• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Chyna and Prince in the same day eh
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    SmackDown spoilers for this week:

Spoiler:
    Show

- WWE world heavyweight champion Roman Reigns joined intercontinental champion The Miz and Maryse for Miz TV. The talk show host tried to attack Reigns, leading to him being tossed out of the ring and the eventual main event match between the two.
    - WWE United States champion Kalisto, Sami Zayn and Cesaro def. The League of Nations by count-out when Alberto Del Rio and Rusev walked out on Sheamus.
    - Baron Corbin def. Damien Sandow.
    - Charlotte and Ric Flair joined Dean Ambrose for The Ambrose Asylum. The promo, which included back-and-forth barbs, was said to be "very entertaining."
    - Enzo Amore and Big Cass def. The Social Outcasts. The New Day sat in on commentary while The Vaudevillains made their presence felt at ringside.
    - Apollo Crews def. Stardust.
    - When Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson attacked, Roman Reigns def. The Miz via disqualification. The Usos and AJ Styles all got involved to close out the show.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thread's gone pretty quiet, but who caught RAW this week?

The opening segment was decent - but it makes no sense. Apparently, Vince will decide at Payback who will control RAW. So, WM32 - and the match between Shane and Undertaker - was utterly superfluous? I expect that we'll see a match at MITB or something, with Stephanie choosing a superstar (or Triple H) to fight either Shane, or Shane's choice of star, for control of the show.

That could be a clever angle, especially if Shane picks an NXT call-up. Imagine Triple H vs Apollo Crews, or Sheamus vs Apollo Crews, or something.

Anyway, the show itself was unremarkable. AJ Styles is fast becoming my favourite wrestler to watch on the roster. He's such an experienced hand in the ring, and it's becoming clear the company can't turn him heel, because the fans won't buy it. Anderson/Gallows - who were again effective in their match and segments - need to be aligned with either Roman Reigns or a heel AJ Styles.

Rusev looked the best he has in months against Sami Zayn, and hopefully him with Lana at ring-side spells an end to the League of Nations. It was good to see Zayn get the win after some close calls recently. I don't want him to become a new Neville. He deserves to trade wins with Owens, because the pair of them have the potential to be main event players for the next five or so years together. It could be a long-running thing, with face and heel turns galore, akin to Shawn Michaels/Triple H during the 2000s.

The tag team division is becoming crowded - but we saw more personality from the Vaudevillians. They aren't the right choice to relinquish the New Day of the belts, but I have a feeling it'll happen. Enzo and Cass are set for a programme with the Dudleyz, so expect the heels to go over this weekend.

I was so impressed with Chris Jericho, again. His heel run is the best he's looked since the early-00s. He and Ambrose will set the PPV on fire, I'm sure.

Not much else to say apart from that, really. Reigns shouldn't be a face, Apollo Crews needs a meaningful feud, and Cesaro needs to drop the goofiness and have his talking limited, but I hope he gets a secondary title soon.

ReputationRep:
    Apollo Crews will be jobbing soon enough.

I like Styles take on the superman punch but he just shouldn't be in the main event, as great of a wrestler he is. There's just no charisma. Reigns really needs to turn heel too, I imagine it to happen at MITB or Slam though.

What I'd love to see is Rollins return for MITB, almost win it then Reigns costs him the match to set up a feud. He'd have to drop the strap early though so won't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Apollo Crews will be jobbing soon enough.

I like Styles take on the superman punch but he just shouldn't be in the main event, as great of a wrestler he is. There's just no charisma. Reigns really needs to turn heel too, I imagine it to happen at MITB or Slam though.
    This is the thing with Apollo. In six months, he'll be in a three-man tag team on RAW with Goldust and R-Truth ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Thread's gone pretty quiet, but who caught RAW this week?

The opening segment was decent - but it makes no sense. Apparently, Vince will decide at Payback who will control RAW. So, WM32 - and the match between Shane and Undertaker - was utterly superfluous? I expect that we'll see a match at MITB or something, with Stephanie choosing a superstar (or Triple H) to fight either Shane, or Shane's choice of star, for control of the show.

