Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I've heard that the person in this article (http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6174...ystery-partner) will be the partner, due to an image put on WWE.com by accident.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GetOverHere)
    Actually, I've heard that the person in this article (http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6174...ystery-partner) will be the partner, due to an image put on WWE.com by accident.
    **** that. He's not good enough for the main roster. Nowhere near.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Needs to bulk up a bit

ReputationRep:
    Man my phone bills high again so I won't be able to watch Raw tonight since tv's/ internet been cut. If Kane returns tonight I'll be pissed.

ReputationRep:
    Caught up with with NXT and really like the team of Jason Jordan & Chad Gable. Really fun to watch in the ring and have a great possible the best tag team finisher right now. I'm ready, willing and gable to watch them progress to Takeover.

Lucha Dragons vs Fin Balor / Samoa Joe next week should be really good. Lucha Dragons will win hopefully as they're actually a team but that didn't seem to matter with The Ascension this week.

Also, really like the team of Blake & Murphy w/ Bliss. Was trying to do some revision when their theme song came on (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY4puQdko6I). Proved to be too distracting.

Anyone else listen to any theme songs at the gym or studying etc?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Lana out of action for four months with a wrist injury, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Lana out of action for four months with a wrist injury, apparently.
    Giggity.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Poor RAW last night.

What's the point in having Sting look goofy and Cena-like in promos? He should be mysterious, even Undertaker-like. It makes no sense to have him engaging in the types of things that Ambrose, Ziggler et al do.

Anyway, I'm loving the New Day's importance. They are so good - and it has been great to see them close out RAW. I'm really not invested in this Ziggler and Rusev feud, and I don't want to see a match at Night of Champions.

Cesaro being knocked out by Big Show? Why?

Great to see Ryback pinning Rollins, but it undermines his credibility as champion and he has taken SO many losses now. Ryback needs a feud with Owens, it was great to see them interact backstage.

ReputationRep:
    Raw and Smackdown have recorded the lowest ratings ever. The only time WWE was successful was in the Ruthless/Attitude era- bring that back now!

AXE smackdown and bring back WCW as a brand - encourage competition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly_Monkey)
    Raw and Smackdown have recorded the lowest ratings ever. The only time WWE was successful was in the Ruthless/Attitude era- bring that back now!

As much as we all loved the attitude era, it's not coming back buddy. This PG crap is what we're stuck with. I never used to miss an episode during the attitude era, but now I don't watch it as its ****. I just stick to watching YouTube clips of the old days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    "Bring back WCW"... lol. Good one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly_Monkey)
    Can't wait to see 50 year old Buff Bagwell vs even older Carl Oullet. RATINGS!

Vince has been loving the lack of competition, so he can push who he wants and how without punishment. Until, after a decade, the fans started speaking up (or being completely silent) at PPVs and post-WM Raw anyway. Now he has to pander to the Attitude Era smarks who fill the stadium every WrestleMania and post Raw, which is no small accomplishment.

Of course he can give these fans small victories which he can take back and push his guys again if he's smart about it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Who caught the Stone Cold interview with Edge and Christian on the Network after RAW ended on Monday night?

It was good, but not one of his best. The five-second pose at the end was a highlight, as was the duo chatting about their battles with the Hardy Boyz and how they were close to welling up when the Dudleys returned recently.

I couldn't help but feel the interview would have been better with the pair separated, though. I wanted to hear about Edge and Matt Hardy's controversy, and Christian's thoughts on whether he'd ever get into the Hall of Fame.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This week's SmackDown results, guys!

Spoiler:
    Show

- The Wyatt Family opened SmackDown with a promo about Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and their attack on Randy Orton during RAW.
    - Cesaro def. The Miz.
    - Renee Young interviewed Jimmy Uso, Reigns and Ambrose backstage about the 6-Man Tag Team match.
    - Paige vs. Sasha Banks ended in a no-contest.
    - Byron Saxton interviewed Seth Rollins backstage but was interrupted by Sheamus.
    - Ambrose, Reigns and Uso def. The New Day by disqualification when The Wyatt Family interfered. They left Uso lying at the top of the stage, then disappeared before either Ambrose or Reigns can get to them.
    - The Ascension def. Lucha Dragons. After the match, The Cosmic Wasteland beat down Sin Cara and Kalisto until Neville made the save.
    - Charlotte interrupted a promo between Nikki Bella and Renee Young.
    - Seth Rollins def. Ryback in a Lumberjack match.

ReputationRep:
    Who caught the Stone Cold interview with Edge and Christian on the Network after RAW ended on Monday night?

It was good, but not one of his best. The five-second pose at the end was a highlight, as was the duo chatting about their battles with the Hardy Boyz and how they were close to welling up when the Dudleys returned recently.

I couldn't help but feel the interview would have been better with the pair separated, though. I wanted to hear about Edge and Matt Hardy's controversy, and Christian's thoughts on whether he'd ever get into the Hall of Fame.
    Has Christian retired, officially? Not heard anything from or about him, in ages. I'd say he's done well, financially, to retire now if they've got nothing for him.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Has Christian retired, officially? Not heard anything from or about him, in ages. I'd say he's done well, financially, to retire now if they've got nothing for him.
    Christian and Edge were the guest hosts for a December episode of RAW and King referred to him as retired.

WWE list him as a retired in-ring performer on the website, and PWInsider reckons that it's because of the concussions and other injuries he had during his career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I wish Austin had asked that directly but from what Austin did ask Christian in the interview it seemed as though he'd retired.

ReputationRep:

The Edge DVD does a good job of the Edge/ Matt controversy. As does the WWE Rivalries episode and the dvd: Ultimate Insiders: Hardy Boys: Behind The Enigma gives the most detail I've found albeit only from Matts perspective if you want to know more on it.

Hopefully they'll have individual podcasts on the normal show at some point as I'd like to hear more from them as well.

I thought they covered Christian and the hall of fame pretty well.

Loved the rib they got Austin with.

But I do agree that it would be interesting to hear their thoughts on individual feuads like with Edge vs Undertaker, Hardy, Cena and with Christian vs Orton.

The Matt Hardy / Edge 05 Cage match is my favourite match of all time.

ReputationRep:
    Loved the podcast, cos Austin knows them well it flowed nicely unlike the paige one which seemed awkward at times imo. Bet Vince was fuming when they mentioned hogan haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Agree, all he's wrestled are squash matches and a few proper matches, that's it. However, Strowman bypassed NXT so we can't assume that all new main roster superstars will come via NXT.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.