrible anyways and Reigns was the least sucky wrestler out of them.
    Reigns has the look so is more marketable in that sense , you can't have a guy like Owens be the face. I clearly said that the fans turned on him from the rumble til mania. And no I don't have time to watch other wrestling promotions, Owens has looked awesome so far though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Reigns has the look so is more marketable in that sense , you can't have a guy like Owens be the face. I clearly said that the fans turned on him from the rumble til mania. And no I don't have time to watch other wrestling promotions, Owens has looked awesome so far though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree he has the "look" but is that enough? That is the question. I mean let's look at Cena. He has the look, he has the charisma, mic skills, characteristics(charitable and in general a company guy.)

I also agree that Owens cannot be the face but he can be the number 1 best heel that WWE has got to offer. But the way that guy critiscised his physique to judge his character was not right.

Also, what do you think of the match up between Reigns and Bray?

ReputationRep:

WWE is a business. Reigns is the best looking guy on the show with the best physique, it's natural he's gonna be at the forefront of the company. There isn't anybody more marketable than him in the roster other than Cena. Reigns has grown huge popularity in recent months, he's cheered every show, his promos are decent and his matches have been very good (vs Show, Lesnar and MITB). I do agree Reigns has shown limited move-sets at times but he's always improving that, and the moves he does use are amazing (strength he generates to pick them up from a pin and powerbomb is unbelievable). Yes he has an aura of a superhero, as I said he's good looking, big and strong. Nobody wants to see someone like Kevin Owens at the forefront, he's fat and ugly (no matter how good he actually is). It's just become cool to hate Reigns now, he's not being given a huge push at the moment anyways.

ReputationRep:
    I agree he has the "look" but is that enough? That is the question. I mean let's look at Cena. He has the look, he has the charisma, mic skills, characteristics(charitable and in general a company guy.)

I also agree that Owens cannot be the face but he can be the number 1 best heel that WWE has got to offer. But the way that guy critiscised his physique to judge his character was not right.

Also, what do you think of the match up between Reigns and Bray?
    The feud is a way to keep reigns relevant but not have him in the title picture, I like how wyatt is bringing reigns family into the feud. Problem I have with wyatt is how repetitive his promos become, it's like Heyman said; just cos u can cut a good promo doesn't mean u should cut one every week. In his feuds he basically comes out every week saying the same things really. Reigns is surely going over but I thought that at money in bank.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think that Cena needs to put Kevin Owens over once more? I think Kevin Owens could be the next Punk
    What about him being the first Kevin Owens?

ReputationRep:
    I think we can watch tough enough live from the WWE youtube channel.

Went to London Wrestlecon yesterday and saw Jim Ross one man show and Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart Q and A.

Really enjoyed it, some great stories. Shawn was a little more reserved (it was cool to see him in person though) but Bret was very funny.

Bretts favourite match of Shawns was his recent Undertaker one.
    Shawns favourite match of Bretts is the British Bulldog wembley one.

They said that Undertakers just as normal as the rest of them and they think he won't do anything after the Steve Austin podcast apart from possibly a DVD. Vince is also pretty normal too but Brett had a funny story about a time when Vince was drunk,

Most interesting was there discussion on Wrestlemania at Wembley in the UK. JR said whilst he sees it unlikely still there is more chance now because of the network. He said that WWE want to maximise revenue and so it would have to finish at 7 east coast time so if they had it over here it would still start at 12 and finish at 4.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Anybody seen the Brad Maddox/CM Punk rumour? Google it. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Chris Benoit is being talked about on Wrestletalk TV on challenge. 8 years since it happened

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.