That could be a clever angle, especially if Shane picks an NXT call-up. Imagine Triple H vs Apollo Crews, or Sheamus vs Apollo Crews, or something.

Anyway, the show itself was unremarkable. AJ Styles is fast becoming my favourite wrestler to watch on the roster. He's such an experienced hand in the ring, and it's becoming clear the company can't turn him heel, because the fans won't buy it. Anderson/Gallows - who were again effective in their match and segments - need to be aligned with either Roman Reigns or a heel AJ Styles.

Rusev looked the best he has in months against Sami Zayn, and hopefully him with Lana at ring-side spells an end to the League of Nations. It was good to see Zayn get the win after some close calls recently. I don't want him to become a new Neville. He deserves to trade wins with Owens, because the pair of them have the potential to be main event players for the next five or so years together. It could be a long-running thing, with face and heel turns galore, akin to Shawn Michaels/Triple H during the 2000s.

The tag team division is becoming crowded - but we saw more personality from the Vaudevillians. They aren't the right choice to relinquish the New Day of the belts, but I have a feeling it'll happen. Enzo and Cass are set for a programme with the Dudleyz, so expect the heels to go over this weekend.

I was so impressed with Chris Jericho, again. His heel run is the best he's looked since the early-00s. He and Ambrose will set the PPV on fire, I'm sure.

Not much else to say apart from that, really. Reigns shouldn't be a face, Apollo Crews needs a meaningful feud, and Cesaro needs to drop the goofiness and have his talking limited, but I hope he gets a secondary title soon.
    I expect we'll see Shane vs HHH at SummerSlam for control of Monday Night RAW. We should've got this at WrestleMania to be honest, so the announcement on Payback will likely be some sort of storyline where they alternate weeks, or it's given back to Steph and Hunter but Shane goads him into putting it on the line at SummerSlam (could there be a brand split even?).

I can see Anderson and Gallows screwing Styles over, possibly with Finn Balor revealing himself as their leader. It's a good way to introduce him directly into the main event scene and gives AJ a storyline to take him through the summer. It'll be interesting to see who's lined up as Reigns next challenger though, there's not really many credible ones around and I doubt WWE will want to waste a Dean Ambrose feud on C grade PPV's. I can see it being someone like Jericho.

I feel like they dropped the ball with Zayn vs Owens. What should've happened is a one vs one feud straight after the Royal Rumble. Owens destroys Zayn at FastLane, Sami wins the IC title off him in a feel good moment at WM, giving him a solid platform with the title and catapulting Owens into the championship picture. Now we're getting the match at a PPV nobody cares about, and it'll either be over or dry by the time we reach the stage where it deserves to be held on (SummerSlam).

Rollins should return and win MITB for me. Give Ambrose the Royal Rumble win, and there's your Shield main event for WM33. I think we'll get Cena winning the belt at SummerSlam anyway, potentially dropping it back to Reigns at the RR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rEaR vIeW)
    I expect we'll see Shane vs HHH at SummerSlam for control of Monday Night RAW. We should've got this at WrestleMania to be honest, so the announcement on Payback will likely be some sort of storyline where they alternate weeks, or it's given back to Steph and Hunter but Shane goads him into putting it on the line at SummerSlam (could there be a brand split even?).

I can see Anderson and Gallows screwing Styles over, possibly with Finn Balor revealing himself as their leader. It's a good way to introduce him directly into the main event scene and gives AJ a storyline to take him through the summer. It'll be interesting to see who's lined up as Reigns next challenger though, there's not really many credible ones around and I doubt WWE will want to waste a Dean Ambrose feud on C grade PPV's. I can see it being someone like Jericho.

I feel like they dropped the ball with Zayn vs Owens. What should've happened is a one vs one feud straight after the Royal Rumble. Owens destroys Zayn at FastLane, Sami wins the IC title off him in a feel good moment at WM, giving him a solid platform with the title and catapulting Owens into the championship picture. Now we're getting the match at a PPV nobody cares about, and it'll either be over or dry by the time we reach the stage where it deserves to be held on (SummerSlam).

Rollins should return and win MITB for me. Give Ambrose the Royal Rumble win, and there's your Shield main event for WM33. I think we'll get Cena winning the belt at SummerSlam anyway, potentially dropping it back to Reigns at the RR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you answer your own question there, pal. Reigns' next challenger will be the returning Cena, who is back at the end of the month.

That makes sense - and Cena's return can't come quickly enough.

I love the plethora of new talent on the roster, but Cena needs to return. He's a marquee star, he shifts tickets and gets bums on seats, and just by working with him, people get over.

As for Rollins? Get him back as a baby face as quickly as possible, and get him feuding with a heel Reigns.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if Batista is ever coming back to WWE.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot6000)
    I wonder if Batista is ever coming back to WWE.
    Not while he keeps getting film roles. The company didn't even know how to book him last time..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So Payback:

- Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    - Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho
    - Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens
    - Charlotte (with Ric Flair) vs. Natalya (with Bret Hart) for the WWE Women's Championship[22]
    - Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs. The Vaudevillains (Aiden English and Simon Gotch) to determine the #1 contender for the WWE Tag Team Championships
    - Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin
    - The Miz (with Maryse) vs. Cesaro for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
    - Kalisto vs. Ryback for the WWE United States Championship

Predictions: Reigns, Jericho, Owens, Charlotte, The Vaudevillains, Corbin, Miz, Ryback.

Jericho-Ambrose and Owens-Zayn are the tougher calls, but I expect we'll see heel victories and then re-matches at Extreme Rules.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished The Wrestling book by Simon Garfield. The story on British wrestling.

I'd never watched as it was before my time but even then I'd heard about the larger than life characters like Big Daddy/Haystacks but this book touches on some of the others like Mick McManus and Jackie Pallo (who kinda reminded me of Ric Flair with how big his ego seems) but it's written in a way that lets the wrestlers talk about their stories and what it was like although still, didn't get the full explicit way of whether it was scripted to the extent wrestling is now or whether it was bit loose in that regards.

Worth a read if anyone has chance.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't even know Payback was on today, well tommorow.

ReputationRep:
    Here's all I know/assume:

- AJ is challenging Roman

- Two of Bullet Club have debuted, and they're probably teasing a reunion with AJ

- There is a thing called 'Balor Club' involving a guy called Finn Balor

- The Payback card

Now I will predict, with near zero knowledge, not only the main event but the upcoming month.

Bullet Club screw AJ out of a win (because, er, awkward thing to mention, but they already kicked him out), but that might make Roman look weak so he may just win clean and then Bullet Club **** him up outside the match. AJ feuds with Balor Club and that's him out of the main event picture. If Roman wins clean then they can certainly keep the 'will they/won't they' going before properly turning on Styles and revealing Finn was pulling the strings all along.

If the Owens/Zayn feud ends at Payback, Owens will beat Ambrose (after he beat Jericho the night before) in a #1 contender match on Raw.

If Owens/Zayn feud is going to continue, Zayn wins at Payback, maybe even goes for Roman's title, but Owens messes him about then eventually beats him to end the feud. Then he can challenge Roman and lose.

So if that happens, you can officially call WWE predictable as ****.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    WWE hates re-hashing names, angles, storylines from other companies or the indies. Don't expect a carbon copy of the Bullet Club in WWE.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Will be checking the Payback results as soon as I wake up. I rarely actually watch WWE tbh, but I keep my ear to the streets and I'm very intrigued as to whether or not they give AJ the title. Highly doubt that they will (and if they do then it's not gonna be a clean win), but you never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neverdie)
    Mods being slow to ban Longshot this time around, might have to resort to hurting his feelings.
    Do you feel better about yourself now? Stop bullying.

ReputationRep:
    Damn Enzo off that rope though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot6000)
    Do you feel better about yourself now? Stop bullying.
    You're banned, you shouldn't be on this site, how is reporting a banned person bullying? You're not welcome here obviously otherwise you wouldn't be banned.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.