Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Your next TNA world champion brother.

ReputationRep:

Bonus racism:

Vince should've been fired long ago. I hate how wrestling is inbetween real celebrity and obscurity, so when they're racist on TV or abuse the human rights of their employees, no politician, judge or lawyer gives a crap.

When I read Hogan's book, it's funny now that there was bit on Booker T, because he was accused of holding him down.

What's funnier is how he claimed everything was his idea or his doing. And now he's been fired, he's even claiming "No, I quit on Thursday randomly, brother". Even when he gets sacked it was him sacking himself.

(Original post by Excuse Me!)
    Your next TNA world champion brother.
    Given TNA's record, they're going bring him back with open arms and have him as a face, and his first promo would be him not apologising for being a racist.

ReputationRep:
    Well we know Vince ain't Homophobic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Bonus racism:

Vince should've been fired long ago. I hate how wrestling is inbetween real celebrity and obscurity, so when they're racist on TV or abuse the human rights of their employees, no politician, judge or lawyer gives a crap.

When I read Hogan's book, it's funny now that there was bit on Booker T, because he was accused of holding him down.

What's funnier is how he claimed everything was his idea or his doing. And now he's been fired, he's even claiming "No, I quit on Thursday randomly, brother". Even when he gets sacked it was him sacking himself.

Given TNA's record, they're going bring him back with open arms and have him as a face, and his first promo would be him not apologising for being a racist
    Surprisingly, TNA have removed HH from their website too. Personally I don't think HH is a racist although he definitely said something racist. If what he said makes him a racist then there are a ton of racists at my college.

Don't understand Vince being brought into everything. His character is a pompous ignorant rich guy. The character tried to sound cool without realising he was being offensive. It was humour which is completely different to what HH did.

It's like people look for things to be offended by nowadays. Is south park now racist too?

ReputationRep:
    WWE fire Hulk Hogan for racist comments he made like 8 years ago, but Donald Trump is an honourary member of the WWE hall of fame. Makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Don't understand Vince being brought into everything. His character is a pompous ignorant rich guy. The character tried to sound cool without realising he was being offensive. It was humour which is completely different to what HH did.

It's like people look for things to be offended by nowadays. Is south park now racist too?
    So if Heidenreich said he's going to rape the pre-pubescent children of the guy he's feuding with, or Shane-O Mac says he's going to sodomise Big Show for not doing his job, that'd be ok because they're just playing characters who would say that?

The n-word is an offensive word. Calling someone a terrorist because of their culture is the same. Not on at all.

ReputationRep:
    So if Heidenreich said he's going to rape the pre-pubescent children of the guy he's feuding with, or Shane-O Mac says he's going to sodomise Big Show for not doing his job, that'd be ok because they're just playing characters who would say that?

The n-word is an offensive word. Calling someone a terrorist because of their culture is the same. Not on at all.
    Unless those things have happened then those are a different situation.

The n-word is offensive when used to be offensive. Countless rap songs feature the n-word and nobody cares. I've seen lots of TV shows use the n-word too.

It's all about context and in the character of Vince's head he assumed every rapper used the n-word to greet each other so he used it in a humorous way trying to fit in.

Booker T was in the segment and obviously approved it. Nobody cared about that segment before the HH incident so I don't see how it's suddenly important now.

ReputationRep:
    Unless those things have happened then those are a different situation.

The n-word is offensive when used to be offensive. Countless rap songs feature the n-word and nobody cares. I've seen lots of TV shows use the n-word too.

It's all about context and in the character of Vince's head he assumed every rapper used the n-word to greet each other so he used it in a humorous way trying to fit in.

Booker T was in the segment and obviously approved it. Nobody cared about that segment before the HH incident so I don't see how it's suddenly important now.
    "Unless those things have happened then those are a different situation" is very convenient.

The n-word IS offensive. Hell, you just called it the n-word, so you know really that it's offensive.

Vince does not need a midcarder's approval on what he can or can't say or do on his own TV show, and anyone who thinks otherwise can have some good luck on future endeavours if they dare disagree.

ReputationRep:
    Man, I love blasting Kane's theme song out (the 30 minute version) on my Tv when neighbours are playing loud annoying music.

ReputationRep:
    New Jack has been making fun of Hulk Hogan with pictures of him and Brooke saying "I'm that *****", this is not good

Hopefully he didn't stab her in the head with knifes and forks afterwards like he did to others.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of Hogan, his Twitter feed is worth a check (and if you fancy bragging about getting a RT from the Hulkster! - it's easy to get one today it seems)

ReputationRep:
    "Unless those things have happened then those are a different situation" is very convenient.

The n-word IS offensive. Hell, you just called it the n-word, so you know really that it's offensive.

