ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    NXT! NXT! NXT!

Here we go.
    Still an hour

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So, Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura is the match of the year. What an atmosphere, what a match up. Really glad the latter went over, and really pleased both competitors got a standing ovation.

Expect Joe on RAW next week.

ReputationRep:
    NXT Takeover Dallas ... what an amazing start to WrestleMania weekend. The only thing that wasn't a brilliant match was Corbin vs Aries but it was still good to watch. Loved the opening tag match, fantastic action at a great pace with lots of twists and turns to the match. Nakamura vs Zayn ... Wow. Anyone who hasn't watched the match needs to watch it immediately. Seriously, stop reading this and go watch it. I thought Asuka vs Bayley was done perfectly and the finish was great although it was hard to get into at first because I was still coming down from the previous match, they could've done with more bumper time in between. The main event was freaking awesome too, Joe and Balor tore the house down.

Four of the matches on this show on their own were worth 10 bucks let alone the fact we get WrestleMania and the Hall of Fame with it. In fact, if this had been on 5 years ago before the network and distributed on pay-per-view I probably wouldn't have felt ripped off afterwards. This easily would've been worth $50 to watch in HD under the old system for any proper wrestling fan.

P.S. I think someone at the tower must've been watching the old Austin/Bret matches whilst working on the Austin section on the network ... we got the WrestleMania 13 finish in the semi-main and the Survivor Series '96 finish in the main last night! Haha
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    NXT Takeover Dallas ... what an amazing start to WrestleMania weekend. The only thing that wasn't a brilliant match was Corbin vs Aries but it was still good to watch. Loved the opening tag match, fantastic action at a great pace with lots of twists and turns to the match. Nakamura vs Zayn ... Wow. Anyone who hasn't watched the match needs to watch it immediately. Seriously, stop reading this and go watch it. I thought Asuka vs Bayley was done perfectly and the finish was great although it was hard to get into at first because I was still coming down from the previous match, they could've done with more bumper time in between. The main event was freaking awesome too, Joe and Balor tore the house down.
    Agree with every word, man.

A great show from start to finish. The Nakamura and Zayn bout will take some beating as my favourite of the year. The booking from minute one was just superb - and so right. Having Bayley lose the strap in those circumstances was the right thing to do, and have Joe move on from Balor is the correct decision.

Great entertainment from the NXT brand. Keep it up, WWE.

ReputationRep:
    Wrong thread I know, but are you bothering with Mania tomorrow night? Or just catching up afterwards?
    I legitimately might forget it's on which I've already done a few times, so I put a reminder on my phone so I can put it on in the background just because it would be a pain looking up the Taker match before looking at the results.

I'll have it on the rest of the time just in case there's a big return or debut. I wouldn't want to miss Kurt Angle getting involved in a match or something.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    I legitimately might forget it's on which I've already done a few times, so I put a reminder on my phone so I can put it on in the background just because it would be a pain looking up the Taker match before looking at the results.

I'll have it on the rest of the time just in case there's a big return or debut. I wouldn't want to miss Kurt Angle getting involved in a match or something.
    Cool, cool.

Well, I'll be tuning in, but can't promise I'll be on here all night, so I'll likely just post my thoughts the morning after. I've got work, which is a bit of a shame.

The only match I'm legitimately excited for is Brock Lesnar and Dean Ambrose. The other two high-profile matches - Undertaker and Shane O'Mac, and Triple H and Roman Reigns - intrigue more than excite me.

I'm praying for a Bray Wyatt interference in the Lesnar bout, and a Rock interference in the final match with Reigns turning heel in the process.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with every word, man.

A great show from start to finish. The Nakamura and Zayn bout will take some beating as my favourite of the year. The booking from minute one was just superb - and so right. Having Bayley lose the strap in those circumstances was the right thing to do, and have Joe move on from Balor is the correct decision.

Great entertainment from the NXT brand. Keep it up, WWE.
    That Zayn vs Nakamura match was one of those moments that just made me stand up and go "Damn, this is why I still love pro wrestling". For all the nonsense we have to put up with on a weekly basis occasionally something happens that just gets it so, so right.

