Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Taker will go to 25
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    We've been saying that for about a decade.
    Made sense for him to perform at WM31, because he couldn't exactly end on losing the streak. This year it's in his hometown, so he'll likely star. But WM33? Can't see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Made sense for him to perform at WM31, because he couldn't exactly end on losing the streak. This year it's in his hometown, so he'll likely star. But WM33? Can't see it.
    Why not? Nothing's changed between now and WM 27 when he was wrestling Triple H at WM, other than he's actually been wrestling MORE matches.

ReputationRep:

I don't see this pattern changing in the lead up to Mania..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)

I don't see this pattern changing in the lead up to Mania..
    I'm sure if we're lucky we'll get a suited Triple H!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    I'm sure if we're lucky we'll get a suited Triple H!
    Can't beat Seth with J and J.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Rollins will be the biggest face in the company when he returns. Can't wait.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    WWE have announced another live event, for March. It's called WWE: March to WrestleMania, and Lesnar will be appearing. That's a big announcement, and should give us some views as to the WM32 card.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    WWE have announced another live event, for March. It's called WWE: March to WrestleMania, and Lesnar will be appearing. That's a big announcement, and should give us some views as to the WM32 card.
    Think theyre doing a one from Canada on the Network. Theres another one too that I cant remember. The superstarts at the non-network one wont be on the Network one.

ReputationRep:
    Vince is really bending over for Lesnar. He's booking events for him and booking him as if to say UFC fighters can destroy any of his fake wrestlers. Lesnar's great but he's not that great, plus he's really started phoning it in. He just does suplexes, laughs then runs into a turnbuckle to bleed, add on 2-3 F5s and that's every match. He's not shy about saying he's in it for the money and love shis hunting and farming, and that's fine, it's Vince's fault.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    Think theyre doing a one from Canada on the Network. Theres another one too that I cant remember. The superstarts at the non-network one wont be on the Network one.
    Yeah, Montreal. I love Montreal. You tend to get some of the best crowds there.

(Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Vince is really bending over for Lesnar. He's booking events for him and booking him as if to say UFC fighters can destroy any of his fake wrestlers. Lesnar's great but he's not that great, plus he's really started phoning it in. He just does suplexes, laughs then runs into a turnbuckle to bleed, add on 2-3 F5s and that's every match. He's not shy about saying he's in it for the money and love shis hunting and farming, and that's fine, it's Vince's fault.
    No surprises there.

WWE have often said 'the future is now' - but they don't want the future. The company, Creative, and Vince, all want the past. They are so over-reliant on past stars it's almost a parody of itself now.

Remember Night of Champions? Reigns and Ambrose needed a partner. It could have been anybody from NXT. Literally anybody. It could have been a mid-carder from the current roster who deserved a chance - Tyson Kidd, Neville, etc.

Who did it turn out being? Chris Jericho.

Then, Jericho loses and disappears for FIVE more months. What's the point?

ReputationRep:
    I hear Brocks coming to Raw tonight.

If he is then I'm just gonna record it and watch it tomorrow.

I'm not gonna stay up downing red bulls for 3 - 4 hours just for Bork Lazer to come in at the end and destroy everyone.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    AJ Styles has been teasing that he's entering the Rumble...

Please be true.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, I keep hearing Kane may retire soon.

I need to get tickets to the show in april cos it might be the last time I ever see him.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Lesnar will appear with Paul Heyman at his side on Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel segment tonight, WWE has confirmed.

Bring on the go-home show before RAW.

ReputationRep:
    Weird RAW really. Roman dominating Lesnar was a statement, but I thought the Wyatt segment following after topped it off, and potentially set up a Wyatt-Lesnar feud for WrestleMania. Looks like it's Hunter's Royal Rumble unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Best thing about RAW was the strength of the Wyatt booking. That shows signs of WWE finally trusting him to carry a main event programme, and he has to be the favourite going into the Rumble.

The New Day's clash with the Usos (and the champions coming out on top) hints that WWE will soon be switching the titles to the brothers, and that's questionable. I think the former have been the most entertaining part of the roster for a year now, and they deserve to hold onto the straps until Kalisto/Sin Cara win them.

Speaking of Kalisto, WWE have really dropped the ball with him. It was good to see him team up with Ambrose, and Owens on commentary, but Kalisto's heat has been diminished since that loss to Alberto del Rio on SmackDown, where he won back the US Championship on Thursday.

Elsewhere, there were plenty of missteps. The Big Show squashing the Social Outcasts - just weeks after they were booked strongly and breathed life into the lower echelons of the card - was ill-advisable, and the opening segment was far too prolonged.

Chris Jericho has become way more irritating as the years have progressed, too. I have no interest seeing him in a ring as anything other than a heel.

As for Titus O'Neil, Mark Henry, R-Truth and Neville vs The Cosmic Wasteland and Tyler Breeze - with the latter taking the pin just weeks after feuding with Dolph Ziggler - well, what's the point?

ReputationRep:
    People were kicking off a bit last night that the only white guy in a black tag team (Neville) got the pin on Martin Luther King day.

Also I flipping loved it when Bray Wyatt Hit Brock Lesnar with the Sister Abigail.

Even Erick Rowan downed Brock with his finisher.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I loved the strength of the Wyatt booking - but him standing tall at the go-home show would suggest WWE won't give him the victory on Sunday, which is a shame. He didn't used to be the type of wrestler who was hurt by losses, because he wreaked havoc, but he's been consistently undermined and now the only way to strengthen his booking is by having him emerge victorious in key segments/scenarios.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    so, early predictions for rumble results?
    i reckon
    Spoiler:
    Show
    kalisto will win US title
    ambrose will retain intercontinental
    new day will not retain tag but will be involved in a key spot in the rumble
    daniel bryan will not show
    bullet(balor) club will gatecrash
    owens or wyatt will win the title

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.