Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Right.
    Ok, you're right, I searched your profile with the keyword "Paige" and didn't find the the phrase I remembered, must've been someone else who said it.

You weren't lying about loving Paige, I just read through 13 Paiges (see what i did there? no, ok.) of your love comments for Paige, you love her more than I love Kane.

Anyway, on topic, My Diva of the year is Kane.

ReputationRep:
    Roman's got skills..

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Roman's got skills..

Quality gif.

ReputationRep:
    Review of the year time, folks.

Best feud: John Cena vs. Kevin Owens.
    Worst feud: Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev.
    Worst moment: Seth Rollins injury.
    Best moment: Seth Rollins cashes in at WM31.
    Best NXT match: Sasha Banks vs. Bayley in the Iron-Man match.
    Best NXT superstar? Finn Balor.
    Biggest Creative mistake? Giving Sheamus the belt.
    Best gimmick? The New Day.
    Most disappointing superstar? Damien Sandow.
    Superstar of the year? Seth Rollins.
    Match of the year: Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble.
    Good list. I'll give it a go...

Best feud: Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn
    Worst feud: The mess that was Team BAD vs Team PCB vs Team Bella
    Worst moment: Tyson Kidds injury
    Best moment: Kevin Owens Debut / Undertaker vs Lesnar brawl on raw
    Best NXT match: Sasha Banks vs Bailey 1
    Best NXT superstar? Kevin Owens
    Biggest Creative mistake? How they booked the Rusev / Lana stuff
    Best gimmick? New Day
    Most disappointing superstar? Dolph Ziggler
    Match of the year: Really hard one but off top of my head Kevin Owens vs John Cena 1

plus...

Diva of the year: Sasha Banks
    Most improved: Dana Brooke

Prediction for 2016's major player: Rusev and/or Brayy Wyatt and/or Kevin Owens
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    Worst feud: The mess that was Team BAD vs Team PCB vs Team Bella
    Worst moment: Tyson Kidds injury
    Brilliant suggestions.

Wyatt is my pick for 2016's major player, but we shall see. I can only see either he, Lesnar or Cena winning the Rumble currently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)

Best moment: Kevin Owens Debut / Undertaker vs Lesnar brawl on raw
    This happened on my birthday.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Tribute to the Troops is the one show of the year where Swagger gets a clean win. A really fun show, in fairness, but that 16-man tag-team match was just carnage.

ReputationRep:
    Rest in peace, Vince McMahon. You were a good boss.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    ^Good troll.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Review of the year time, folks.

Best feud: John Cena vs. Kevin Owens.
    Worst feud: Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev.
    Worst moment: Seth Rollins injury.
    Best moment: Seth Rollins cashes in at WM31.
    Best NXT match: Sasha Banks vs. Bayley in the Iron-Man match.
    Best NXT superstar? Finn Balor.
    Biggest Creative mistake? Giving Sheamus the belt.
    Best gimmick? The New Day.
    Most disappointing superstar? Damien Sandow.
    Match of the year: Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble.
    Best feud: Lesnar V Undertaker.Worst feud: Rollins V KaneWorst moment: Sufferin Succotash, tater tots, start of Divas revolution (I havent found 1 match I want to see or enjoyed)Best moment: Sing returns on Raw, Dudleys return, Kalisto at TLC, Randy reversing a kerb stomp into the best RKO.Best NXT match: Sasha Banks vs. Bayley in Brooklyn Best NXT superstar? Finn BalorBiggest Creative mistake? Too many to think of. Making Rollins look weak? Best gimmick? The New Day/Kevin Owens (Brash, cheating, hated Heel)Most disappointing superstar? Tyler breeze. Forgot he even debuted.Superstar of the year? UndertakerMatch of the year: Undertaker V Brock Lesnar at Hell In A Cell.Sorry for not being very active here! Some of these really had to get me thinking. A lot happens in a year.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    Best feud: Lesnar V Undertaker.Worst feud: Rollins V KaneWorst moment: Sufferin Succotash, tater tots, start of Divas revolution (I havent found 1 match I want to see or enjoyed)Best moment: Sing returns on Raw, Dudleys return, Kalisto at TLC, Randy reversing a kerb stomp into the best RKO.Best NXT match: Sasha Banks vs. Bayley in Brooklyn Best NXT superstar? Finn BalorBiggest Creative mistake? Too many to think of. Making Rollins look weak? Best gimmick? The New Day/Kevin Owens (Brash, cheating, hated Heel)Most disappointing superstar? Tyler breeze. Forgot he even debuted.Superstar of the year? UndertakerMatch of the year: Undertaker V Brock Lesnar at Hell In A Cell.Sorry for not being very active here! Some of these really had to get me thinking. A lot happens in a year.
    Good to see you back. Great shout with the 'suffering succotash'. That period of Reigns was so questionable from Creative.

