The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

I also loved the main event. I would still like a better reason for the feud other than 'he beat me' - is Bray Wyatt really that petty?

Wyatts crazy. There doesn't need to be much of a reason, even Wyatt jut trying to convert Reigns into the family would be enough, slowly making the rivalry more personal to make Reigns lose his mind into falling for the cult.

I'm enjoying the slow burn angles though. Both Wyatt/Reigns and Kane/Rollins have 3/4 months build up at this point.

The New Day and The Dudleys as well as Owens and Ryback look like they'll be 3 month long feuds as well.

Any predictions for Cenas next US title feud?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3561
This week's SmackDown results, guys:

Spoiler

Reply 3562
Original post by Excuse Me!

Any predictions for Cenas next US title feud?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Samoa Joe.
Reply 3563
Interestingly, it's usually around this time we get a hint of who WWE will be releasing. Here's a few stars who have been off TV for a while:

Adam Rose - date of last RAW match was June 22, and SmackDown on July 21
Curtis Axel - date of last RAW match was May 11, and SmackDown on May 19
Damien Sandow - date of last RAW match was May 11, and SmackDown on April 28
Fandango - date of last RAW match was July 21, and SmackDown on July 7
Heath Slater - date of last RAW match was November 2014, and SmackDown on May 19
Jack Swagger -date of last RAW match was June 29, and SmackDown on July 28
Original post by Mackay
Interestingly, it's usually around this time we get a hint of who WWE will be releasing. Here's a few stars who have been off TV for a while:

Adam Rose - date of last RAW match was June 22, and SmackDown on July 21
Curtis Axel - date of last RAW match was May 11, and SmackDown on May 19
Damien Sandow - date of last RAW match was May 11, and SmackDown on April 28
Fandango - date of last RAW match was July 21, and SmackDown on July 7
Heath Slater - date of last RAW match was November 2014, and SmackDown on May 19
Jack Swagger-date of last RAW match was June 29, and SmackDown on July 28

Adam Rose just got new gimmick plus there'd be so much backlash after that e60 special.

Sandow just got new gimmick (although I could see him asking for his release).

Others could go though I like Fandango and Swagger was on TV Sept 18.

I could also see Hornswoggle, Brad Maddox (although I like him), Zack Ryder, Rosa going as well.

That said they haven't done releases for a while

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those with the network - Unfiltered with Kevin Owens, Legends with JBL (Bischoff), and Table for 3 with Ryback, Ziggler and Bryan are all fantastic watches.

Anyone else watched them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3566
Adam Rose just got new gimmick plus there'd be so much backlash after that e60 special.

Sandow just got new gimmick (although I could see him asking for his release).

I could also see Hornswoggle, Brad Maddox (although I like him), Zack Ryder, Rosa going as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sandow is back with his Intellectual Saviour of the Masses gimmick, which I am so pleased about.
Now that WWE are plaguing us with Susan G Komen this month I will stop my thoughts about buying the network this year, I wont watch any Raw in full, and will only watch HIAC once links are posted the day after.

Because when Im not happy with a product, these are the things that will make it better (just a shame most in the situation im in still tune in every week - mainly americans)

I havent been that interested lately as things are boring atm in my opinion, besides the split Kane persona, I like that
Reply 3568
For those with the network - Unfiltered with Kevin Owens, Legends with JBL (Bischoff), and Table for 3 with Ryback, Ziggler and Bryan are all fantastic watches.

Anyone else watched them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saw the Table for 3 with the New Day, and their chemistry/friendship is brilliant. It shows how great they've been since last year, really. They were in the wilderness, but by committing to a gimmick and seizing the initiative, they've thrived.
Cena will no longer be on the European tour.

Kinda annoyed cause it would be cool to be present for Cenas pop and he does put on good matches.
Reply 3570
Cena will no longer be on the European tour.

Kinda annoyed cause it would be cool to be present for Cenas pop and he does put on good matches.

'Personal reasons', apparently.

Sounds ominous.
Original post by Mackay
'Personal reasons', apparently.

Sounds ominous.