WrestleMania weekend has provided a few of those moments over the last decade. Ric Flair's farewell in Orlando, The Undertaker retiring Shawn Michaels in Phoenix, Bruno Sammartino finally coming home, Daniel Bryan's miracle on Bourbon Street, the ending of "The Streak", Jake Roberts induction speech, The DX vs nWo war in Silicon Valley, the induction of Conor Michalek, John Cena facing off with The Rock in Miami, or Ultimate Warrior's final public appearance on WWE Raw. I'd put last nights match up there in that bracket ... another unforgettable, awe inspiring piece of history delivered on the weekend of weekends!

ReputationRep:
    Hope you all have a good WM night - decided while back that I wouldn't book Monday off - card wasn't that appealing but had a change of heart and thought what the hell, but unable to get Monday off. Look forward to reading the results Monday morning for a shock or two.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    That Zayn vs Nakamura match was one of those moments that just made me stand up and go "Damn, this is why I still love pro wrestling". For all the nonsense we have to put up with on a weekly basis occasionally something happens that just gets it so, so right.
    NXT is pro wrestling. WWE is sports entertainment. That's the key difference.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know alot about Nakamura and didn't watch takeover but his theme got uploaded in my subscriptions. Sounds pretty addictive.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing rumours floating about on social media that Shane vs Undertaker will close WrestleMania ... I'm not buying that for one second. Not a chance that Hunter and Roman aren't going on last.

NXT is pro wrestling. WWE is sports entertainment. That's the key difference.
    NXT is kind of a mixture of both IMO, the presentation and theatrical entrances and slick video packages are purely from the WWE's movie making playbook but it seems to mesh well with a more traditional wrestling product.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    NXT is kind of a mixture of both IMO, the presentation and theatrical entrances and slick video packages are purely from the WWE's movie making playbook but it seems to mesh well with a more traditional wrestling product.
    It's got an independent style running all the way through, though. I love NXT. The talent, the promos, the arenas...it just feels like a throwback to ECW, without the hardcore violence.

ReputationRep:
    It's got an independent style running all the way through, though. I love NXT. The talent, the promos, the arenas...it just feels like a throwback to ECW, without the hardcore violence.
    Yeah it does have that ECW feel to it in terms of intensity and aggression. It's the first wrestling product since 1998 on a national level that feels like two guys want to actually kick each others ass rather than stand around yakking about how they're going to. That's refreshing!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it does have that ECW feel to it in terms of intensity and aggression. It's the first wrestling product since 1998 on a national level that feels like two guys want to actually kick each others ass rather than stand around yakking about how they're going to. That's refreshing!
    With Joe moving on up, the possibilities for Balor are endless.

Nakamura, Austin Aries, Baron Corbin...

ReputationRep:
    I havent watched last nights ppv yet but I thought it would make more sense for Joe to win the strap, and Balor to move into the main roster instead? Either way, it would be good to see Joe on RAW but I can't see him above midcard. Bit like AJ styles.
    Speaking of AJ styles, they've really missed potential for a great match. Instead of him fighting Jericho, he really should have fought Dolph Ziggler.

Will be staying up tomorrow and start watching the pre show. It starts at 10 right? Need to figure out some sort of drinking game for it too, Ozzy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Currently watching takeover, great match with Zayn.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Will be staying up tomorrow and start watching the pre show. It starts at 10 right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Midnight, I thought?

ReputationRep:
    Midnight, I thought?
    Midnight is when the actual show starts I'm pretty sure. Pre show is going to be two hours, also it's a 4 hour show so
    10-12 pre show
    12-4 event

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you smelalalalallaalal a heel turn for Reigns(hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    With Joe moving on up, the possibilities for Balor are endless.

Nakamura, Austin Aries, Baron Corbin...
    The thought of Balor vs Nakamura at one of these Takeover shows is something that could be ridiculously insane.

Samoa Joe and AJ Styles both being on the WWE roster is surreal, I hope they keep getting paired with fresh competition and don't end up paired with each other over and over. I know they've had some great matches against each other but it feels like beating a dead horse.

(Original post by AR_95)

Will be staying up tomorrow and start watching the pre show. It starts at 10 right? Need to figure out some sort of drinking game for it too, Ozzy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kickoff starts at 10pm, WrestleMania itself doesn't start until 12 midnight.

Kickoff is always a bunch of idle hype, video packages, waffle and general nothingness and 6 hours is a loooooooong time to sit watching a wrestling show. I'll probably tune in around 11:30.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.