Vince does not need a midcarder's approval on what he can or can't say or do on his own TV show, and anyone who thinks otherwise can have some good luck on future endeavours if they dare disagree.
    I would say its more convenient to make up examples that haven't happened.

Yes, the n-word can be offensive but what makes it offensive is all context. Rap songs, tv shows etc - the n-word has appeared in both of these yet no one was offended because of the context.

Regardless of whether Vince needs approval from others, he's not an idiot. WWE is a public company and he wouldn't do anything to damage the reputation.

I don't see how you can make such a fuss over a short one minute backstage humorous skit that nobody complained about at the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would say its more convenient to make up examples that haven't happened.

Yes, the n-word can be offensive but what makes it offensive is all context. Rap songs, tv shows etc - the n-word has appeared in both of these yet no one was offended because of the context.

Regardless of whether Vince needs approval from others, he's not an idiot. WWE is a public company and he wouldn't do anything to damage the reputation.

I don't see how you can make such a fuss over a short one minute backstage humorous skit that nobody complained about at the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're hypothetical examples to give you a better idea of what happens if the same logic is applied elsewhere. PEOPLE DO THIS.

Yet you're still calling it the n-word. Your own racist argument fails because you can't bring yourself to say it, because you know it's offensive. Are you even black?

Vince said it around the time he went completely off the rails, mad with power, and possibly going senile. He did not give one **** about anyone else. He OWNED the entire industry and was as rich as he wanted to be. He wasn't looking for ratings or money like he is now. So he hired people just so he could fire them, he brought back brands so he could 'prove' the brand was always inferior, he was obsessed with killing himself off so he could come back like Jesus as a storyline, Katie Vick, he turned his wrestling show into a game show while the fans chanted 'we want wrestling', he wanted to do an incest angle with his daughter, then he wanted to do it with two others when she said no. And add on the two racism examples from earlier.

He didn't do things because he thought it was acceptable and people would like it, he did it because he knew it was unacceptable. He wanted to see what he could do now he was invincible, he was feeding his ego. This is Vince we're talking about.

You keep acting like racism isn't 'such a fuss' and that's utterly disgusting, and people DID complain about it. They were obviously shocked.

But hey if you're only racist for a minute, it doesn't count!

Hold on, I'm going to go shoot someone. It's ok because rappers talk about shooting, and other people do it, so no one will get offended.

ReputationRep:
    They're hypothetical examples to give you a better idea of what happens if the same logic is applied elsewhere. PEOPLE DO THIS.

Yet you're still calling it the n-word. Your own racist argument fails because you can't bring yourself to say it, because you know it's offensive. Are you even black?

Vince said it around the time he went completely off the rails, mad with power, and possibly going senile. He did not give one **** about anyone else. He OWNED the entire industry and was as rich as he wanted to be. He wasn't looking for ratings or money like he is now. So he hired people just so he could fire them, he brought back brands so he could 'prove' the brand was always inferior, he was obsessed with killing himself off so he could come back like Jesus as a storyline, Katie Vick, he turned his wrestling show into a game show while the fans chanted 'we want wrestling', he wanted to do an incest angle with his daughter, then he wanted to do it with two others when she said no. And add on the two racism examples from earlier.

He didn't do things because he thought it was acceptable and people would like it, he did it because he knew it was unacceptable. He wanted to see what he could do now he was invincible, he was feeding his ego. This is Vince we're talking about.

You keep acting like racism isn't 'such a fuss' and that's utterly disgusting, and people DID complain about it. They were obviously shocked.

But hey if you're only racist for a minute, it doesn't count!

Hold on, I'm going to go shoot someone. It's ok because rappers talk about shooting, and other people do it, so no one will get offended.
    But your hypothetical examples bare no relevance to what we're talking about. They're irrelevant.

You can't just assume I wrote the 'n-word' because I know its offensive. Perhaps, its because writing ***** will censor the word?

Do you have any dependable sources you can back up the bolded paragraph because rumours are just that.

Vince may have the final decision but he is advised by A LOT of people. Also, this was before WWE had a PG rating. Back then there were all kinds off outrageous and offensive skits. Now it is completely PG. There's definitely a difference in a past scripted skit were the N word is used jokingly, to a private recording of Hogan actually using the word in a derogatory way and admitting 'I am kind of racist'.

I haven't at all acted like racism isn't 'a fuss'. You can't determine that from a couple comments online. No I'm not black, and no I've never witnessed racism myself. I've said that the n-word CAN be offensive with context. I've also said that what HH was racist.

All I've said is that the Vince/Cena/Booker segment was not racist.

You keep ignoring the context of the situation and go on a tangent on things not related to this short one minute skit on an entertainment programme featuring fictional characters. They're actors.

Vince is the out of touch old man who thinks this is how 'the kids these' days talk. Cena is the rapper whose language is often offensive. Booker is there to hear the n-word and say his catchphrase 'tell me he did not just say that'.