I'm glad they (seem to) have learned from their mistakes and are now allowing him to breathe naturally, getting over with the crowd organically by just embracing his inner persona.

He needs to be a badass who does as little talking as possible, and rampages every now and again, spearing everybody in sight.

Basically, he needs to be Goldberg. He's started to become that, and the crowd are responding duly.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Good to see you back. Great shout with the 'suffering succotash'. That period of Reigns was so questionable from Creative.

I'm glad they (seem to) have learned from their mistakes and are now allowing him to breathe naturally, getting over with the crowd organically by just embracing his inner persona.

He needs to be a badass who does as little talking as possible, and rampages every now and again, spearing everybody in sight.

Basically, he needs to be Goldberg. He's started to become that, and the crowd are responding duly.
    Thanks mate.

Yes speaking of recent RR reactions, that is what brought me here.

Just wanted to say how good it is to see RR so over finally and not getting booed. Ive never really liked him but lately Ive enjoyed watching him and seeing the crowd react so well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Realistically, it's got to be a returning Cena or Lesnar winning the Rumble, hasn't it? They may give it Wyatt, but it won't be anybody other than those aforementioned three. I expect Lesnar to be preoccupied with Owens come WM32, so maybe Cena will return to win it for a record third time and set up a meet with Reigns. You could keep them both as faces, given Cena's polarising nature, and have it as a match all about respect and a passing of the torch.

ReputationRep:
    Realistically, it's got to be a returning Cena or Lesnar winning the Rumble, hasn't it? They may give it Wyatt, but it won't be anybody other than those aforementioned three. I expect Lesnar to be preoccupied with Owens come WM32, so maybe Cena will return to win it for a record third time and set up a meet with Reigns. You could keep them both as faces, given Cena's polarising nature, and have it as a match all about respect and a passing of the torch.
    People like this option for the royal rumble.

TLDR: Before Royal Rumble, Undertaker says he will face the one he's never faced to be his last match at Wrestlemania and says he'll tell people who it is later. During the Rumble match, Cena is in the ring, the lights go off, Titantron turns on and says in a dark Undertaker like font, "You". Cena feels threatened and it starts a whole feud that'll end at wrestlemania.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    TLDR: Before Royal Rumble, Undertaker says he will face the one he's never faced to be his last match at Wrestlemania and says he'll tell people who it is later. During the Rumble match, Cena is in the ring, the lights go off, Titantron turns on and says in a dark Undertaker like font, "You". Cena feels threatened and it starts a whole feud that'll end at wrestlemania.
    I can certainly see Cena facing Undertaker at WM32, and if that is to happen, it's likely that it'll start at the Rumble.

If the company is intent on Owens facing Lesnar, it would probably leave Reigns in a programme with Triple H. With Rollins injured, who is going to be carrying/challenging for the title? Surely not Reigns putting it on the line against Triple H? It's more likely that there'll be a swerve at Elimination Chamber, with somebody winning the title from Reigns after Triple H screws him.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Suggestions on what to watch on the Network anyone?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Suggestions on what to watch on the Network anyone?
    You exhausted the old PPVs? I've watched every PPV from 2000 to 2004 a dozen times, I reckon.

If you've seen the Table for Three and Breaking Ground episodes, try one of the 'Beyond the Ring' specials. Some good documentaries in there.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    You exhausted the old PPVs? I've watched every PPV from 2000 to 2004 a dozen times, I reckon.

If you've seen the Table for Three and Breaking Ground episodes, try one of the 'Beyond the Ring' specials. Some good documentaries in there.
    Funnily enough i just finished RR 2000. Onto No Way Out 2002 as i had it on VHS. Ill just jump to whatever i feel like after that one. Will be any PPV from 1999-2003.

Great minds think alike.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough i just finished RR 2000. Onto No Way Out 2002 as i had it on VHS. Ill just jump to whatever i feel like after that one. Will be any PPV from 1999-2003.

Great minds think alike.
    With the Rumble coming up, I'd go for 2001.

It will be a long time before one lives up to the 2001 edition of the Rumble imo.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.