Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This week's SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Show

-The New Day kicked off the show, discussing its interaction with The Rock from RAW. The Miz joined in before The Usos interrupted. A big eight-man tag team match was booked to kick off the show.
    - The Usos, Titus O'Neil and Dolph Ziggler def. The New Day and The Miz.
    - United States champion Kalisto def. Neville.
    - "The Highlight Reel," hosted by Chris Jericho and featuring Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns, was interrupted by The Wyatt Family. A six-man tag team match was announced for the main event.
    - AJ Styles def. Curtis Axel.
    WWE Divas champion Charlotte def. Natalya. After the match, Becky Lynch saved Natalya from a beatdown.
    - A backstage vignette aired, showing Sasha Banks splitting from her Team B.A.D. teammates.
    - Ambrose, Jericho and Reigns def. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper via disqualification when Braun Strowman interfered. Big Show hit the ring to make the save for the babyfaces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I didn't say racist.
    "My bad, this is on me."

- R Truth

Gotta love him in the rumble though, his act will never get old.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Batista turned down the offer of a WM32 match, according to reports.

Thank God.

ReputationRep:
    Batista is awesome as a heel. He found his calling then retired soon after. When they came back, they made him a face, which was stupid, even Batista thought it was stupid, and he ended up being heel anyway.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Batista is awesome as a heel. He found his calling then retired soon after. When they came back, they made him a face, which was stupid, even Batista thought it was stupid, and he ended up being heel anyway.
    Exactly. Batista - like many superstars in WWE - knew his character and the fans best. Look at the success of the New Day now, compared to when they were faces. Sometimes Creative - and the company - need to relinquish control to stars, especially midcarders and lower card fodder. What have they got to lose?

I get that WWE are paranoid and Vince is a control freak - so it's understandable they control the path of the top guys: Triple H, Rollins, Reigns, Wyatt, Ambrose, Lesnar, Cena, Orton.

But look at guys like Sandow wasting away. Give him a mic, give him freedom, and see if anything sticks. Stardust's character worked for a long time after Cody initially transformed into that gimmick - and why? Because he was creative and threw himself fully into it.

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts (inb4 we don't care)

- The Rumble was great. Even though we all knew the ending there was enough given to us to enjoy some cool surprises. Ambrose and Owens going at it was cool (opening match between the two was awesome), Zayn eliminating Owens was even cooler, and there were a few cool spots as well (R-Truth worked for me, Wyatt-HHH stare-down and Kofi avoiding elimination too).
    - Lesnar coming out and destroying the Wyatt's was amazing, heck even seeing Brock in the Rumble was sick itself. Few things didn't make sense, why did Brock just accept it when he'd been screwed? Didn't suit his character, it would've made sense for him to re-enter the ring with a ****ing chair or something and eliminate Wyatt. Why did the Wyatt Family leave after eliminating Brock? Surely they should've stayed and whooped everyone's ass until Bray was the winner. Why didn't Reigns enter the ring to make sure his buddy Dean won the Rumble, and to screw The Game? Lazy booking.
    - The Fastlane main event should be a good match, seems predictable that Wyatt's will take out Lesnar and Dean takes the pinfall though. I'd love Ambrose to main event WrestleMania, he's so much more over with the crowd than Reigns (who was unfairly treated by the crowd at RR). I guess Vince doesn't see longevity in carrying the company forward with him, but he can be the top face for the next 2-3 years at least, have him and Reigns main eventing and build them both up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Batista would be a huge draw if :

1. He wasn't shoehorned to win his first match back in the rumble over Bryan

2. He wasn't shoehorned to be in the worst authority trio of HHH, Orton and himself.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PillowTa1k)
    My thoughts (inb4 we don't care)

- The Rumble was great. Even though we all knew the ending there was enough given to us to enjoy some cool surprises. Ambrose and Owens going at it was cool (opening match between the two was awesome), Zayn eliminating Owens was even cooler, and there were a few cool spots as well (R-Truth worked for me, Wyatt-HHH stare-down and Kofi avoiding elimination too).
    - Lesnar coming out and destroying the Wyatt's was amazing, heck even seeing Brock in the Rumble was sick itself. Few things didn't make sense, why did Brock just accept it when he'd been screwed? Didn't suit his character, it would've made sense for him to re-enter the ring with a ****ing chair or something and eliminate Wyatt. Why did the Wyatt Family leave after eliminating Brock? Surely they should've stayed and whooped everyone's ass until Bray was the winner. Why didn't Reigns enter the ring to make sure his buddy Dean won the Rumble, and to screw The Game? Lazy booking.
    - The Fastlane main event should be a good match, seems predictable that Wyatt's will take out Lesnar and Dean takes the pinfall though. I'd love Ambrose to main event WrestleMania, he's so much more over with the crowd than Reigns (who was unfairly treated by the crowd at RR). I guess Vince doesn't see longevity in carrying the company forward with him, but he can be the top face for the next 2-3 years at least, have him and Reigns main eventing and build them both up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    FFS your new username.

