Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Interesting read of the ex-footballer turned WWE wrestler here of Hugo Knox.

Not a clue what he's like in NXT or what the general mood around him is like but he fits Vince's bill of big guys I guess.

They could book him as a pompous footballer (soccer player) with lots of money, jumping on the stereotypes of footballers over in the UK but then again, more likely he'll be a pirate like Paul Burchill was back in the day when there was room for a British wrestler to be treated a tad more authentically.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Interesting read of the ex-footballer turned WWE wrestler here of Hugo Knox.

Not a clue what he's like in NXT or what the general mood around him is like but he fits Vince's bill of big guys I guess.

They could book him as a pompous footballer (soccer player) with lots of money, jumping on the stereotypes of footballers over in the UK but then again, more likely he'll be a pirate like Paul Burchill was back in the day when there was room for a British wrestler to be treated a tad more authentically.
    I've said it before: there needs to be a British heel stable. Paige leads it, with Barrett, Sheamus and maybe this guy as back-ups.

Neville could feud with them as a face.

ReputationRep:
    Glad I didn't waste my tuesday morning skipping sleep to watch Raw.

Trying to stay awake just for Brock to come in and just throw people about.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah RAW was a poor show. The highlight - for me - was Kalisto's win, and that's undone on SmackDown.

Such a shame.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like they're making smackdown more important, awful decision to have kalisto lose the title having just won it. Was so awesome seeing him win it on raw. Been awesome having jericho back but surely should have had him as a suprise entrant in the rumble? The Lesnar thing was a bit weird cos surely he'd relish getting the chance to lay waste to 29 other men potentially in the rumble rather than just fight the champion at mania? Still pumped for the rumble though as ever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If Brock Lesnar is gonna be in the Royal Rumble, I'm not watching it. It's inevitable Brock's gonna win it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah can see Brock getting the title and reigns fighting HHH

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Seems like they're making smackdown more important, awful decision to have kalisto lose the title having just won it.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Such a shame. They could have booked him like Mysterio and really had a marquee, headline name for the Latino population. He could have really transcended south of the border in terms of popularity, in an era where Lucha Underground is thriving.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Few interesting things from around the net:

Tyler Breeze is being buried - http://wrestlingnews.co/vince-mcmaho...-breezes-push/

And Lesnar vs. Owens at WM32 isn't happening - http://wrestlingnews.co/update-on-th...lemania-match/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Few interesting things from around the net:

Tyler Breeze is being buried - http://wrestlingnews.co/vince-mcmaho...-breezes-push/

And Lesnar vs. Owens at WM32 isn't happening - http://wrestlingnews.co/update-on-th...lemania-match/
    lol as if it was ever happening. It was always a pipe dream
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    lol as if it was ever happening. It was always a pipe dream
    Serious reports suggested it was being deliberated from Creative. Not really sure what your point is, or whether this is just a way for you to dig me out.

Stranger things have happened in WWE than a top heel (Owens) facing a top face (Lesnar) at the showcase event (WM).

ReputationRep:
    Shots

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn Malik)
    Shots

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eh?

Edit: I'm not allowed to respond one word answers otherwise some guy will sift through my old posts and bump them, so what exactly do you mean?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn Malik)
    Shots

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Saw this and thought of you...

https://twitter.com/wweuniverse/stat...86680531152896

ReputationRep:
    Serious reports suggested it was being deliberated from Creative. Not really sure what your point is, or whether this is just a way for you to dig me out.

Stranger things have happened in WWE than a top heel (Owens) facing a top face (Lesnar) at the showcase event (WM).
    No it wasn't a way to dig you out. I just don't think it was ever actually happening any time soon, that's my point.

I like Owens but I think its way too soon for him to fight Lesnar. I know people want Lesnar to pass the torch down but I just don't think there is anyone who deserves that torch right now. bit like the undertaker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Saw this and thought of you...

https://twitter.com/wweuniverse/stat...86680531152896
    Hahaha.

This WM is gonna be ****, I would rather stab my own eyes out than watch Triple H in the World Title main event match.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Owens v Taker and didn't Sheamus have a match with Lesnar at a house show that was decent - they could do a Sheamus w/League of Nations v Lesnar, try to conjure up some angle at the Rumble.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Owens v Taker and didn't Sheamus have a match with Lesnar at a house show that was decent - they could do a Sheamus w/League of Nations v Lesnar, try to conjure up some angle at the Rumble.
    Wonder if they've dropped the League of Nations gimmick? Wasn't mentioned at all on either RAW or SmackDown this week.

ReputationRep:
    This is a really good read from Reddit called "The Unseen Title" or why John Cena, Brock Lesnar, and the Undertaker are the only true stars of WWE.