Probably just time off. Hopefully nothing serious, don't think it is otherwise he'd probably be off with immediate effect anyway, considering he's in no feud atm so could've skipped HIAC.
Reply 3572
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
Probably just time off. Hopefully nothing serious, don't think it is otherwise he'd probably be off with immediate effect anyway, considering he's in no feud atm so could've skipped HIAC.

Guy hasn't had a legitimate break since 2008.
Maybe he's taking time to film a movie that everyone wants to see, like, The Marine 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man, not Rosa, not a fan but I heard she's never won a match apart from one where she was in a team of 5. I'd hate to be her if she got released and never won a match.
What time does the special start tonight?
Original post by merlinthecat123
What time does the special start tonight?

01:00 am

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Man, that main event on RAW last night was great. When all else fails, the company knows they can just get two over superstars in the ring who are good workhorses and get them to tear lumps out of each other.

Reigns and Wyatt put in stellar performances last night, and it was great to see Strowman and Harper look dominant forces against the Prime Time Players.

I'm undecided over Reigns. Sometimes, I want him to get a solo push and to main event. At other times, I want him and Ambrose to go after the tag team titles given the fact Creative so obviously doesn't want to push them toward the WWE World Heavyweight Championship picture currently.

The New Day were awesome, as usual. Xavier Woods' trombone playing is a thing of beauty, and I think Bo Dallas is way more entertaining than people give credit to him for. He's slowly gained weight, though. He looks more like Bray every week.

Speaking of weight, Owens has clearly lost a few pounds. His programme with Ryback is still really enjoyable, but the Ziggler/Rusev feud needs taking out to the car park and buried.

Kane's dual personality is entertaining but he shouldn't be main eventing. Big Show shouldn't be facing Lesnar, either. He isn't credible. Are we supposed to forget that the Beast battered him at the Royal Rumble last year? That really ruined Heyman's promo, because it wasn't believable and I struggled to buy-in.

Good to see King Barrett back, too, by the way.

Tbf, Lesnar used a heel tactic of assaulting the Big Show with a chair before the match even got started giving him an unfair advantage. It kind of showed that Lesnar was afraid of Big Show and so wanted to get the pre-emptive strike without being disqualified. Big Show did manage to get a KO punch in though (Lesnar didn't even go down being the beast that he is but he was still ****ed from it) but lost in the end.

EDIT: That being said, Brock just tossed Big Show around like a ragdoll despite taking three chokeslams xD
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3578
Disappointing MSG special, really.

The shoehorning of Orton and Sheamus into the Ziggler/Rusev feud to get two stellar names in the match and on the bill was a bit of a cop-out, really. Especially when Sheamus took the pin from the former to protect both of the men in question until Lana recovers.

Lesnar made short work of Big Show, which is for the best. The best bouts were Jericho and Owens who, despite never interacting with each other, had great chemistry. It was a shame to see Rollins vs. Cena for the billionth time, and the Kane interruption was exactly the same as we've seen on RAW and SmackDown for the past fortnight.

Ah well. I thought the New Day - once again - were marvellous. They are in danger of being too entertaining for heels, though.
Reply 3579
When all else fails, Vince McMahon gives us a RAW wedding!

This Rusev/Summer Rae angle is a joke. Thankfully, his assertion that he wants gold will hopefully mean a run with one of the midcard belts again because I really enjoyed his US Championship reign to be honest.

Anyway, the New Day are enough to make last night's show entertaining. It's great that WWE are going all in with them, and having Big E challenge Cena before they beat down the babyfaces was a great touch and something we haven't seen before. This week's antics were what we need to see from the trio, because they are treading the line between becoming too entertaining to be heels if I'm honest.

The Lesnar appearance was a dud, despite the crowd pop. These contractual obligatory appearances do nothing to enhance him or the product, and less is more when it comes to Lesnar. He should be used as a sprinkling of stardust and used sparingly. Likewise, the Kane/Rollins angle was a rehash of everything we've seen over the past month, Disappointing.

It makes no sense for Neville to be feuding with Barrett, either. We had that months ago and the feud was ended decisively. Let's look forward, WWE Creative, not back.

Quick Reply

Latest