It's humour. It was meant to be funny the same way your last couple paragraphs were supposed to be.

ReputationRep:
    But your hypothetical examples bare no relevance to what we're talking about. They're irrelevant.

You can't just assume I wrote the 'n-word' because I know its offensive. Perhaps, its because writing ***** will censor the word?

Do you have any dependable sources you can back up the bolded paragraph because rumours are just that.

Vince may have the final decision but he is advised by A LOT of people. Also, this was before WWE had a PG rating. Back then there were all kinds off outrageous and offensive skits. Now it is completely PG. There's definitely a difference in a past scripted skit were the N word is used jokingly, to a private recording of Hogan actually using the word in a derogatory way and admitting 'I am kind of racist'.

I haven't at all acted like racism isn't 'a fuss'. You can't determine that from a couple comments online. No I'm not black, and no I've never witnessed racism myself. I've said that the n-word CAN be offensive with context. I've also said that what HH was racist.

All I've said is that the Vince/Cena/Booker segment was not racist.

You keep ignoring the context of the situation and go on a tangent on things not related to this short one minute skit on an entertainment programme featuring fictional characters. They're actors.

Vince is the out of touch old man who thinks this is how 'the kids these' days talk. Cena is the rapper whose language is often offensive. Booker is there to hear the n-word and say his catchphrase 'tell me he did not just say that'.

It's humour. It was meant to be funny the same way your last couple paragraphs were supposed to be.
    They're hypothetical examples to give you a better idea of what happens if the same logic is applied elsewhere. Have you never interacted with other people until now, or just annoyed that it shows what you've said is wrong but don't want to accept it?

I can assume with good reason.

Google it yourself, I'm not your slave. If you didn't even know about anything in that paragraph then inform yourself.

WWE has always been PG because Smackdown has always been PG, it didn't stop Vince saying he wanted Taker's wife gangraped on it. Do you have any knowledge of what we're discussing? Because you seem completely out of the loop. Perhaps you should be accepting rather than confrontational when someone introduces you to new info...

The n-word is offensive period. You admit you've never even encountered racism! And you're certainly not black. You have zero ground to stand on to say it's not racist 'in the right context', unless that ground is a makeshift hill of dead black ****ing slaves.

Everything I've said is related. If you misunderstand it, which seems VERY likely from what you've said, that's your problem and you should resolve that problem by listening/reading to what I'm telling you, not be a keyboard warrior who can never be wrong or mistaken.

There is NOTHING funny about my last two sentences. Do you understand anything that's going on at all?

ReputationRep:
    They're hypothetical examples to give you a better idea of what happens if the same logic is applied elsewhere. Have you never interacted with other people until now, or just annoyed that it shows what you've said is wrong but don't want to accept it?

I can assume with good reason.

Google it yourself, I'm not your slave. If you didn't even know about anything in that paragraph then inform yourself.

WWE has always been PG because Smackdown has always been PG, it didn't stop Vince saying he wanted Taker's wife gangraped on it. Do you have any knowledge of what we're discussing? Because you seem completely out of the loop. Perhaps you should be accepting rather than confrontational when someone introduces you to new info...

The n-word is offensive period. You admit you've never even encountered racism! And you're certainly not black. You have zero ground to stand on to say it's not racist 'in the right context', unless that ground is a makeshift hill of dead black ****ing slaves.

Everything I've said is related. If you misunderstand it, which seems VERY likely from what you've said, that's your problem and you should resolve that problem by listening/reading to what I'm telling you, not be a keyboard warrior who can never be wrong or mistaken.

There is NOTHING funny about my last two sentences. Do you understand anything that's going on at all?
    You have no basis to make assumptions.

The sources aren't that reliable so why should I believe everything you said?

Ever seen Leonardo Dicaprio in Django Unchained? Is he racist too just cause he says the n-word?

I don't need a history lesson. I know racism when I see it and know its wrong.

The last two paragraphs was you trying to be funny. To make a joke to undermine my argument. Again, you interpret things to favour you.

That Vince saying the n-word is being racist is the only thing I'm arguing.

Its fictional. Stop ignoring the whole point of this discussion. They're acting, the character is ignorant. It's HUMOUR for crying out loud.

ReputationRep:
    Total over reaction bordering on ridiculous.
    Far worse things he could have said or done.

ReputationRep:
    Woah Excuse Me! just turned mega heel and ozzyoscy turned face. Craziest double turn since Austin/Angle after WWF beat Alliance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neverdie)
    Woah Excuse Me! just turned mega heel and ozzyoscy turned face. Craziest double turn since Austin/Angle after WWF beat Alliance.
    I swear that douchebag can turn even John Cena and Daniel Bryan heel.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2017
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.