Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Rocky Mavia

ReputationRep:
    Predictable af.

ReputationRep:
    Where the **** is Axel

ReputationRep:
    For the second year in a row, rumble winner gets booed.

ReputationRep:
    even rock couldnt save him

ReputationRep:
    Vince, HHH, whoever, won't learn from their mistakes. Any other company, like we see with TNA, they'd be killing themselves. But they're rich, they're booking for themselves. They don't get how this works. This is why they'll never get my money.

Booing PPVs, silent WrestleMania main events. WWE is definitely dead. Why do you guys still watch this? It's like WCW now.

ReputationRep:
    still time for sting

ReputationRep:
    WWE's plan failed. Reigns still got booed.

ReputationRep:
    Pls let Brock come out and destroy these two

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me a quick explanation as to why the winner is being booed? Even past heels got cheered when they won, is this something behind the scenes or..?

ReputationRep:
    This is embarrassing. Rocky can't even salvage the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Can someone give me a quick explanation as to why the winner is being booed? Even past heels got cheered when they won, is this something behind the scenes or..?
    Partly because the fans aren't fussed about Reigns any more, his time came and went, but they've pushed him to higher than he should. This is just what happens when you book whoever rather than keep your finger on the pulse of what makes money and the fans happy.

The other part is just how the match went, the psychology of it and how it works the crowd. They inadvertently booked the entrants and eliminations in an order that would get the most boos, thinking it'd be cheered.

ReputationRep:
    There was so much promise in that Rumble match. Vince is more stubborn than LvG. 3-5-2 = big muscly guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Partly because the fans aren't fussed about Reigns any more, his time came and went, but they've pushed him to higher than he should. This is just what happens when you book whoever rather than keep your finger on the pulse of what makes money and the fans happy.

The other part is just how the match went, the psychology of it and how it works the crowd. They inadvertently booked the entrants and eliminations in an order that would get the most boos, thinking it'd be cheered.
    Thanks As soon as the goat like bloke, Bryan, got eliminated the crowd and even the commentary team just ran out of stuff to talk about and began to reminisce about old times. And then the Kane and Big Show set up, how bloody boring. The same set pieces since 2005, just without the superstars to mask the stale nature of it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Thanks As soon as the goat like bloke, Bryan, got eliminated the crowd and even the commentary team just ran out of stuff to talk about and began to reminisce about old times. And then the Kane and Big Show set up, how bloody boring. The same set pieces since 2005, just without the superstars to mask the stale nature of it now.
    If you look at the entrants, WWE have a ton of stars, but WWE won't let them be stars. There's a lot of guys who would be believable World champs. Of the entrants, Bray Wyatt, Daniel Bryan, Ryback, Barrett, Cesaro and Ziggler could all win the title tomorrow and fans would believe it, but Vince, HHH and Steph wouldn't. They're too small, or too friendly backstage, or too foreign, or, get this, too popular with the fans.

ReputationRep:
    And the gifs and Tweets begin.

https://twitter.com/AndiTakata/statu...57223186067458

and

"Ever wonder what would have happened if Lex Luger got the ball instead of Bret Hart? You're about to find out."

ReputationRep:
    Man I slept around the time the 24th guy came ffs.

ReputationRep:
    man rock looks old.now/

What a terrible rumble, simply one of the worst PPVs WWE have put out. Just dire, And the crowd reaction to Bryans elimination......that just killed it completely
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Terrible, terrible Rumble.

It's actually getting better reviews than I thought - which is shocking. I thought it would be panned by the critics.

The triple threat match was great - don't think it was overkill. Booked so well. Rollins is legit the best heel in the company, he's an absolute ****ing star, and the thing is, when he eventually turns face and goes back to his high flying Shield antics, he'll become even greater in the eyes of the fans. He went toe-to-toe with two of the biggest stars in WWE history and held his own. What a year he has had.

Lesnar is a machine. He's such a better WWE superstar than UFC fighter. He shouldn't go anywhere if he's sensible.

Reigns winning the Rumble was just totally underwhelming, and sadly inevitable. I watch WWE still because I always think it'll learn its lesson - but it never does. I'm like a beaten up wife going back to their drunk husband FFS.

Bryan going so early was just nonsensical, and the final four was SUCH a poor booking decision. Glad that Rusev/Wyatt had strong showings and are in for big years - and the Rock's return was sensible to be paired off against Rusev, considering his next logical feud will probably be Cena at Mania.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Was it almost as bad as WM30?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.