Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Cody Rhodes released by WWE after asking for his contract termination.

ReputationRep:
    Are all matches at Extreme Rules fought under extreme rules or? Haven't watched WWE in ages tbh but I've got the Network now, originally just to start reworking my way through WCW and ECW again but I might give the PPV a watch since it's included.

ReputationRep:
    First time I'm watching a live PPV since the WWF vs Alliance finale at Survivor Series 2001

I call The Club screwing over AJ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    First time I'm watching a live PPV since the WWF vs Alliance finale at Survivor Series 2001

I call The Club screwing over AJ.
    Even better ending to be fair. Rollins return was brilliant, but I hope they're not gonna keep Roman damn face and try get Rollins over as a heel now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Even better ending to be fair. Rollins return was brilliant, but I hope they're not gonna keep Roman damn face and try get Rollins over as a heel now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ugh but why why why doesn't AJ get a run Great to see Seth back but it's just unfortunate timing for AJ I guess, WWE obviously wants a Reigns vs Seth feud over the title. I give up all hope for the WWE writing team if they try and book Reigns as the face :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    He's back! Get in. Seth Rollins, that's what I call a pop.

His return has really excited me, and his return as a babyface will cement his place as the star of the company in my view. We know that he can be a killer heel, but as a babyface, he'll allow Reigns to turn heel and this programme and feud can just run through summer.

The main event was exceptional, and gives WWE the chance to freshen up the main event scene now, as well as give AJ Styles some character development and allow him to capitalise on his frustration, perhaps leading to a feud with The Club.

The intercontinental match was great, too. It is absolutely the right decision to keep the strap on The Miz. He has shown he is a decent in-ring worker in recent weeks, and has come on leaps and bounds. The match gave us plenty of high spots, which isn't surprising given the quality the quartet have served up on both RAW and SmackDown in recent weeks. This feud can now be extended because the Miz retained.

There were plenty of negatives on the show. Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin shouldn't have been a No DQ match, because weapons weren't utilised, and the length of the bout hurt it. Corbin should have gone over quicker. Dean Ambrose and Chris Jericho served up a disappointing point that was bordering on the silly, too. Ambrose needed a more decisive win to rebound from the disappointment of his WM32 clash with Brock Lesnar.

It's great to see Rusev win the US Championship, though. With John Cena set to return, the secondary championships look taken care of because that duo should definitely feud for the US strap. The New Day deserve the tag team championships a little while longer, too. So I'm glad they retained. The Vaudevillians are impressing me, though. They just need to wind the crowd up a bit more, draw some
    more heat, and they'll get a title run ahead of Enzo's return from injury. WWE is being smart to keep Big Cass prominent on our screens - and they're booking him strongly, suggesting they believe in him.

ReputationRep:
    Also that ending to the Womens match? Wtf?

Natalya should just leave seriously. Charlotte just riding on the coattails of her father.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, this is the time for WWE to bring back the Curb Stomp. Forget the safety concerns. Make sure people can take the bumps, make the move slightly safer if you have to, but bring it back. Rollins doesn't suit the Pedigree whatsoever - and imagine the pop if he whips out the Curb Stomp now he's a babyface.

ReputationRep:
    Curb stomp is hardly the move for a face though. I agree that he needs someone other than the pedigree however.

Also we won't find out if he's already turned face or if it's coming, until tonight's RAW.
    I can see WWE still trying to force Reigns as a face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Ugh but why why why doesn't AJ get a run Great to see Seth back but it's just unfortunate timing for AJ I guess, WWE obviously wants a Reigns vs Seth feud over the title. I give up all hope for the WWE writing team if they try and book Reigns as the face :rofl:
    I think WWE have finally given up trying to establish faces and heels. Although Cena getting an Austin-level pop at WrestleMania ruined a decade of hard work by the booers. That must've been huge vindication for the company to push who they want. So now we should expect another decade of SuperReigns, exactly like SuperCena. Anyone celebrating the tailing off of Cena better stop, because we're going straight back to 2005.

AJ isn't touching the title because he's not WWE. CM Punk was an anomaly, mainly because he was so hostile that it got Vince hard. Bryan was an experiment in half-heartedly listening to the fans that they can tell themselves was a failure because of buy rates and injuries (never mind that stock, subscribers, buy rates etc. tanked when Reigns, Sheamus and Triple H were being champs... during WRESTLEMANIA SEASON). So now full steam ahead, they push who they want, who's gonna stop them? Same people complaining are the same people throwing money at them buying merchandise, tickets, Network subscriptions and watching every TV show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neverdie)
    I think WWE have finally given up trying to establish faces and heels. Although Cena getting an Austin-level pop at WrestleMania ruined a decade of hard work by the booers. That must've been huge vindication for the company to push who they want. So now we should expect another decade of SuperReigns, exactly like SuperCena. Anyone celebrating the tailing off of Cena better stop, because we're going straight back to 2005.

