Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Bullet Club are NXT/WWE-bound. Hope they debut at the next Takeover special, or dirtsheets will piss all over their debut if its taped, just like for James Storm

I should unlike a few pages but I cant help it :'(

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see Bray Wyatt (c) vs Brock Lesnar main event Wrestlemania.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    AJ Styles is a great addition to the company.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    BAH GAWD ITS HAPPENING http://www.wwe.com/inside/are-aj-sty...9?sf18250899=1
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Styles undoubtedly has a ceiling higher than NXT within the company. Hope he and Samoa Joe get to prove it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Styles undoubtedly has a ceiling higher than NXT within the company. Hope he and Samoa Joe get to prove it.
    IMO either he goes to NXT (big fish small pond) and is dealt with correctly or he will go to main roster (big fish in an ocean) and not get dealt with very well (considering hes a TNA/Indy guy its likely.

Im marking out but at the same time i can see things going very badly

ReputationRep:
    As someone who only started watching WWE after WM31, can someone talk me through the Lesnar Cena feud? The storyline, backdrop etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    IMO either he goes to NXT (big fish small pond) and is dealt with correctly or he will go to main roster (big fish in an ocean) and not get dealt with very well (considering hes a TNA/Indy guy its likely.

Im marking out but at the same time i can see things going very badly
    He'll go to NXT for sure. They'll treat him the same as Joe (hopefully) meaning he should be main eventing Takeovers some point this year.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    SmackDown results for this week:

Spoiler:
    Show

- John Cena kicked off the show, reiterating his desire for a US match against Alberto del Rio. The current titleholder refused Cena's challenge, instead kicking off the night in non-title action.
    - Kalisto def. Alberto del Rio in a non-title match.
    - The Miz introduced Miz TV but was interrupted by The New Day. Dolph Ziggler, Goldust, R-Truth and Neville interrupted and an 8-Man Tag Team match was set in motion.
    - Ziggler, Goldust, Truth and Neville def. The New Day and The Miz.
    - Divas champion Charlotte def. Becky Lynch to retain the Divas Championship after Ric Flair's interference.
    - Intercontinental champion Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens fought to a double count-out as they brawled around the ringside area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFTypoCorrector)
    As someone who only started watching WWE after WM31, can someone talk me through the Lesnar Cena feud? The storyline, backdrop etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have the WWE network?

If not start with this http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqj...012_shortfilms

Then watch this:
    http://watchwrestling.to/video/watch...cena-vs-lesnar

Then finally this:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x355p2t
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    New announcer Mauro Ranallo debuts on SmackDown this week, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    What is special about AJ styles? I keep hearing him everywhere.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Best heel since Punk:

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Cant wait for this next week. Just booked my tickets! Taking my girlfriend with me hopefully I can get her into wrestling.

Name:  newcastle-event.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  112.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    The winner of the Rumble wins the title?

So insurmountable odds again the champion in a title match that almost guarantees his loss to any number of opponents? Champ retains...

(Original post by FFTypoCorrector)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Back in ye olde days of good Smackdown, 3 Minute Warning and HLA, Cena dissed Lesnar and got destroyed in a nothing match. But this was more than a month ago so no one is allowed to remember this.

More recently, Lesnar returned to WWE after making UFC look like a piece of cake, Cena no-selled his surprise. Cena beat Lesnar of course.

Lesnar input the Konami Code and got invincibility and destroyed everyone else. (Put it another way: Vince wants to give the image that UFC fighters would destroy his fake WWE actors if they joined.)

Cena won the title at some point, started his normal dire reign of mediocrity, then Lesnar appeared and BROCK SMASH. Lesnar squashed Cena for 16 minutes, which gave many WWE fans a heart attack. It was like watching an annoying inoffensive cheesy kids' movie, where suddenly the hero loses to the bad guy (played by Samuel L Jackson), then systematically rapes and tortures him, before killing all his family, then rides a wave of fire into the sky to the sound of God Gave Rock And Roll To You by Kiss.

Cena was all 'I will overcome the odds' and, get this, NEVER OVERCAME THE ODDS. He did even get an ending, he just faded away out of the feud and got usurped by the crap one from The Shield no one cared about (not Michael Chiklis).

THE END
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    The winner of the Rumble wins the title?

So insurmountable odds again the champion in a title match that almost guarantees his loss to any number of opponents? Champ retains...
    Reigns won't retain. I'm absolutely certain of it. If he does, that's incredibly foolish of Creative. They have booked him so strongly recently, and he seems to be shining in his promo/mic work. The last thing we need is for him to revert to being a Cena-lite, or SuperReigns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    Cant wait for this next week. Just booked my tickets! Taking my girlfriend with me hopefully I can get her into wrestling.

Name:  newcastle-event.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  112.5 KB
    Mysterio? Fam, give me the other ticket instead.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Oh ****.

Cena will undergo shoulder surgery to repair an undisclosed injury and is likely to miss WM32.

That's huge for the state of the roster. Just look at the injuries: Cena, Bryan, Orton, Rollins, Cesaro, Kidd etc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    May wanna change the poster for the Rumble, lads:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Oh ****.

Cena will undergo shoulder surgery to repair an undisclosed injury and is likely to miss WM32.

That's huge for the state of the roster. Just look at the injuries: Cena, Bryan, Orton, Rollins, Cesaro, Kidd etc.
    Oh man, a lot of fans are gonna be let down.

This is probably how I'm gonna feel If I go to raw in London in May but Kane isn't there. (being serious)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.