Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    At this rate we'll just hear silence once he wins with the amount of booing that will go on.
    I'm not looking forward to it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Rollins to help HHH

You know it makes sense
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot1000)
    I'm not looking forward to it.
    It's :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing hilarious. I've never seen so much hatred for one guy.

ReputationRep:
    Even without the crowd, this is an AWFUL match so far.

ReputationRep:
    It's :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing hilarious. I've never seen so much hatred for one guy.
    I think Brock Lesnar got some hate the raw after the wrestlemania where he beat the streak.

ReputationRep:
    Either it was my video, or the crowd's volume suddenly shot up when Reigns lifted Triple H up.

i.e. they're definitely muting the crowd.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, there was a cheer.

ReputationRep:
    That was a dubbed cheer! They totally just dubbed a fake cheer at the main event of WrestleMania! A NEW LOW!!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot1000)
    Oh, there was a cheer.
    The pictures tell a different story. Absolutely no way that cheer was what happened in the arena.

ReputationRep:
    I think I can speak for myself that last year's wrestlemania ended better than this year's one.

ReputationRep:
    Still time.for him to turn heel right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The pictures tell a different story. Absolutely no way that cheer was what happened in the arena.
    This just got posted online.

https://streamable.com/t6kc

ReputationRep:
    Stephanie got a Spear! haha!

ReputationRep:
    6/10 show for me. Poor main event but the other matches were all solid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Something I didn't realise at first: they used the ref's mic. I noticed when Steph was in the ring, the audio was coming from the ref (she got loud and clear when she was next to him berating him).

So they were switching between the normal audio and the ref's audio to get rid of the boos. But that dubbed Smackdown cheer at the end, :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing hell...
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    woo woo what? cant believe the IC title ended that way. also annoyed sasha didnt win the wwe women's title but considering how wwe treats legacy stars, its no surprise about charlotte.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    That was probably the weirdest WrestleMania of my lifetime. I'm not saying it was bad, I'm not saying it was great. It was very un-WrestleMania, in many ways, considering the outcome of some matches and the lack of star power.

The latter clearly hampered the card, and the spectacle. It was good to see John Cena return to team up with the Rock and dismiss the Wyatt Family (how good was it seeing the Rock up against Bray?) but once again the Wyatt Family are treated as an afterthought.

I was pretty surprised by how hostile the crowd was at times. Sure, a large percentage of the WWE fanbase haven't taken to Roman Reigns, but WM is usually fair-weather fans and a mixture of corporate companies, families and die-hards. It was a surprise to hear such overt boos.

And what about the results? I have no idea why Sasha Banks isn't the Women's Champion yet (I openly admit that wrestling is sometimes about making the audience wait for what they want, though) and I have no idea why Kevin Owens didn't retain. The only logical step for the latter was to have Sami Zayn win the strap, but Zack Ryder? Sure, it's a feel-good tale, but come on. I like Ryder, but I have no interest in seeing him as as secondary champion and Owens languishing in the midcard without one. I hope this is the start of Owens pushing his way up to the main event.

I was really surprised to see Chris Jericho go over AJ Styles, too. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and see how the two careers' pan out over the next 12 months, but it's fair to predict that AJ will wrestle more for the company this year than Y2J. It would have been great to see him win his first WM bout.

The quality of matches was, on the whole, very good. The IC title ladder match was an excellent start, but I wouldn't have placed Dean Ambrose and Brock Lesnar's street fight that early on the card. They delivered, of course, and the ending was perfection, but they deserved longer I felt. Ambrose deserves a long programme in the main event feud, for sure.

The New Day vs. the League of Nations was a waste of time. The Booty O's entrance was just spectacular and hilarious, but the former had beaten the latter so, so many times. The result was obvious once we realised it wasn't for the Tag Team straps. I loved seeing Austin, Mick Foley and Shawn Michaels making the save.

Another highlight - surprisingly so - was the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. As hilarious as it was to see Shaq come out, the highlight for me was Corbin's victory. I love the guy, he's a monster heel, and the right way to go for the company. I didn't expect him to be pushed onto the main roster so soon, but that's refreshing, and I hope he's featured on RAW tonight.

Shane McMahon's elbow drop from the top of the cage in the Hell in a Cell match was the iconic moment of this WM, and will go down in history. The result was the correct one - and, despite what many may say, so was the result of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship bout.

ReputationRep:
    Not a very enjoyable WM.

ReputationRep:
    xD

https://streamable.com/t6kc

ReputationRep:
    why are fans booing reigns anyway?? seems pretty baseless to me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.