Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    What an effort^.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    SmackDown has been really decent in the past few weeks, namely because they have placed an emphasis on the secondary titles (Alberto del Rio's feud with Kalisto, and Dean Ambrose against Kevin Owens).

The more I see Chris Jericho the more frustrated I get, but the aforementioned two feuds are a breath of fresh air and I genuinely believe the latter can be the best feud of the year. It needs to run until WrestleMania, especially with neither star having anything else in the pipeline in terms of obvious opponents.

The Wyatt Family were once again booked strongly - which is great to see - but the only misstep of the night, in my view, was Titus O'Neil and Stardust's bout. All they have done is exchange wins thus far, and the whole feud seems hollow.

ReputationRep:
    Sure I read Jericho saying he wasn't going to be at Mania but like many people on the roster, he's joined the stale queue.

Re: Ozzy's brilliant list - I'd add in the Roman Reigns catchphrase "One vs all" or something along those lines that the WWE are pushing loads of times apparently..
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    WWE posted a video on their FB announcing Austin Aries has signed for NXT and debued.

OHHHH HEEELLLLL YEAAAAHHHHH
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Aries must have been the huge announcement Triple H referred to earlier in the week.

ReputationRep:
    Roman Reigns to start at #1 and win, or get screwed right at the end (or win after getting screwed).

It might be that Triple H comes out to screw him and The Rock makes the save to set up their match.

Curtis Axel to be eliminated in seconds.

Lesnar or Triple H or other lackey to be the ace in the hole at #30.

I've given up hoping for big main event-level returns or debuts at Rumbles.
    • TSR Support Team

The past couple of rumbles have been a let down.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Last minute rumour round-up:

- Bullet Club to appear.
    - Jeff Hardy as a surprise entrant.
    - Kurt Angle as a surprise entrant.
    - Shinsuke Nakamura as a surprise entrant.
    - Daniel Bryan to return.
    - Brock Lesnar to win.
    - Bray Wyatt to win.
    - Roman Reigns to win.
    - Triple H to win.
    - The Rock to return, and win.
    - AJ Styles to debut.
    - Finn Balor to debut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Someone debuts - 1 drink

The countdown for the next entrant clearly starts way too early - 1 drink
    Although the countdown's happening early each time haha.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    HOLY ****

I MARKED OUT!!!

Crowd proper pumped after #3

ReputationRep:
    Lame.

Also well done to the fans for, in the Reigns vs HHH part, booing Reigns because he represents the Authority / establishment and the holding down of talent like Bryan, yet cheering Triple H. And they say wrestling fans are retarded.

(Original post by ozzyoscy)
    "Superman punch!" x2 (Sheamus and other dude)

"Ohhhhhh myyyyy!" (bet this was said)

Someone returns (Triple H counts)

Someone debuts (AJ Styles)

Someone is thrown through the middle rope and spends most of their time outside the ring before making a surprise re-appearance (Reigns getting jumped)

A guy who got eliminated gets pissed and re-enters to beat the crap out of or eliminate the guy who eliminated him (Wyatts)

Someone gets 'eliminated' by someone who isn't even in the frigging match (either at all or because they were eliminated) (Wyatts eliminating Lesnar)

The countdown for the next entrant clearly starts way too early (every entrant nearly)

Roman Reigns and two guys who definitely have no chance of winning are the final 3 (I feel like counting this even though Reigns didn't win, only with Triple H would that happen)

Number 30 is someone returning

Number 30 wins

Triple H wins

ReputationRep:
    The rumble match it self was very good, bar the ending. Ambrose or Wyatt should have won. Wyatt has lost so much ****ing weight and looks like a monster now too.

The match has done no favours at all for Reigns though, which is great, because I'm sick of his superman gimmick.

I don't understand why AJ styles was eliminated before Jericho.

Does Brock really need to feud with the Wyatt's ? I just don't see the point unless Wyatt wins clean at WM.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    WWE clearly gearing up to a Lesnar/Wyatt feud - and seeing as though it's relatively fresh - I'm willing to embrace that. No chance Wyatt will go over, though, which is a shame.

Six months ago, I'd have hated the idea of Triple H winning the Rumble, but I totally accept it and was actually really pleased it happened. It was inevitable in a way, and as soon as his entrance music hit you knew the winner was him.

Ambrose and Owens put on another classic - and I'm so glad Kalisto got his title back.

As for AJ Styles? Hell yeah.

ReputationRep:
    So Wrestlemania looking like:

HHH vs Reigns Main Event for WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Ambrose vs Jericho IC Title

Kalisto (?) vs __________ US Title

Tag team match with New Day

Styles vs ___________

Andre The Giant Battle Royal

Owens vs The Undertaker or Owens vs Sami Zayn

Anyone else have any ideas?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    x
    Big rumours Brock Lesnar will face Strowman rather than Bray at WM32.

http://dailyddt.com/2016/01/20/wrest...raun-strowman/

ReputationRep:
    Happy H is finally getting the push he deserves.

**** that guy man.

ReputationRep:
    Really hate the smark fans booing reigns, big possibility that happens at mania too. Hhh is a top heel though so hopefully he can get reigns over With them. So glad I watched the rumble live, the rumble itself looks to have set up some interesting feuds going into mania.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eck-and-return

on the one hand, you have to feel sorry for her and the fact that she could lose her job as an entertainer (and the fact her sister is useless so her sister will be screwed as well);
    on the other hand...she's a licensed real estate agent in cali/arizona (no idea lol but remember an arc of total divas being about it and apparently her first house sold was to arianna aka cameron) so it isnt like shell be on the dole; her mister is loaded (john cena for those who are unfamiliar); and best bit is...the true nxt women's, i mean WWE divas revolution can begin (get rid of entire female wwe roster minus lynch, charlotte, sasha, paige, naomi, tamina, nattie, and bring up bailey (once carmilla is over), asuka, emma, and when talent is developed and future talent is secured, carmilla and alexa bliss in the future).

while we're at it, get rid of the writers for wwe/replace them with nxt creative and either shorten raw or get rid of 1 of the 2 main tv shows to make story more coherent.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Very sad for Nikki, especially given how close to Cena/Bryan she is, and how their careers are stalling right now.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    in fairness, she has improved a lot (as has brie but brie cannot act to save her life...rollins did a more convincing "please dont kidnap me kane" reaction that she did). but tbh, both arent exactly young and quite frankly, I reckon if brie is off the air, she can finally start a family with bryan, and if nikki is off, she still has career options (imo, both should try voice acting as they cant act in real life, or sing but suprisingly good vo work in wwe cartoons)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.