Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Let's be fair, if you're a wrestler and not in WWE or Japan, you're nowhere.
    Unless you got on the TNA gravy chain that paid for your retirement.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Unless you got on the TNA gravy chain that paid for your retirement.
    But that's just cashing a cheque. They don't do it for the love of the industry, or business, or whatever. That's just another day job to them. I think wrestling - I refuse to call it sports entertainment - is about the love of getting in that ring every night and competing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If we see Kevin Owens against Big Show at WM32, I'm pretty sure I'll lose my ****.

Ryback going for a heel turn is smart, because the guy is in desperate need of freshening up. They need to hit the button soon, though, and give him a decent programme for Mania. I wouldn't mind seeing him go up against Kalisto, personally. He's stuck right now tagging with Sin Cara, but he's got a secondary championship and needs to showcase it. I've seen enough of the Lucha Dragons against the League of Nations.

Ambrose and Triple H's blossoming feud is interesting. Obviously, with Lesnar absent, they need to keep Dean busy. I wonder if the company are edging towards a triple threat type scenario though. Or maybe Ambrose pulling double duty at Mania? That would be a bit of a carbon copy of the Bryan storyline, and I'm not sure how they can make it realistic given the fact Lesnar will likely dismantle and destroy Ambrose earlier on in the night.

As for the Undertaker/Shane O'Mac feud... it wasn't explained/developed very well. Why is Taker siding with Vince? Stephanie's promo was on a whole different level, though.

ReputationRep:
    Watched the Undertaker bit and all I'm getting so far is Vince swerves and helps Shane beat Taker and the McMahon family rule together.

Wouldn't exactly be the first time Vince McMahon talked (in hindsight) complete *******s in the buildup, Vince screwed a mega face at WrestleMania, and a McMahon inevitably turned heel.

It also allows Shane to soon **** back off and give Triple H and Taker a feud and match after getting their WM payday, if they want.

ReputationRep:
    This is awesome, one of my favourite childhood films, Surf's Up, is getting a sequel called Wavemania and the characters are gonna be played by WWE stars.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why they're getting Dean involved with HHH, if he has a feud with Lesnar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I don't understand why they're getting Dean involved with HHH, if he has a feud with Lesnar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Because Lesnar's not around every week, and it gets good crowd reactions and some heat for Hunter. Ambrose hyping the street fight at WM every week would be boring. That aside, it was probably a one off to try and re-establish Trips as a heel, and to cover for Reigns being absent. The title being defended at that crap house show sucks as well, could've at least done it on RAW and then had Lesnar intervene ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Triple H's ego has ****ed up a few potential WM matches and feuds.

The only way I'm gonna like this is if every major match (Lesnar/Ambrose, HHH/Reigns, Taker/Shane) is connected in a way we won't see until the night.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Triple H's ego has ****ed up a few potential WM matches and feuds.
    Nothing beats the time he was put over against Booker T after spending the whole feud being borderline racist.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Show

- Dean Ambrose kicked off SmackDown with a promo. Intercontinental champ Kevin Owens interrupted and talked about not having a match at WrestleMania. Owens tried to sneak attack Ambrose but was blasted with a steel chair.
    - The League of Nations def. The Usos. After the match, The Dudley Boyz hit the ring and teased putting The Usos through a table, but they did not.
    - Dolph Ziggler def. The Miz.
    - Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch ended in a no contest when Charlotte got involved and beat both women down.
    - AJ Styles def. Kofi Kingston.
    - Ambrose def. Owens in a non-title match. After the match, Ambrose delivered an elbow drop onto Owens and onto the announce table, which did not break.

ReputationRep:
    Undertaker confirmed for Smackdown in London! It could be his last one in London!

I had only enough money for a high up smackdown ticket and I was just watching the "Undertaker returns to London" video hoping it was gonna be raw and smackdown and then it said Smackdown and I went hysterical.

I'm lit right now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    SmackDown was decent, despite the lack of action. A two-hour show really flies in comparison to the ever-long RAW and mundane promos of Monday nights.

Owens deserves to be doing something better at WM32 than fighting Big Show.

ReputationRep:
    Another **** RAW then. Does anyone actually watch non-PPV's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bodeans)
    Another **** RAW then. Does anyone actually watch non-PPV's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I liked it, :/

Kevin Owen vs Neville featuring Sami and Y2AJ vs new day were amazing.

All the jobbers also fought over pizza after the show ended.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I thought RAW was surprisingly good.

Shane O'Mac and Vince's exchange was brilliantly crafted once again. The latter is the finest heel in the company's history, but they need to act swiftly to give credit to Undertaker's stance as pro-Vince and his willingness to do the Authority's bidding.

Kevin Owens is a monster heel, too, and Sami Zayn's ascension to the main roster comes at the perfect time. Owens needs a decent opponent for the Intercontinental Championship, and the duo will have a stellar WM32 match.

Elsewhere, the teasing of the Bray Wyatt and Triple H match for future was so sensible. I loved that. That feud NEEDS to happen at some stage for sure. The company would be incredibly foolish (more so than usual) not to act on that and build a programme around it. The crowd reaction was off the charts.

I could have done without the Ziggler vs. League of Nations match, given the fact that all characters involved are so stale at this point. For Barrett's last few months, I want him to break away from a faction and have some really decent matches injury-free. He doesn't need to be in a championship picture, but he deserves to be in the mid-card putting over babyfaces and having a decent feud.

Ryback and Kalisto is a fresh match-up, but why is Ryback so anti the little guys? That schtick was what the company tried to put on Sheamus, and it didn't work. We need more overt heel tactics from Ryback to fully invest.

Speaking of which... Chris Jericho is a master of the heel turn. He knows the ring so well, and has great chemistry with AJ Styles. I'm looking forward to their feud and WM32 match. Jericho is great at the psychology of wrestling, and though the heel turn was inevitably, it was brilliantly executed.

The New Day need decent challengers at this point. With Kalisto having the US Championship, the Dudley Boyz pre-occupied with the Usos, I'd actually be tempted to throw two mid-carders together as a tag-team, or call somebody up from NXT.

Pretty excited for Roadblock, to be honest.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Zayn's back!!!!!!

Now, when will the bullet, I mean Balor club come to the main roster (ps
    Spoiler:
    Show
    anyone else find it interesting that the nxt men and womens champs are dating in real life
    )

regarding Balor club, I wonder if
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Becky Lynch
    could join as
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She was trained by devitt

ReputationRep:
    So who you guys for? Shane or Taker?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    So who you guys for? Shane or Taker?
    based on rumour about return of split brand, I would say shane as I would like to see him descend from babyface to heel .

Taker is likely to win however but wouldn't be surprised fi there is any interference
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    WM33 to be held at Orlando.

The wait for a Wembley PPV continues.

It will be the second WrestleMania hosted in Orlando after WrestleMania XXIV in 2008.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.