ReputationRep:
    What are your guys thoughts on Cena and his position within the company when he returns? Does he go back to the mid-card and give a rub to the less established stars? Does he get put straight back in the main event scene? Does he win his 16th WWE World Heavyweight Championship? You'd think with the money he's paid, and the fact it'll be over 2 years since he last held the belt, that he'll go straight for the championship.

Do you think Reigns will ever get over, not even as the top guy but as a main event babyface?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis. Is Gay)
    What are your guys thoughts on Cena and his position within the company when he returns? Does he go back to the mid-card and give a rub to the less established stars? Does he get put straight back in the main event scene? Does he win his 16th WWE World Heavyweight Championship? You'd think with the money he's paid, and the fact it'll be over 2 years since he last held the belt, that he'll go straight for the championship.

Do you think Reigns will ever get over, not even as the top guy but as a main event babyface?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We all know that is gonna happen eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Just got smackdown tickets for 02, i hope kane will be there.
    • TSR Support Team

Sad news that Bret Hart is battling cancer http://espn.go.com/moresports/story/...rostate-cancer
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Really sad news that, to be honest. Hope Owen gets a place in the Hall of Fame soon. Doesn't seem likely that it'll be this year...

ReputationRep:
    We all know that whether someone gets a push back in the big time is now almost entirely down to whether you're friends with Triple H. Or if you are Triple H.

Kevin Owens, normally he'd start getting pushed down and left to rot like the countless other hot stars, but he's good friends with Triple H, so he's more likely to hold the title several times, but unfortunately not because of his talent.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Owens/Ziggler delivered another stellar match-up on RAW, but I can't help thinking WWE is wasting that feud and those matches on free-to-air TV.

There were a few question marks over RAW last night - namely the direction of Big Show, who has flitted between face and heel so many times it's difficult to keep track of what his character is. Feuding with Strowman and Wyatt's disciples is clever, but the direction of Wyatt seems unclear after his absence.

You'd imagine he will intervene in the Fast Lane main event, costing Lesnar and setting up a WM32 match. As for the other participants, Ambrose and Reigns, it seemed like there was some frostiness this week - and that's a clever route for Creative to go in. Teasing some dissension will make Fast Lane much more tense.

AJ Styles seems on course for a programme with Chris Jericho, and he came across really well on Miz TV without speaking. The Miz is such a good natural heel, too. He's one of the only genuine heels WWE has - along with Sheamus probably. Owens and Wyatt - whilst being great - are seen as cool by the fans. The Miz is just a throwback, hate-worthy figure.

I don't like the idea of extending the Kalisto and Alberto del Rio feud, either. It seemed natural to draw that to a conclusion after the Royal Rumble.

I'm glad the Social Outcasts are being booked strongly, though. They put up a good showing against the Usos.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This week's SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Show

- Roman Reigns def. Rusev by disqualification when Alberto Del Rio interfered. Dean Ambrose made the save but The League of Nations gained the advantage. Reigns grabbed a chair and the heels retreated.
    - United States champion Kalisto def. Kevin Owens in a non-title match after Dolph Ziggler interfered. Owens laid out both babyfaces after the match.
    - The Miz cut a promo on AJ Styles.
    - Ryback def. Erick Rowan. After the match, Braun Strowman attacked but Ryback escaped.
    - Renee Young interviewed Becky Lynch before Sasha Banks interrupted.
    - AJ Styles def. The Miz. Chris Jericho, at ringside for the match, asked for a rematch against AJ next week. The challenge was accepted.
    - WWE announced Brock Lesnar for next week's SmackDown.
    - The New Day cut a promo but The Social Outcasts interrupted.
    - The New Day def. The Social Outcasts.
    - Divas champion Charlotte def. Alicia Fox in a non-title match.
    - Reigns and Ambrose def. Rusev and Del Rio.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder whether Rock's decision to tweet his busy schedule was his way of confirming he won't be in the ring at WM32. Can't blame him tbf, he had a serious injury at WM29 which nearly scuppered Hercules for him so maybe like at the Rumble last year, he'll be involved in the HHH-Reigns main event as Special Guest Ref and win his cousin his third(?) World title.

ReputationRep:
    Just realized Edge speared Mick Foley through a flaming table a decade ago...

Time is going by too fast someone stop it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    Just realized Edge speared Mick Foley through a flaming table a decade ago...

Time is going by too fast someone stop it.
    That was awesome.....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Wonder whether Rock's decision to tweet his busy schedule was his way of confirming he won't be in the ring at WM32. Can't blame him tbf, he had a serious injury at WM29 which nearly scuppered Hercules for him so maybe like at the Rumble last year, he'll be involved in the HHH-Reigns main event as Special Guest Ref and win his cousin his third(?) World title.
    I think his role the other week confirmed he won't be in the ring, anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.