The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;W9hq0TcMhaY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9hq0TcMhaY[/video]
Reply 4401
Undertaker confirmed for an appearance on RAW next week.
Reply 4402
SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler

Original post by Mackay

Spoiler

Bet that was a worthwhile segment, as always.
Reply 4404
Original post by ozzyoscy
Bet that was a worthwhile segment, as always.

Seems a very poor show in general. Where on Earth are Creative even going with this Jericho/Styles thing? There doesn't seem to be a heel turn coming for either superstar.

They closed off SmackDown by dancing together apparently, too.
Original post by Mackay
Seems a very poor show in general. Where on Earth are Creative even going with this Jericho/Styles thing? There doesn't seem to be a heel turn coming for either superstar.

They closed off SmackDown by dancing together apparently, too.

There are still weeks to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4406
Original post by AR_95
There are still weeks to go

Posted from TSR Mobile

A heel turn for either man makes less and less sense the more they tag together, though. That's the issue. Why Jericho didn't turn heel at Fast Lane, or before that, is bewildering.
Hard to get excited for WM at this stage, the only storyline to invest in right now is Shane vs Taker. Ambrose vs Lesnar has (or had potential), but for me it was kinda killed off when he ate the pin from Reigns, and I'm an Ambrose mark. The less said about the main event the better). It makes it a stretch to have Ambrose as a believable sparring partner, even with the underdog build. Either Lesnar should've been pinned, and then been built as an angry animal gunning for everyone and everything, F5's and suplexes all over RAW, or a damn heel turn for Reigns or Ambrose to protect all 3.

Reigns vs HHH- Boring
New Day vs whoever- Boring
Ambrose vs Lesnar- Boring (less boring than HHH mind)
Charlotte vs Banks/Lynch/Both- Boring
AJ vs Y2J- If it happens, boring
Kalisto vs whoever- Boring
Battle Royal- Boring
Wyatt's vs any match involving Big Show- BORING

Posted from TSR Mobile
HHH vs Reigns doesn't look boring, especially if it remains as violent as it did the last RAW. it might be just exactly what reigns needs.

Ambrose vs Lesnar is a great angle in fact.I wouldn't have backed Ambrose to main event but after the pop he receieved and just how compelling he looked on RAW, he's so over right now. I'd be fine with him beating Lesnar, or he doesn't even have to and he can still go over. If he does win then I'm sure they'll have a rematch at extreme rules where Brock will win and regain his momentum.

Shane vs taker, I just don't know. I don't actually see Shane winning this, and I don't see it being a good match, but it's hell in a cell with undertaker so it may be interesting. To be honest I'm looking forward to this WM a lot more than last year's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4409
I genuinely don't see Shane wrestling. And if he does, he won't win clean. Maybe a swerve with a Cena return, costing Taker and setting up that one final match at WM33?
Original post by Mackay
I genuinely don't see Shane wrestling. And if he does, he won't win clean. Maybe a swerve with a Cena return, costing Taker and setting up that one final match at WM33?

I agree, just part of me thinks they may actually have Shane wrestle just because of how old Taker is
Reply 4411
Original post by AR_95
I agree, just part of me thinks they may actually have Shane wrestle just because of how old Taker is

If they do, all manner of things could go wrong.

Shane hasn't wrestled in a decade! And Taker's 50 FFS!
Ric Flair was 120, but was still having better and safer matches than most of the roster.

Undertaker can work, Shane can do spots, Taker can tell him when to do them. Being in a cell, the actual wrestling will be the least noticable thing. There'll be weapons and shenanigans.
Reply 4413
Ric Flair was 120, but was still having better and safer matches than most of the roster.

Undertaker can work, Shane can do spots, Taker can tell him when to do them. Being in a cell, the actual wrestling will be the least noticable thing. There'll be weapons and shenanigans.

How can anybody take it seriously, though? A man who hasn't wrestled in a decade is supposed to push the biggest legend of the company far in a match on the grandest stage? Where Undertaker has only lost once?

Any defeat for Taker would undermine the streak.
Knowing WWE I know they'd be more than content to undermine the streak

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4415
Original post by AR_95
Knowing WWE I know they'd be more than content to undermine the streak

Posted from TSR Mobile

PWTorch are saying there's currently NO plans for a Shane O'Mac appearance post-WrestleMania.

So, it's clearly a work to ramp up excitement ahead of WM32 and then the company will continue being turgid thereafter.

Something needs to change. RAW needs freshening up.
Original post by Mackay
How can anybody take it seriously, though? A man who hasn't wrestled in a decade is supposed to push the biggest legend of the company far in a match on the grandest stage? Where Undertaker has only lost once?

Any defeat for Taker would undermine the streak.

I don't think we're really supposed to take it too seriously. It's about as big a joke as Shane vs Kurt Angle, Blackman, Big Show. The whole point is it's a ridiculously one-sided match after all.

Taker has been wrestling WrestleMania matches for years where we knew the outcome, and still had people believing during the match when the ref was counting a pin that he might lose at that moment.
Reply 4417
I don't think we're really supposed to take it too seriously. It's about as big a joke as Shane vs Kurt Angle, Blackman, Big Show. The whole point is it's a ridiculously one-sided match after all.

Taker has been wrestling WrestleMania matches for years where we knew the outcome, and still had people believing during the match when the ref was counting a pin that he might lose at that moment.

My favourite WWE picture ever:

Original post by Mackay
PWTorch are saying there's currently NO plans for a Shane O'Mac appearance post-WrestleMania.

So, it's clearly a work to ramp up excitement ahead of WM32 and then the company will continue being turgid thereafter.

Something needs to change. RAW needs freshening up.

I saw a report that de'd signed a long term deal and was working from stanford.

Guess we'll find out after Wrestlemania.

Only thing i'm concerned about it will they be able to have a good match. Shane hasn't wrestled in years and is now 46, Undertaker will be 51. I'm still wondering if they'll add a twist to it. Plus, in kayafabe does it make sense for Undertaker to be following someone's orders?

I wouldn't be against Shane McMahon and Kane vs Vince McMahon and The Undertaker.
Reply 4419
Yeah, the Undertaker aligning with Vince makes very little sense - aside from the fact he's a company man and Vince has invested a lot in him.

Quick Reply

Latest