The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Oh man, you forgot the Swanton Bomb from the other guy afterwards to top it all off.

This was the first time I've ever seen a tag team ladder match, only seen one clip before and it was Edge and Christian taking the belts.
Reply 3921
So, Reigns vs. Triple H at WM32 is a certainty. A clever way to end the match last night, and Reigns can definitely carry a main event match and angle now.

I thought most of the matches were pretty damn good. It wasn't a great PPV, by any stretch of the imagination, but it exceeded my expectations with ease.

The opening match of the night set the tone. What a match from all three tag teams. The New Day, the Lucha Dragons and the Usos all played their part, and there were some great spots. Kalisto performing that Solita del Sol on one of the Uso brothers onto the ladder, and all three had great chemistry and the mix of high-flying spots and electric energy was a great way to kick-off.

Sadly, the Ryback/Rusev and Ambrose/Owens match disappointed me. I'm glad Ambrose gets a run with the strap, but it's a shame to see Owens' reign ended so prematurely. At only nine minutes, it was the second shortest match of the night too. As for the former, it was exactly what you'd expect from two men who can't really gel.

Likewise, the Swagger and del Rio match seemed poor. That said, the US champion dealt with him emphatically so hopefully that's the end of that feud for the time being.

Poor booking and character development is hampering the Divas division. Is Charlotte a heel or a babyface? And what about Paige? Too ambiguous to enjoy it right now. The Wyatt Family going over was the correct decision - especially in such emphatic style - but I felt Bray Wyatt should have featured more.
I loved the ending to TLC last night. It was probably the only time I've properly marked out for Reigns on his own, and I'm really happy for him, considering the crowd were smark level 5000, and then cheering him when he did something awesome. This is the Reigns I like, the badass crazy Roman Reigns, this is what the fans want.
Reply 3923
I loved the Cena chants, despite his absence. I think WWE is really missing Cena and the stability he offers the card/roster right now. Sure, Lesnar/Rollins are big misses, but Cena is a mainstay and is so under-valued.
Original post by Longshot700
ok, whatever man.

I'm not starting an arguement about somebody's racial appearance.

Neither am I, I'm asking you about your info. If you're making it up then say so, but as a half-Middle Eastern I'm really curious.

What are these 'Syrian features' you think Zayn has? What region of Syria is known for its red hair?
Reply 3925
RAW tonight. The road to the Rumble begins...
Original post by Mackay
RAW tonight. The road to the Rumble begins...

Boring. Here's what happens:

- Some contrived tournament, race against the clock and/or over-the-top-rope battle royale system to decide who gets what number.

- In the final show, everyone brawls but, rather than hitting finishers, they throw each other over the top rope. Someone big and scary or an underdog hero stands tall at the end. He doesn't win at the PPV.

- The champion has a filler feud with someone that no one remembers or a continuation of a feud in a match no one remembers or asked for.

At the rumble:

- BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- This is awful
- Mike Chioda *clap clap clap clap* Mike Chioda *clap clap clap clap*
- Roddy Piper *clap clap clap clap*
- Kung Funaki *clap clap clap clap*
- OH MY, THIS IS A PARTISAN CROWD WE HAVE HERE! OH MYYYYY!
- I LOVE IT MICHAEL

EDIT: After seeing the result of raw, the PPV title match might still be filler, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's stripped of the title for assaulting the chairman blah blah.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3927
Wow. Reigns is WWE World Heavyweight Champion after beating Sheamus on RAW. My word. I didn't see that coming at the start of the night, but it made sense. They couldn't fire him given how hot he is right now, and after declaring he would be on ESPN tomorrow, it seemed obvious he would go over for the strap. That's the first face champion we have had in over a year. It feels good to see Reigns earn the strap and have a run with it, but we're obviously angling towards a Reigns vs. HHH match at WM32, and I doubt he'll be carrying the championship then.

Seeing Vince return was funny, but it was a shame to see R-Truth/Bo Dallas ridiculed by having their match cut short. Reigns' win last night just underlines how wrong they were to place the belt on Sheamus to begin with, in truth. It made no sense, and Reigns has worked hard in a year to leave the same arena he was booed out of at the Royal Rumble with the championship.

The Ambrose/Owens feud looks like it will run and run and run. And that can ONLY be a good thing. You saw how much losing the allure of the gold meant to the latter, who beat down Ziggler and Ambrose after their high octane opener.

Neville seemingly transferring either into a feud with the Miz, or his apprentice. Judging on the success of Mizdow, the latter may not be a big thing. It is refreshing to see Creative have something in the pipeline, and I loved that match-up between him and Breeze. They both have pedigree and history from NXT, of course, and it was a nice change from seeing Neville interested in Stardust, or Breeze face Ziggler.