I'll paste it in a spoiler so people don't have to scroll all the way through it if they don't wanna read it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seth Rollins is the current WWEWHC. He got that title by cashing in mid-match during Reigns vs. Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31. He pinned Reigns, not Lesnar, in a move clearly designed to protect both those guys as much as possible. One thing was very clear, though: Brock Lesnar never lost the title, it was stolen from him.Lesnar originally won the title off John Cena in a squash match at Summerslam 2014, and then retained in a couple of somewhat competitive rematches at NoC 2014 and the Royal Rumble, where a injured rib did not stop him from destroying and pinning Seth Rollins. We all know the story.Lesnar, who was entitled to a rematch with Rollins, had to wait until Battleground to get it. And of course, he dominated the match because he's been an absolute monster since Mania 30 and nobody can put a dent in him, except a select few. One of those select few is the Undertaker, who interfered and cost Lesnar the match. Taker went on to get a dirty win over Lesnar.Meanwhile, Cena and Rollins exchanged wins over the US title. Cena beat Rollins a number of times, all clean (or almost all, I can't remember). And Rollins beat Cena once for the US title via the dreaded Jon Stewart run-in (I believe Sammartino lost the title the exact same way).So what we have here is this: Lesnar is god. Taker and Cena cannot beat Lesnar cleanly, but can be competitive with him. Reigns can as well, providing Lesnar runs into a pole. Rollins can't touch him and all of those guys have or probably can beat Rollins one-on-one. But Rollins is the WWEWHC.Expanding on that, guys like Neville, who have competitive matches with Stardust, have had Rollins beat.And all of this, all of these moments of weaknesses or outright clean losses for the WWEWHC make one thing perfectly clear to fans: The WWEWHC is not better than John Cena. He's not better than Brock Lesnar. He's not better than the Undertaker. He's good, but those guys are great.And for a chicken**** champion, that's fine. But when you factor in other things, like CM Punk's big 'ol title reign that was a complete afterthought to Cena's "worst year ever" when he won MITB, the Royal Rumble, and beat Brock Lesnar, or the fact that John Cena has only suffered ten clean losses in the past ten years (Source) it's hard to make the argument that anyone who is not John Cena, Brock Lesnar, or the Undertaker is championship material.Because there's an unseen title around the waists of these guys. A title that says "Yeah, I'm not the champion. But I'm better than the champion and I can beat him anytime I want." And to fans, these titles are all too apparent.And it hurts the product, in the end. It hurts the roster to have one or two guys at the top who are untouchable and everyone else so far below them. Because everyone knows that Rusev isn't beating Cena. Everyone knows that Big Show isn't beating Lesnar. And even when that does happen, even when a Kevin Owens beats John Cena clean...Cena turns around and beats him twice and makes him tap. And what is Owens doing right now? He's feuding with Ryback, another guy who once lost a feud with Cena.And the trend continues. Because everyone knows that Roman Reigns is not going to lose. So there is no real suspense to any part of the show involving one of these guys. It's only when they have a match with each other that anybody really gets that "big match" feeling where outcomes aren't obvious.Taker vs. Lesnar? That's a Summerslam main event. Lesnar vs. Reigns? That's a Wrestlemania main event. Lesnar vs. Rollins? That's a Battleground main event. You see the difference? And how did that Battleground main event end? With a real contender to Lesnar, the Undertaker, interfering and Rollins vanishing into thin air, like his existence was something not to even be concerned about.And of course, there is no solution to this issue at this point. You can't devalue Lesnar or Taker or even Cena. You can't have guys start racking up wins on these guys because fans are accustomed to them being at a certain level. Every time Cena loses, his merch sales dip. So WWE has him get his win back in convincing fashion. Brock Lesnar won't lose cleanly to anyone but the top guy to be (Roman Reigns). Undertaker is on the edge of retirement, and gave Lesnar mega-credibility after WWE's abysmal booking of Lesnar upon his return on 2012. So as it stands now, all these guys live in the stratosphere above the rest of the roster. And then WWE stands around wondering where all the stars are and why the ratings are sinking.Undertaker exists to put over Lesnar. Lesnar exists to put over (probably) Reigns. Cena exists to be put over. The midcard has zero credibility, and the feuds they have with each other will elevate nobody, because none of them have any kind of status to the fans. I'm supposed to be impressed that you beat Ryback and Durph Zurgle? Those guys couldn't even get one hit in on Brock Lesnar.And that's why nobody's watching.TL;DR: There is a belt around John Cena's waist that says "You can't see me" and it is the most prestigious title in the WWE.

Edit: Ffs, click the link, I tried putting it in paragraphs but it still came up as this. I hate technology.

ReputationRep:
    Undertaker's still around, but likely to retire soon.
    We've been saying that for about a decade.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.