Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Can't be serious, surely??? He gets some of the biggest pops out of the entire roster. He might not have the greatest of mic skills - hey, some of the superstars who are universally considered to be the most charismatic in wrestling history never had great mic skills (Sting for example) - but he's hugely over and one of the greatest performers in the business. Speaks volumes when a guy isn't a great talker but is still so immensely popular with the crowd.
    Whereas Reigns is seemingly being pushed as the next face of the company and a main eventer, even though it's clear he has the charisma of a plank of wood and maybe very slightly above average in-ring ability. If anything, Reigns doesn't deserve to be in a main event with AJ, but Vince gon' Vince.
    How much of a pop he gets can change at any time. Remember Reigns a few years back? People said the same thing about him not having the greatest mic skills either. Major reason why he gets a huge pop is because of his history with TNA. Don't get me wrong, he's a great performer.
    But I just don't see him working with the strap however, and ever since the feud was announced I've just lost interest in the strap.
    Also bear in mind fans love to always cheer the under dog. I don't want repeat of the Daniel Bryan situation either.

What's happening with Reigns isn't entirely his fault. Yes he's lacking charisma but he thrived in the role of playing the mean brute who didn't speak much, and if WWE just left it at that instead of turning him into Superman he'd be more over. Plus he has no hand in the awful booking he's been put through. This is why I support him despite the boos and can't wait for WWE to turn him heel, in which he'll thrive again.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna know what they're doing with Sasha Banks.

Also,

https://gfycat.com/MedicalFailingArachnid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    How much of a pop he gets can change at any time. Remember Reigns a few years back? People said the same thing about him not having the greatest mic skills either. Major reason why he gets a huge pop is because of his history with TNA. Don't get me wrong, he's a great performer.
    But I just don't see him working with the strap however, and ever since the feud was announced I've just lost interest in the strap.
    Also bear in mind fans love to always cheer the under dog. I don't want repeat of the Daniel Bryan situation either.

What's happening with Reigns isn't entirely his fault. Yes he's lacking charisma but he thrived in the role of playing the mean brute who didn't speak much, and if WWE just left it at that instead of turning him into Superman he'd be more over. Plus he has no hand in the awful booking he's been put through. This is why I support him despite the boos and can't wait for WWE to turn him heel, in which he'll thrive again.
    Thing is, AJ has slways been popular. Be it in ROH, TNA, wherever else he's been or now WWE. He gets over as a face or as a heel, as a challenger or as the title holder. We've seen too that he gets over as a cocky heel very well. He's just got that IT factor. Reigns doesn't have that. He was good in his role in the Shield, but he's not a main eventer, pretty much everyone can see it apart from Vince and the bookers. People just aren't buying it. He's just mediocre. Not quite charismatic enough to pull off what he's currently being booked as, not quite big or mean or powerful enough to pull off the monsterous brute role, though I do agree that he'd get over as a heel more than he would a face for sure.

I also don't think it's correct to say AJ's coming in as an underdog. He came into WWE as a reknowned performer and is rightly being sold as such. Certainly nowhere even close to a Bryan situation where the crowd are getting behind the (metaphorically) little guy, much more a "We've acquired a huge star, he can go against the best and he's a good guy" scenario.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He thrived during the Sheamus run with the strap, mainly because Sheamus was such a dud and the fans didn't want him in the main event picture.

He'd be more over he stayed on that path - destructive and silent and a badass.

ReputationRep:
    Reigns is definitely a main-eventer. The issue nowadays is WWE's insistence on a face of the company, someone who's on all the posters and elevated far above anyone on the roster. The superhuman booking of Roman goes against what I think people liked about the Shield, they were always up for a fight, and would suffer beatings but still come back for more. Nobody likes the fact that Reigns ends segments on top, or that it never looks like he'll lose unless it's against Cena or Lesnar. The main event scene should consist of Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins, Cena, Lesnar, Orton and have Cesaro, AJ, KO floating between the upper mid-card and the main event. I'm personally not a fan of the longer title runs anyway (not that they should change hands regularly, but the fact we all know Reigns ain't dropping until at least SummerSlam means I've got no reason to watch until around Money in the Bank), and nobody would hate on Reigns.

Having said that, the smarks who boo him anyway are awkward acne-ridden neckbeard virgins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot6000)
    More emotional manipulation, you're trying to brainwash people that they're crazy because they see you for what you are, a dirty bully
    You think this is what a normal person would say? I'm not trying anything, look at the things you're saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neverdie)
    You think this is what a normal person would say? I'm not trying anything, look at the things you're saying.
    Most normal people don't know this and should, the world would become a better place.

ReputationRep:
    Gee I wonder why Longshot was banned. If only there was some sort of clue!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Gee I wonder why Longshot was banned. If only there was some sort of clue!
    This is coming from a bully that should've been banned a very long time ago.

I probably got banned for bumping an old thread or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    x
    Thoughts on what has just transpired between Longshot and Neverdie

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you think everyone who ever talks to you is a bully. You're ****ed up is all.
    Cheap emotional manipulation.

"I can't correct my own abusive crappy personality so I'm gonna tell the victim he's mentally unstable."

Yeah, nice try. Go find someone else to attack to make yourself feel better.

Actually the only 2 people that talk to me that seem like bullies are you and neverdie which I'm starting to think are the same person.

ReputationRep:
    If you wanna continue this debate, PM me. Don't wanna keep clogging a wrestling thread with my anti bullying agenda.

ReputationRep:
    Cheap emotional manipulation.
    Oh dear, here we go. Get your banned virgin ass outta here already.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, here we go. Get your banned virgin ass outta here already.
    Oh my dear little jackass, you think virgin is an insult?

Some people have trouble getting laid, that's fine, some people find it easy to get laid, that's fine, some people don't even wanna get laid, that's fine. It's all fine.

But how much of an insecure pile of sh*t, piss and cancer do you have to be to use that against someone.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Jericho confirms the end of his current WWE run after the defeat to Dean Ambrose.

A real shame.

Need WWE to have a really good feud lined up for Dean. Personally, I wouldn't mind him aligning with Shane O'Mac as a proxy vs Triple H (w/Stephanie) throughout summer in a bid for control of WWE.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my dear little jackass, you think virgin is an insult?

Some people have trouble getting laid, that's fine, some people find it easy to get laid, that's fine, some people don't even wanna get laid, that's fine. It's all fine.

But how much of an insecure pile of sh*t, piss and cancer do you have to be to use that against someone.
    I'm sure this reply is witty, friendly and not self-deprecating at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Jericho confirms the end of his current WWE run after the defeat to Dean Ambrose.

A real shame.

Need WWE to have a really good feud lined up for Dean. Personally, I wouldn't mind him aligning with Shane O'Mac as a proxy vs Triple H (w/Stephanie) throughout summer in a bid for control of WWE.
    Why on earth would they have him leave on a tantrum. He's a legend, I wish they'd give him a proper send off.

(Original post by rEaR vIeW)
    Thoughts on what has just transpired between Longshot and Neverdie

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Didn't read after the first 2 or 3 posts. Both have too much time on their hands though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Didn't read after the first 2 or 3 posts. Both have too much time on their hands though.
    You have over 10,000 posts on a forum, to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure this reply is witty, friendly and not self-deprecating at all.
    Self deprecating? What an idiot.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Why on earth would they have him leave on a tantrum. He's a legend, I wish they'd give him a proper send off.
    Really does seem a shame to let his current run peter out with a whimper. Plenty of babyfaces fresh on the roster - Zayn, Crews, even Kalisto, Ziggler et al - could get over working alongside Jericho.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.