Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Think they should have let Shaemus cash in. Let Shaemus have his mini title run up until the royal rumble where he drops. Meanwhile Rollins can be busy with Kane and (HHH?) up until the Rumble, where he wins and reclaims the title at WM32.

Got a good feeling that Rollins will be face the upcoming few months
    I actually thought last night was a pretty good chance to crown Rollins as a top babyface. Have him slug it out with Sting, but have Kane enter under the Authority's guidance. After his interference, Rollins could go after Kane, beat him next month, and then set up a programme with Triple H.

Meanwhile, Sheamus gets the strap and feuds with somebody like Reigns, until Lesnar's donw with Taker and ready to become Champion again.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Last night seemed to hint at a heel turn for Jericho, but that'll be held off for at least a few weeks based on WWE's Live from Madison Square Garden card. They have him facing Owens.

That takes place on October 3, and the matches are:

Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show
    John Cena (c) vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE United States Championship
    Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev
    Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental Championship
    Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

ReputationRep:
    Was ok ppv but gutted for Queen Nikki She pretty much dominated that match.

Wished that sting won but if rollins was going to win, wish he won against cena and guns for the intercontinental title and his ego then. Hahaha. He would have all three belts

ReputationRep:
    Yawn event. The Brock Podcast and HIAC match announcements were the only thing that made me happy.

Oh I tell a lie. Bray and co won. Fantastic.

Charlotte is a strange, gangly looking woman with 0 feminism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Yawn event. The Brock Podcast and HIAC match announcements were the only thing that made me happy.

Oh I tell a lie. Bray and co won. Fantastic.

Gangly? wtf is gangly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    Gangly? wtf is gangly?
    I knew as I typed it there would be confusion. I'm not sure if it's a Yorkshire word or whether it's just slang. Gangly. Like, lanky I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I knew as I typed it there would be confusion. I'm not sure if it's a Yorkshire word or whether it's just slang. Gangly. Like, lanky I guess.
    Oh, ok. Well she wrestles good, isn't that the only thing that matters. Don't understand why the main wrestler/ diva has to be super attractive. If people want smoking hot bodies, go see bodybuilding or fitness competitions.

If Wayne Rooney was the face of football why should someone hot have to be the face of other sports.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, ok. Well she wrestles good, isn't that the only thing that matters. Don't understand why the main wrestler/ diva has to be super attractive. If people want smoking hot bodies, go see bodybuilding or fitness competitions.

If Wayne Rooney was the face of football why should someone hot have to be the face of other sports.
    It was just an observation. Was just saying she's a strange looking woman. Loads of people call Rooney ugly to be fair.

I'll retract my comment if it's too hurtful!

ReputationRep:
    It was just an observation. Was just saying she's a strange looking woman. Loads of people call Rooney ugly to be fair.

I'll retract my comment if it's too hurtful!
    Ok dude, don't patronize. That's what I'm saying Rooney isn't the sexiest mofo on earth so why should it be for other sports.

ReputationRep:
    Ok dude, don't patronize. That's what I'm saying Rooney isn't the sexiest mofo on earth so why should it be for other sports.
    'Pro' wrestling isn't a sport, it's a serial drama. I would say an athletic one, but you don't even need to be fit or agile to be an actor on the show.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Still a very special moment for her.

ReputationRep:
    Man, this is getting better.

Kane's going after the Title I think.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Weird episode of RAW really.

It made no sense for Owens to carry on interfering with Ryback's matches. The latter was booked really strongly, and he ran over Dallas with ease. But, surely Owens should look to move on to new challengers and things? Fair enough, their work isn't done together and I'm glad we're getting an extended programme because the pair of them are so good in terms of chemistry.

Neville and the Lucha Dragons are such a fun team, and that six-man tag team match was a rare case of WWE getting it bang on the money with multiman matches. That doesn't happen very often.

It was good to see Orton back, too, and that opening brawl was such a refreshing change from seeing the normal and mundane Authority openings with Rollins bragging and Triple H and Stephanie discussing things we've heard dozens of times before.