Four competitors who are in no man's land appear to be Ryback, Rusev, Alberto del Rio, and Jack Swagger. That tag-team match of two feuds thrown together is something we've seen time and time again from WWE, which was disappointing on an otherwise great RAW.

Also, great to see the Wyatt Family get two clean wins in a row. Of course, they should be beating the Dudley Boyz, Rhyno and Tommy Dreamer cleanly, but we've seen before plenty of false dawns with the faction and Creative resort to 50/50 booking. It just becomes so hard to invest in them as characters if that's the case. How nice was it to see Rowan get the win, too? He lost momentum by being the only Wyatt Family member eliminated the night before.

I loved the New Day's promo, too. They seem to be garnering sympathetic support from the fans, with their slow transition to babyfaces. They thanked their opponents. I think that's really sensible from WWE. They are great as heels, but they are too popular now. This three-way feud - The New Day, The Lucha Dragons and The Usos - could be the staple of the tag division for years, if they play it sensibly. They could become the Dudleyz/Hardy Boyz/Edge and Christian of the reality era.
So pumped for reigns tbh. Great decision to make him champ

Posted from TSR Mobile
It makes sense as well. it keeps ratings up going into the new year and rumble. I had high hopes for Shaemus to be champ but I thought he'd be a monster heel, not an idiot.

You know how bad a champ is if you're losing the title on RAW

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3930
Original post by AR_95
So pumped for reigns tbh. Great decision to make him champ

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AR_95
It makes sense as well. it keeps ratings up going into the new year and rumble. I had high hopes for Shaemus to be champ but I thought he'd be a monster heel, not an idiot.

You know how bad a champ is if you're losing the title on RAW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, obvious ratings boost (hence the Vince appearance!) but makes total sense to go into the New Year with a babyface champion. We haven't had an out-and-out face as champ since John Cena some 18 months ago, which seems ludicrous. Sure, Brock did his part, but he wasn't anybody kids would adore because of his monster nature.

As for losing the strap on TV, you are absolutely on the money.

Since 2003, only three people - RVD, Randy Orton and CM Punk - have lost the main WWE Championship on RAW.
Can we talk about how good the extreme rules match was! Watching a load of old men beat up the Wyatts is probably my favourite thing ever! Contender for match of the year!
Let's have a poll on whether people think the Sheamus failed experiment was bad or actually quite good (presuming Roman isn't stripped of the title). The poll options are:

- It was a shameful thing

- He's good but was in over his head; he fought for air and struggled just to breathe

- It was quite good. These words are true, and I'll make you believe!

- He wore his colours well

- If Sheamus rode WWE any longer, he would've ridden it straight to hell

- The writing stunk, he should've stayed badass heel. But when Vince comes a-calling, you break your earthly ties

- I thought he would suck but he was good. All my beliefs broke and fell.

- I thought it was gonna be great, but one final day and I would've ended it all

- What?
Reply 3933
Original post by ozzyoscy

- He's good but was in over his head; he fought for air and struggled just to breathe

This, effectively. He's been good since his return, and is always a solid in-ring performer, but was dealt a ****ty hand by carrying the strap. Personally, I don't think he should've got the MITB briefcase to begin with.
Nope, Shaemus was the best decision to win the MITB they've just booked him horribly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3935
Original post by AR_95
Nope, Shaemus was the best decision to win the MITB they've just booked him horribly

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was Reigns or Sheamus, and they backed the wrong horse. Rollins was still fresh and un-injured at that point, too. He was feuding with Ambrose, so a three-way feud with Reigns incorporated was obviously the way to go.
Original post by JRees136
Can we talk about how good the extreme rules match was! Watching a load of old men beat up the Wyatts is probably my favourite thing ever! Contender for match of the year!

Wyatts beat them, I loved the match though.

I got so happy when Erick Rowan got the pin, big fan of him for some reason, he's normally the one who gets pinned or the first one to get thrown out.

I do not want The Wyatts to lose another feud.
Reigns wasn't half as over as he is now and was being boo'd by everyone, plus the triple threat route was predictable and boring.

Shaemus winning the case added a whole new dynamic to the title picture, they just booked it poorly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3938
Original post by AR_95
Reigns wasn't half as over as he is now and was being boo'd by everyone, plus the triple threat route was predictable and boring.

Shaemus winning the case added a whole new dynamic to the title picture, they just booked it poorly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He should have retained this weekend and last night if they wanted him to be a champion. The fans knew he was a makeshift interim title holder, so it was never going to be a success. Many thought Reigns was in line to become the champion after Rollins, so they should have pulled the trigger rather than tread water for a month.
Man, Roman got groped here.

[video]https://twitter.com/TheFansPodcast/status/676490767599276033[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest