Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    WM33 to be held at Orlando.

The wait for a Wembley PPV continues.

It will be the second WrestleMania hosted in Orlando after WrestleMania XXIV in 2008.
    I doubt they'll ever have WM in London due to the world clock and most fans are in America.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    I doubt they'll ever have WM in London due to the world clock and most fans are in America.
    I think the weather is more likely to mean they don't take WM over here.

They've already had a SummerSlam at Wembley, so a repeat of that in the August sunshine seems more likely.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Show

- Miz TV kicked off the show, gathering Sami Zayn and intercontinental champion Kevin Owens together for the first time since the former's return on Raw. Neville interrupted, and a tag team match was booked.
    - Neville and Zayn def. Owens and The Miz when Zayn pinned Miz.
    - Brie Bella def. Summer Rae. After the match, Lana attacked and laid the winner out with The Bella Buster.
    - Chris Jericho cut a promo in which he burned a Y2AJ T-shirt. AJ Styles interrupted but was attacked by The Ascension. He rebounded and cleared the ring, leaving Konnor and Viktor to stare Y2J down.
    - The League of Nations' Sheamus and King Barrett def. Sin Cara and United States champion Kalisto when Barrett pinned Sin Cara.
    - Ryback cut a promo on Kalisto.
    - Dean Ambrose, The Usos and Dolph Ziggler def. The Wyatt Family.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, reading the PPV results, that was a glorified episode of Heat or one of those UK PPVs. I knew nothing would happen but I didn't know it'd be that bad.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Roadblock was a dreadful, dreadful show.

Apparently they are holding out on hitting the button on the Lesnar vs Wyatt feud until after WM32. So, we can safely assume Wyatt will interfere at Mania and cost Brock the match against Dean Ambrose. It made no sense to book and advertise a match, only to give the fans watching at home and the fans in the arena something else entirely.

Ambrose and Triple H held up their end of the bargain, but they were the only ones who did. Their match was solid - except the lazy screwjob element - and it's obviously the right choice to keep the strap on Trips going into WM32.

The New Day are clearly turning babyface, and their promo was as great as ever. Xavier Woods should just stop wrestling and become a manager full-time, in my view. Their match with the League of Nations was really rusty. There were a few botches and missteps throughout.

The NXT Tag Team match had a lack of heat, but it was good to see the Divas Revolution continue.

As for Jack Swagger against Chris Jericho? I basically watched it on autopilot. Completely pointless. Stardust, on the other hand, looked the best I've seen him in months against Sami Zayn. Let's turn him back to Cody and give him a meaningful gimmick and feud with somebody.

ReputationRep:
    I read up that the highlight of the Show was Luke Harper getting a 2 count on Brock Lesnar.

I guess that is an achievment within itself.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Reportedly, according to PWInsider, another WWE star has given notice that they won't be renewing their contract. Logic suggests it's Mark Henry, but it'd be interesting if it wasn't and it was somebody else who - like Barrett - is growing dissatisfied with the company's direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Reportedly, according to PWInsider, another WWE star has given notice that they won't be renewing their contract. Logic suggests it's Mark Henry, but it'd be interesting if it wasn't and it was somebody else who - like Barrett - is growing dissatisfied with the company's direction.
    Ziggler could fit? Mark Henry has already said he's retiring shortly.

Saw this also, think it was Bryan Alvarez but could have been someone else who said that it was someone people will be happy to see leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone may be coming back tonight.

Not saying anyone but let's just say it'll change the angle of how we watch WWE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    Someone may be coming back tonight.

Not saying anyone but let's just say it'll change the angle of how we watch WWE.
    Worth staying up tonight for then i guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamSSG1995)
    Worth staying up tonight for then i guess?
    I stay up every monday night (well, tuesday morning) for it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    Ziggler could fit? Mark Henry has already said he's retiring shortly.

Saw this also, think it was Bryan Alvarez but could have been someone else who said that it was someone people will be happy to see leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I heard maybe Del Rio.

Cesaro rumoured to be back post-WM32, and Rollins has stepped up his training to twice a week.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I think WWE will get as many Attitude Era legends/nostalgia pops as possible for WM32 to fill the gap in the card's quality
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Samoa Joe looks set to debut on RAW the night after WM32. I'm really pleased about that.

Aside from that, there's rumours that Triple H and Kurt Angle met up with a view to him returning to the company. Stranger things have happened.

ReputationRep:
    So this happened on the Raw pre show. Booker T got pissed at this guy called Scott for calling him Gi bro last week and saying "the man who puts the stink in stinkeye" tonight. Bad sound quality so turn straight up.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder when WWE will realise that their plan to have Hunter beat IWC darlings (but hey, let's forget that Ziggler jobbed to The Miz about 2 weeks ago) WON'T get Reigns over upon his return. I genuinely think Trips is doing it on purpose now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Reigns fan, but this feud puts me to sleep. Would rather a Cena WM main event tbh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It was good to see RAW start with some actual action from The New Day and The League of Nations, but the latter is such a hollow faction at this point. They have no momentum, and we can't seriously buy into them due to the amount of losses they've racked up.

It was good to see Dolph Ziggler thrusted into the main event feud, because he's such a solid worker, but you could tell from the crowd reaction that the fanbase is still more behind Dean Ambrose than Romain Reigns. Reigns should have beaten down on the babyfaces trying to stop him getting at Triple H. That would have bought him some cheers and appealed to the marks.

Ambrose going up against Brock Lesnar - and holding his ground - was excellent work by Creative. They both know how to create suspense, and Ambrose against Paul Heyman is a heck of a promo duel.

There were a few things I could have done without - Sami Zayn having to square off against the Miz, the Usos against the JOB Squad/Social Outcasts, Ryback not fully committing to being a heel yet - but it was a solid RAW.

Chris Jericho delivered another fantastic promo, too. Excellent work from him recently. It's a shame his bout against Neville was cut short due to his injury.

The Undertaker programme with Shane O'Mac also needs work. We need a real, justifiable reason as to why he's doing Vince's bidding.

ReputationRep:
    I can just see Reigns leaving WM as a heel.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I can just see Reigns leaving WM as a heel.
    Same. Makes more and more sense the more I think about it. Reigns vs. Ambrose, or even a heel Reigns vs. returning babyface Rollins, would be a great feud for the summer.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.