Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot6000)
    Self deprecating? What an idiot.
    I like that, after long-winded psychoanalysis replies, your only response to this is "idiot" because you don't understand the big word I used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    You have over 10,000 posts on a forum, to be fair.
    And you have 9143 posts on a forum, what's your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Someone with over 10,000 posts on a forum, 3,333 a year, is in no position to say someone has too much time on their hands. 'Cause then they can just point to that, y'know?
    If you say so :dontknow:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Enzo definitely not appearing on RAW tonight.

Meanwhile, Cody Rhodes has been tweeting/using social media as Cody again, rather than the Stardust gimmick. Hopefully that's a sign he's soon dropping the face paint shtick.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder where Shelton Benjamin ever went. Just saw his 5 star match with Shawn Michaels which is 11 years old today where Shawn reversed Sheltons springboard attack with his finisher.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So, Jericho's not leaving then.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed Payback, but I felt RAW was a step back in truth.

I'm really excited by the Intercontinental Championship angle. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens, despite deserving their own headline programme, deserve to be in the hunt for gold. Having superstars like those two - and Cesaro - challenging for secondary championships automatically validates the likes of the IC and US strap.

Cesaro and Owens' match was impeccable, and the four athletes will work well together. The Miz is the ideal heel for the role - because the fans don't buy him being as good in the ring as the other three, who are all phenomenal. Hence, we'll see the Miz scheme with Maryse by his side - and the dynamic of the quartet will be great going forward.

I really enjoyed Big Cass getting the win in the eight man tag-team match, too, but aside from that, there were missteps galore. I don't know why we're seeing R-Truth and Goldust wrestle on RAW. It's a waste of time, and Fandango/Tyler Breeze's inclusion did nothing to improve that match or angle.

I am pleased Jericho is still around, but I don't feel he and Dean Ambrose have anywhere else to go. Dean needed the victory - and he got it. Let that be the end of it, and allow Jericho to move on to feud with somebody who is need of a lift up.

Aside from that, Rusev getting the No. 1 contender's spot for the US title was refreshing because he's in need of a push. Him winning the gold from Kalisto and feuding with a returning John Cena will be great - but where does this leave Ryback? He's off WWE programming for the forseeable, according to reports, after a contractual dispute.

The Stephanie and Shane McMahon angle is obviously going to run and run - and I've made my views clear. I want to see both of them have a proxy (Triple H and a babyface in need of getting over, hopefully) in a match at SummerSlam for control of the company.

Roman Reigns continues to display tweener tactics, and the Usos' ambush of AJ Styles post-match seemed to nod towards a potential heel turn for the entire trio. That will be some statement from WWE, if it happens. I never imagined the twins as heels.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    SmackDown spoilers for this week:

Spoiler:
    Show

- Chris Jericho kicked off the show with The Highlight Reel. His guest Sami Zayn, was interrupted by intercontinental champion The Miz and Maryse. They argued before Jericho walked off in disgust and a match was booked between the duo.
    - Sami Zayn def. The Miz by disqualification when Kevin Owens interfered. Cesaro made the save and cleared the ring before staring the IC champion down.
    - Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows approached AJ Styles backstage and told him, in order to beat Roman Reigns, he has to become more extreme.
    - The Vaudevillains def. Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas. After the match, Big Cass came to the ring to confront Aiden English and Simon Gotch. He cleared the ring and even dropped Axel with a powerbomb.
    - Natalya and Becky Lynch def. Emma and Charlotte.
    - Rusev def. Zack Ryder. After the match, Kalisto hit the ring and caught The Bulgarian Brute with a corkscrew forearm.
    - A backstage segment involving Goldust, R-Truth, Fandango and Tyler Breeze aired.
    - Darren Young approached Bob Backlund backstage, asking him to be his mentor. The Hall of Famer promised to "make Darren great again."
    - Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. The Usos ended in a disqualification when Roman Reigns and AJ Styles interfered.
    - Roman Reigns and The Usos def. AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    SmackDown spoilers for this week:

