Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Taker vs Albert & Big Show was Vince's second homosexual experience. 3 big hairy men.

ReputationRep:
    I'll never understand Vince's obsession with 'big' guys, that was cool in the late 80's, not now. We want to see well-rounded performers like AJ Styles, Rollins, Ambrose or talented stars like Owens, Neville, Wyatt - not Stowman vs Big Show. Christ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Wyatts to interfere and cost Lesnar the match. Ambrose and Reigns to somehow both go to Mania to face Triple H.
    Technically Roman still hasn't had his rematch after losing the title. They could use that to get him in the WM match it Ambrose wins.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    One thing is for sure: a Lesnar win this weekend doesn't look like it's happening. Even thought Lesnar and HHH would be a brilliant draw, you just think it gives the company too fewer options going forward in comparison to Ambrose/Reigns.

ReputationRep:
    One thing is for sure: a Lesnar win this weekend doesn't look like it's happening. Even thought Lesnar and HHH would be a brilliant draw, you just think it gives the company too fewer options going forward in comparison to Ambrose/Reigns.
    Would it be realistic though? Lesnar is booked as an animal, HHH a part-timer clearly past his peak and it just wouldn't be believable having Trips go over (other than to sooth his abnormally large ****ing ego). The main event is ruined anyway, since Hunter is 100% dropping the belt (unless they decide to do a swerve, and make him lose it the night after Mania, but that would be dumb).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeyToSuccess)
    Would it be realistic though? Lesnar is booked as an animal, HHH a part-timer clearly past his peak and it just wouldn't be believable having Trips go over (other than to sooth his abnormally large ****ing ego). The main event is ruined anyway, since Hunter is 100% dropping the belt (unless they decide to do a swerve, and make him lose it the night after Mania, but that would be dumb).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lesnar has actually gone 4 and 4 since he distanced Cena at Summerslam back in 2014 on PPV, though. Admittedly, each loss came either via a) a cash-in, b) a disqualification or c) interference.

If WWE can orchestrate a way for the Wyatts to cost him victory, I'm sure they will.

Bray is completely free for Mania as it stands.

ReputationRep:
    While the booking still sucks (HHH as champ mainly), they've given themselves every option with any outcome.

If Roman wins, it's Roman vs HHH (obvious outcome) and Lesnar vs Ambrose.

If Ambrose wins, it's Roman vs Lesnar rematch and HHH vs this rising star (though everyone's been rising forever...).

If Lesnar wins, it could be Roman vs Ambrose, and Lesnar vs HHH would still work.

Plus Roman can always be inserted in if he loses.

As for the Wyatts, Strowman going against Taker would make storyline sense. Bray failed in beating him at WM, and again at Survivor Series, so he sics his big dog on him. The rest of the month is Wyatts vs Taker.

(Original post by RandomGuy19)
    I'll never understand Vince's obsession with 'big' guys, that was cool in the late 80's, not now.
    When you effectively have a monopoly on the business, you can start fantasy booking. Daffney was the shits in EWR compared to Sara Del Rey and Victoria, but you bet I pushed her to the Women's title.

The guy has a lot of daddy issues to say the least. His step-father beat the **** out of him and his mother, so now he has this huge complex with being powerful and big men...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Randy Orton definitely out of WM32, according to Flair on his latest podcast. So that rules out one return, at least. The company would be unwise to rush back Orton - or Cena - at their ages. They should use WM32 to build up the new breed. Give Owens, Reigns, Ambrose strong showings and strong bookings with strong opponents/programmes.

ReputationRep:
    Tired of seeing HHH vs Lesnar 4.0 tbh
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Interesting this.

WWE are looking to cut back on their PPVs, in a bid to increase their Network specials.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2813040/wwe...work-specials/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Tired of seeing HHH vs Lesnar 4.0 tbh
    This.

They do need to cut down on PPV's, but they also need an off season, to reduce injuries and dilution of the product (**** like Kane main eventing a PPV for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship needs to stop). I'm certainly tuning out after WM if Reigns wins the title, and not because I hate the guy; on the contrary I'm a big fan, but it's too damn predictable, and it comes from having 2-3 shows a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You know what I'd love to see though, is Kevin Owens pop up powerbomb Taker. They'd have a brilliant match. **** Strowman, he's just another Snitsky
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This.

They do need to cut down on PPV's, but they also need an off season, to reduce injuries and dilution of the product (**** like Kane main eventing a PPV for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship needs to stop). I'm certainly tuning out after WM if Reigns wins the title, and not because I hate the guy; on the contrary I'm a big fan, but it's too damn predictable, and it comes from having 2-3 shows a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They need less gimmick PPVs, to be honest. TLC, Hell in a Cell, Elimination Chamber, MITB etc etc etc.

(Original post by AR_95)
    You know what I'd love to see though, is Kevin Owens pop up powerbomb Taker. They'd have a brilliant match. **** Strowman, he's just another Snitsky
    Absolutely.

ReputationRep:
    They need less gimmick PPVs, to be honest. TLC, Hell in a Cell, Elimination Chamber, MITB etc etc etc.

Absolutely.
    MITB is running a bit dry, there's no way to cash-in that hasn't been done already. Chamber is boring, TLC is boring, HIAC is boring. Only PPV's worth watching are Rumble and Mania tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I keep forgetting Triple H is champion.

All I really care about is Kane getting one last run though. As long as Kane and Sasha Banks are on Raw, I'm happy.

I want Kane and Sasha Banks to create a tag team called Big Red Boss or something.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    MITB is running a bit dry, there's no way to cash-in that hasn't been done already. Chamber is boring, TLC is boring, HIAC is boring. Only PPV's worth watching are Rumble and Mania tbh.
    A part of me still gets really excited about SummerSlam, to be honest.

It's a shame Survivor Series has become so poor.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Predictions:

Del Rio Def. Kalisto
    Owens Def. Ziggler
    AJ Styles Def. Jericho
    Wyatts Def. Kane, Big Show & Ryback
    Lynch/Banks Def. Tamina/Naomi
    Charlotte Def. Brie Bella
    Roman Reigns Def. Dean Ambrose & Brock lesnar

DRINKING GAME: (I will be playing the version from WhatCulture Youtube)
    Drink for every mention of "Wrestlemania"
    Drink for every mention of "Brothers"
    Drink every time you see a car on screen
    Drink every time you see Eva Marie
    Drink for every BRIEEEE MOOOODEEEE
    Down for any Heel turns
    Down for any surprise returns/debuts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    Down for any Hell turns
    What's a hell turn?

Edit: oh heel turn, was starting to think hell turn meant a powerful turn.

ReputationRep:
    Fastlane spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, the establishment guy went over the fan favourite in unspectacular fashion. The disappointment in the fanbase is palpable. We may still have a good Wrestlemania main event, but it seems highly unlikely that we'll have an interesting one.

ReputationRep:
    Dang, copying me is starting to become a thing.

Every time a PPV or Raw goes by, I'm reminded why I don't waste time watching them. I would be so pissed every week at the lack of payoff and all the interrupting ads and boredom I have to wait through to reach that point.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.