The highlight, of course, was Paige finally erupting. What a promo. It was basically her own version of the pipe-bomb, and she absolutely nailed it with those harsh and cutting words to Charlotte, the Bellas, Natalya, Lana and Summer Rae.

Sheamus and Mark Henry was an ugly match, with the botched brogue kick leading to a second. That said, having Sheamus so prominent on TV is a good thing considering he's holding the briefcase but he should be doing more than beating glorified jobbers like Henry etc.

The New Day was fantastic, as per usual, and Woods is easily the breakout star of the year in the entire company. Pitting them alongside Rusev was clever, too, because it added a new dimension to the really tired and boring Ziggler/Rusev programme. The sooner that ends, the better. Ziggler plays a tremendous babyface during a match, despite over-selling, but I think he has a future as a heel if he aligns with Summer and allows Rusev to have a face run with Lana. That would be a real curveball but one which could massively pay off.

Big Show beating Cesaro? Farcical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Weird episode of RAW really.

It made no sense for Owens to carry on interfering with Ryback's matches. The latter was booked really strongly, and he ran over Dallas with ease. But, surely Owens should look to move on to new challengers and things? Fair enough, their work isn't done together and I'm glad we're getting an extended programme because the pair of them are so good in terms of chemistry.

Ryback has a rematch clause so it makes a bit more sense.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I was questioning the need for Owens to interfere and attack Ryback, really. I'm fine with the feud continuing, but he won the title at Night of Champions, so he's already got what he wants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I was questioning the need for Owens to interfere and attack Ryback, really. I'm fine with the feud continuing, but he won the title at Night of Champions, so he's already got what he wants.
    Would make sense if he's trying to injure Ryback. He's scared of the rematch since he cheated to win so is trying to injure Ryback so the rematch can never take place.

I agree how they did it was silly.

Could easily of had Ryback cut a one minute promo after the match calling Kevin out on his cheating and saying when he's gonna use his rematch clause only for Kevin to run in, hit Ryback with the belt back of the head then pop up powerbomb. Segment ends with Owens trashtalking walking up the ramp.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    Would make sense if he's trying to injure Ryback. He's scared of the rematch since he cheated to win so is trying to injure Ryback so the rematch can never take place.

I agree how they did it was silly.

Could easily of had Ryback cut a one minute promo after the match calling Kevin out on his cheating and saying when he's gonna use his rematch clause only for Kevin to run in, hit Ryback with the belt back of the head then pop up powerbomb. Segment ends with Owens trashtalking walking up the ramp.
    That would have been much better.

Elsewhere, the caricature booking of Kane and cartoonish gimmicks are too heavily relied upon really. This schizophrenic/split personality is worth exploring, though.

ReputationRep:
    The return of Kane has led to the lowest Raw working day rating in nearly two decades. Good job, Kane.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    SmackDown spoilers this week:

Spoiler:
    Show

- Kane kicked off the night's show. He announced several of the night's matches but was interrupted by Seth Rollins, who was far from happy with what went down Monday night on Raw. Kane teased a turn to his darker side but ultimately composed himself. He announced Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose in a non-title main event.
    - Roman Reigns def. Luke Harper in a match where The Wyatt Family and Dean Ambrose were banned from ringside, per Kane's orders.
    - The New Day def. Neville and the Lucha Dragons.
    - Bo Dallas cut a promo on Cesaro, trying to inspire him before Cesaro def. Bo Dallas.
    - Charlotte and Becky Lynch thanked fans for their support. Paige interrupted and took credit for the entire Divas Revolution. Natalya cut her off and suggested that Paige should be happy with the progress the Divas have made. The Brit told her that the Revolution passed her by and slapped her before walking off.
    - Dolph Ziggler and Ryback def. Kevin Owens and Rusev. Owens walked out on his partner, leaving him to fend for himself.
    - Dean Ambrose def. Seth Rollins when Kane's pyro provided a distraction. Rollins vowed to make Kane's life miserable if he kept it up. The flames erupted, and Rollins ran to end the show.

ReputationRep:
    The WWE Network retconning begins.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.