Spoiler:
    Show

- Chris Jericho kicked off the show with The Highlight Reel. His guest Sami Zayn, was interrupted by intercontinental champion The Miz and Maryse. They argued before Jericho walked off in disgust and a match was booked between the duo.
    - Sami Zayn def. The Miz by disqualification when Kevin Owens interfered. Cesaro made the save and cleared the ring before staring the IC champion down.
    - Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows approached AJ Styles backstage and told him, in order to beat Roman Reigns, he has to become more extreme.
    - The Vaudevillains def. Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas. After the match, Big Cass came to the ring to confront Aiden English and Simon Gotch. He cleared the ring and even dropped Axel with a powerbomb.
    - Natalya and Becky Lynch def. Emma and Charlotte.
    - Rusev def. Zack Ryder. After the match, Kalisto hit the ring and caught The Bulgarian Brute with a corkscrew forearm.
    - A backstage segment involving Goldust, R-Truth, Fandango and Tyler Breeze aired.
    - Darren Young approached Bob Backlund backstage, asking him to be his mentor. The Hall of Famer promised to "make Darren great again."
    - Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. The Usos ended in a disqualification when Roman Reigns and AJ Styles interfered.
    - Roman Reigns and The Usos def. AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows.
    Lesnar vs Reigns or Cena vs Reigns to headline SummerSlam? I wouldn't mind the latter, with Taker making some sort of appearance to cost him the title and set up a Mania match.

Btw, Cena has been in every WWE Title match at SummerSlam since 2009, bar one year where he was in that elimination match against the Nexus. WTF. He also competed for it in 2005, 2006 and 2007, facing Batista in 2008.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rEaR vIeW)
    Lesnar vs Reigns or Cena vs Reigns to headline SummerSlam? I wouldn't mind the latter, with Taker making some sort of appearance to cost him the title and set up a Mania match.

Btw, Cena has been in every WWE Title match at SummerSlam since 2009, bar one year where he was in that elimination match against the Nexus. WTF. He also competed for it in 2005, 2006 and 2007, facing Batista in 2008.
    I wouldn't mind that, either.

I think Cena will be preoccupied with Rusev upon his return. That seems to be the narrative being peddled out at the minute. I expect the US Championship to change hands at Extreme Rules. Rusev is in need of being booked solidly, and a return to his feud with Cena will be a great way to introduce Cena back into the roster without him eclipsing a new superstar, or failing to put over one of the newer NXT graduates.

Anybody catch SmackDown last night? Man, Jericho is on fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I wouldn't mind that, either.

I think Cena will be preoccupied with Rusev upon his return. That seems to be the narrative being peddled out at the minute. I expect the US Championship to change hands at Extreme Rules. Rusev is in need of being booked solidly, and a return to his feud with Cena will be a great way to introduce Cena back into the roster without him eclipsing a new superstar, or failing to put over one of the newer NXT graduates.
    They look like they might go this way but I can't see how they'd freshen up the feud. Rusev at his most dangerous lost to Cena 3 times in a row, and he's been booked like a chump in the year between. It wouldn't be believable for him to take on and defeat Cena, at least not without a good 3-4 months momentum. Plus, it'd be a waste of Cena's return, I think he has to return to the main event to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rEaR vIeW)
    They look like they might go this way but I can't see how they'd freshen up the feud. Rusev at his most dangerous lost to Cena 3 times in a row, and he's been booked like a chump in the year between. It wouldn't be believable for him to take on and defeat Cena, at least not without a good 3-4 months momentum. Plus, it'd be a waste of Cena's return, I think he has to return to the main event to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think they want Cena to elevate the secondary titles, though, and from that angle it makes sense.

Admittedly, once Reigns is done with AJ, there's a scarcity of challengers. Maybe a returning Orton, or Rollins, if they are back quick enough.

I don't think we'll see a Cena/Reigns programme until WM season.

ReputationRep:
    WWE has released several wrestlers and talent today.

Wrestlers Released:

Hornswoggle

Alex Riley

El Torito

Cameron

Santino Marella

Wade Barrett

Damien Sandow

Other Talent Released

Zeb Colter

Source: WWE.com
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yep, just confirmed. We all knew about Barrett, and there aren't any surprises on that list, but the company really dropped the ball with Sandow.

From WWE: "WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstars Damien Sandow, King Barrett, Santino Marella, Cameron, Hornswoggle, Alex Riley, El Torito and Zeb Colter as of today, Friday, May 6, 2016."

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's going on about Sadiq Khan and I'm just down because Hornswoggle got released.

ReputationRep:
    Shame Bad News Barrett wasn't fully maximized when he was getting A reaction then they kill it off and, ultimately, kill off the guy's WWE career.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shame about Sandow too.. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Shame Bad News Barrett wasn't fully maximized when he was getting A reaction then they kill it off and, ultimately, kill off the guy's WWE career.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And he went while in the League of Nations.

What a way to go.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I think Barrett wanted to go, in fairness. He says he's going to "expand his horizons" - he's 35 now, after all.

Sandow is a real shame. He could've easily been a mid-carder of Ryback level, competing for secondary championships, had things transpired differently.

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.