The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Just seen the clip of Shane diving off the top of the cell, I don't really keep up with wrestling much these days but I can safely say that Shane has more balls than 99% of living men. How he keeps walking away from these things after a decade of doing them is just insane.
And to continue what I was saying about conflicting wrestling fans:

Original post by Longshot1000
I didn't like that at all, New day and Nations (pretty good tag teams) finished the match only to be squashed by old timers.

Pretty much none of the new talent got over.

I'm just pointing this out because when I looked at WWE's Facebook page to see comments, one of the top ones I saw was complaining that all the young guys went over the old guys.

These are fans who were moaning about WWE not investing in and pushing new talent.

If I was Vince or HHH reading that I would ignore them too.
I didn't like that at all, New day and Nations (pretty good tag teams) finished the match only to be squashed by old timers.

Pretty much none of the new talent got over.

As someone who doesn't really invest a huge amount of time into wrestling these days, I don't really care that much about New Day et al, so seeming them overshadowed by legends from a time when I watched (maybe not so much Mick Foley) was a joy to behold.
News for Raw tonight... and it's the 4 words you dread... Roman... promo... via satellite...

Anyway, most awkward moment of WM?

AJ Styles being unable to take a Codebreaker properly, twice?

The Snickers ad?

HBK twerking?

Becky being a third wheel who the crowd don't love as much as Sasha and is clearly just there to take the pin/submission?

Sandow gets a massive pop but he's just a body for Shaq to eliminate in the pose-off?

The Rock and his flamethrower?

The Rock pretends he's about to have a match, but it's just a Rock Bottom?

Cena gets an Austin pop in front of a WrestleMania crowd that have spent years trying to tell us they hate him?

Steph's monologue?

The switching between regular audio and the ref's/ring's audio to make the boos sound quieter (+ Steph awkwardly louder)?

HHH and Reigns just getting the match out of the way, they and the commentators ignoring the elephant in the room?

WWE dubbing a Smackdown cheer over the pin of the main event title match at WrestleMania... and it doesn't even sound right?
Rubbish Mania which will be remembered for Shane jumping off the cell and not much else.

Match of the night was the women's triple threat.
Reply 4685
RAW tonight will offer a few swerves, I imagine. We've seen Ziggler cash in, Paige debut, Goldberg debut in the past.

Looking forward to it. I expect we'll see Samoa Joe.
Original post by ozzyoscy
And to continue what I was saying about conflicting wrestling fans:

I'm just pointing this out because when I looked at WWE's Facebook page to see comments, one of the top ones I saw was complaining that all the young guys went over the old guys.

These are fans who were moaning about WWE not investing in and pushing new talent.

If I was Vince or HHH reading that I would ignore them too.

Is it possible you can add me to your ignore list please? Just asking.
Wrestling fans aren't exactly the sharpest. The contradiction is incredible.

Reigns represents the establishment - the guys in charge handpicked this big, tanned guy and pushed him straight to the top regardless of ability or fan feedback.

So, to stick it to The Man, the fans are booing the handpicked guy and cheering for... Triple H, the guy who picked him and is in charge...

HHH didnt and doesnt pick Roman or anyone elses push. He cant exactly make anything happen, without Creative going over it and Vince approving it
which is your favorite wrestler/??
Original post by sfaraj
which is your favorite wrestler/??

I've never told anyone but I like Kane.
Is it possible you can add me to your ignore list please? Just asking.

I don't know why you're asking, but don't be weird.

Original post by heavyhandscott
HHH didnt and doesnt pick Roman or anyone elses push. He cant exactly make anything happen, without Creative going over it and Vince approving it

How is Triple H NOT a member or representation of the establishment?
I don't know why you're asking, but don't be weird.

That word's lost all meaning to me.
I've never told anyone but I like Kane.

ahh hes somewhere at the back of my head but i cant locate his face. idk bout mine, roman is good, big show is a cutie. john cena is like common
Original post by sfaraj
ahh hes somewhere at the back of my head but i cant locate his face. idk bout mine, roman is good, big show is a cutie. john cena is like common

Big guy dressed in red and wears a mask.

"big show is a cutie."

Is he also a pg legend and a skinny high flyer?
Big guy dressed in red and wears a mask.

"big show is a cutie."

Is he also a pg legend and a skinny high flyer?

:') :') ahaha no i just remember watching a throwback video of big show and he was dressed up and santa claus and i felt so sorry for him, like my heart broke that he was being used like that, he just looked so sad and done therefore he is a cutie

oh noow i remember kane, would you say him and the undertaker would be squad goals or nah?/
Original post by sfaraj
:':wink: :':wink: ahaha no i just remember watching a throwback video of big show and he was dressed up and santa claus and i felt so sorry for him, like my heart broke that he was being used like that, he just looked so sad and done therefore he is a cutie

oh noow i remember kane, would you say him and the undertaker would be squad goals or nah?/

That's a meme right? Erm, I know kane is probably one of the best tag team partners to be with. Look what happened with him and Daniel Bryan.
That's a meme right? Erm, I know kane is probably one of the best tag team partners to be with. Look what happened with him and Daniel Bryan.

its cos kane and undertaker are both dark and stuff, as for Big Show, no no meme, just video
but don't be weird.

Actually, too late.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/cool3dworld/videos/1712992605585302/[/video]
Reply 4698
Seems logical to have Chris Jericho go after Zack Ryder and the IC title now, if he's sticking around.
I imagine this will be my final contribution to this thread before I disappear and occasionally lurk:

Why is Undertaker still going, like what's he got to gain? He was probably my favourite superstar about 10 years ago, but I feel he should have called it a day win Lesnar ended the streak.

Quick Reply

Latest