Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neverdie)
    Apologies, but it all turned out good as a result of that.

and one more thing, what this paedophile thing you keep spreading about me?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Can confirm I don't feel bullied.

Anyway, back to wrestling, and Rollins is scheduled to appear tonight on RAW. Guessing that that's just for the Slammy's though?

ReputationRep:
    They just had to to have R Truth do the Miss Universe screw up scene.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Rollins is back! Was great to see him, and great to hear that pop. I can't wait until he returns to feud for the title. He's definitely going to be a babyface of epic proportions.

It was a weird RAW, but then again, the Slammys edition always is. I thought Santino Marella's return was wasted, and each award presentation lacked substance bar Kevin Owens calling Neville out for winning.

I thought the Neville/Miz storyline was really well told, and is developing organically without rush from the writers. That's smart. Likewise, the Owens/Ziggler/Ambrose feud will run and run and run. Those three could put on some classics before WrestleMania 32.

As for the cage match... meh. Why did Ambrose execute the Dirty Deeds on the chair, only to try and escape the cage rather than pin? It was farcical. The match was boring, and the League of Nations is an absolute dud. Why is Sheamus still so prominent? Why is del Rio still feuding with Swagger? That feud has come to a logical conclusion.

John Cena needs to return - and fast. He's such a solid presence on the roster. I know he'll return to face ADR for the US Championship, but he needs another feud than that. He should feud with Reigns, in truth. For the right to be called the best, or whatever. Keep them both as faces.

The New Day were great entertainment as ever, but it was a shame to see the Lucha Dragons not perform on a night where Kalisto won an award. The Usos victory over the champions was shoddy with that messy roll-up, too. I think the New Day are taking far too many non-title match losses, by the way. But oh well.

ReputationRep:
    BBC Radio Five Live just had an interview with Hogan, and in the intro mentioned how he had his contract terminated "by the governing body of wrestling, WWE".

Which is pretty depressing in its indication of WWE's monopoly on the industry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    BBC Radio Five Live just had an interview with Hogan, and in the intro mentioned how he had his contract terminated "by the governing body of wrestling, WWE".

Haha that's hilarious. What would Kurt Angle say?!

ReputationRep:

Music to Vince's ears I imagine at that title. Yeah, TNA Have disappeared off the radar and not heard much, or anything, of Jarrett's new promotion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    TNA will always be redundant. They have dropped the ball so many times.

ReputationRep:
    That awkward moment in WWE 2K16 where you spear Brock Lesnar as Kane through 4 Barricades, slam through an Announce table then it glitches during the 2nd Announce table chokeslam and Brock hits with you with an F5 and wins.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    SmackDown was on last night, and I've just watched it. Really good main event between Ambrose, Ziggler and Owens for the IC title. I can see those three feuding and putting on some classics before Lesnar returns and faces Owens, which is reportedly what the company want for WM32.

ReputationRep:

www.wwe.org
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    That SmackDown episode was its first on the USA Network, by the way, so no wonder they pulled out all the stops with a pulsating main event.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Review of the year time, folks.

Best feud: John Cena vs. Kevin Owens.
    Worst feud: Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev.
    Worst moment: Seth Rollins injury.
    Best moment: Seth Rollins cashes in at WM31.
    Best NXT match: Sasha Banks vs. Bayley in the Iron-Man match.
    Best NXT superstar? Finn Balor.
    Biggest Creative mistake? Giving Sheamus the belt.
    Best gimmick? The New Day.
    Most disappointing superstar? Damien Sandow.
    Superstar of the year? Seth Rollins.
    Match of the year: Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Review of the year time, folks.

Best feud: John Cena vs. Kevin Owens.
    Worst feud: Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev.
    Worst moment: Seth Rollins injury.
    Best moment: Seth Rollins cashes in at WM31.
    Best NXT match: Sasha Banks vs. Bayley in the Iron-Man match.
    Best NXT superstar? Finn Balor.
    Biggest Creative mistake? Giving Sheamus the belt.
    Best gimmick? The New Day.
    Most disappointing superstar? Damien Sandow.
    Superstar of the year? Seth Rollins.
    Match of the year: Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble.
    No Diva of the year?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    No Diva of the year?
    ****. Good spot. Mine would be Paige personally, though Charlotte has had a wonderful calendar year.

I think Bayley is set for huge things next year, mind.

ReputationRep:
    ****. Good spot. Mine would be Paige personally, though Charlotte has had a wonderful calendar year.

I think Bayley is set for huge things next year, mind.
    Thought you hated Paige.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thought you hated Paige.
    Those words have never - and never will - leave my mouth. I love the girl.

ReputationRep:
    Those words have never - and never will - leave my mouth. I love the girl.
    Nah, I remember. "I just don't like Paige, I'm tired of her I'm so different gimmick." not arguing, you said this.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I remember. "I just don't like Paige, I'm tired of her I'm so different gimmick." not arguing, you said this.
    Find it and quote me, then.

ReputationRep:
    Find it and quote me, then.
    I guess i have nothing better to do, hang on.

Edit: Nah, screw it, this was months ago, like 5 or something. It'll be like trying to find a needle in a haystack and my I just got WWE Network and watching takeover london which I missed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.