AJ isn't touching the title because he's not WWE. CM Punk was an anomaly, mainly because he was so hostile that it got Vince hard. Bryan was an experiment in half-heartedly listening to the fans that they can tell themselves was a failure because of buy rates and injuries (never mind that stock, subscribers, buy rates etc. tanked when Reigns, Sheamus and Triple H were being champs... during WRESTLEMANIA SEASON). So now full steam ahead, they push who they want, who's gonna stop them? Same people complaining are the same people throwing money at them buying merchandise, tickets, Network subscriptions and watching every TV show.
    Unfortunate but true. WWE have a habit of only making established champions out of talent that they've sculpted and nurtured themselves, they know that bringing in someone established is good for business but generally it just doesn't suit their ego to put a strap on them and sell them as the face of the company. An exception was made for Punk because he didn't really have an established character when they took him on, he was just a kid with a lot of talent.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Also we won't find out if he's already turned face or if it's coming, until tonight's RAW.
    I can see WWE still trying to force Reigns as a face.
    That pop last night makes him a face. The company would be utterly stupid to do anything else.

I think this means we'll see a programme between the pair through summer, but it makes the MITB winner even more interesting. I'm hopeful it'll be Ambrose. With Ambrose, maybe AJ Styles, a returning Cena/Orton/Wyatt in the MITB match, it has the potential to be one of the most intriguing ever.

ReputationRep:
    It's happening. 'Superstars' are ditching the company. From the old days of Carlito, it's gaining pace and Punk, Bryan (if he could), Ryback, AJ Lee, Wade Barrett have all gone in the past year or so alone, they've had enough. Meanwhile, the roles have swapped and it's WWE hiring the TNA roster like they're the 2nd-best company.

And now this is one hell of a public statement by the departing Cody Rhodes:

"...it’s sad that after once again being benched off TV that my fate in said spot was instead to be relegated to watching a monitor advertising a returning star and kicking open my tumi gear bag to find an outfit I had long outgrown and a face-paint kit....

...for a decade I tried to convince both Vince and HHH that I could be their star-player... I sincerely appreciate HHH’s unflinching respect for my Father... He did not owe me that same respect he gave Dream, but I thought I could earn it in time. One of the last discussions we had included him telling me that “WWE is a play, and everybody has their role and needs to act it their best”. All I can think of to say to that is, “the best actors don’t want the lesser roles”.

In the past 6-months I had pleaded with WWE Creative and both of my bosses to let me roll-the-dice and once again be Cody Rhodes. I had pitched to every writer on the staff... there are many of those who sought to help me (Brian James, Nick, Faz, J Russo, Dave K, JBL&Cole for letting me go wild on their YouTube show and a few others I’m sure) but for all that, both “head writers” of RAW & Smackdown (one pretending to be Brian Gewirtz and the other too busy hitting on developmental divas) continued to not return my pitches or e-mails, and in face-to-face encounters tried to big league me by pretending to be on their clearly powered-off laptops…barely willing to listen to an idea I considered beneficial to more than one talent. What’s that expression? Don’t take no for an answer…what do you do when you don’t get an answer at all?

So there I was…having done everything I could possibly do for ten years to make the most out of both large opportunities and even the half-cocked ones like “paint-up like your brother”. Chicken **** into chicken salad became my specialty... I have had a WrestleMania match cancelled while I stood at the curtain moments before my music hit. I felt like I had a bag of those brass-rings and when it came time for me to cash them in, I find I can’t do so.

...I don’t need to sell myself to those two writers captaining a broken unrecognizable system, matter a fact with the time I had put in and the body of work I presented it should have been the other way around... no money is worth being less than you are... I’ll be dammed if my fathers legacy is “stardust” or a series of sizzle-reels for NXT.

I will miss many of the soldiers in that locker-room, some who I have earned their friendship. Guys like Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Tyler Breeze, KO, Harper, Kofi, Tye, the wasteland and the NC…keep that locker-room clean and keep having a better match than you’re supposed to...

...there’s nothing more motivating than those who buy a ticket yet find something lacking (considering the first few CAW years of my career, I always took the criticism as more of a request and I made what adjustments I could...

...There’s a whole world of film and television and the state that I might find I have a knack for (maybe I even already got an offer). As far as the future is concerned though, I’m a wrestler. So that’s what I’ll do…wrestle...”
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Feel really sad for Cody. He genuinely threw his all into the Stardust gimmick, and he has way more potential than some comedy henchman for the Ascension ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe WWE can be this blind into not believing in Cody. His run vs the authority was spectacular.

ReputationRep:
    Now Adam Rose, another guy ticked off with WWE creatively (and regarding his medication), has walked.

This is crazy.

I remember they did that documentary that featured Rose and his struggle trying to provide for his sick kid. They showed how he was a heel and it wasn't working, and he finally found redemption as the babyface partygoer, which won anyone who watched it's heart. But afterwards WWE have turned him heel surely sabotaging his career, making themselves huge real-life villains. Then there's the playground text-showing during the ridiculous Titus business. It goes on.

Complete disaster of a company. And they're still better behaved than TNA, who could've stopped all of this but turned out to be even nastier and stupider and sabotaged themselves.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The Adam Rose thing is a farce. There was a groundswell of support from fans, and an organic following emerged in the wake of that ESPN documentary.

WWE should have got rid of the party gimmick then, and turned him babyface and allowed him to shine with the popularity he was enjoying.

Instead, they left him in limbo. He hasn't helped himself with the arrests and violating the Wellness Policy, but WWE definitely dropped the ball on that one - again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Now Adam Rose, another guy ticked off with WWE creatively (and regarding his medication), has walked.

This is crazy.

I remember they did that documentary that featured Rose and his struggle trying to provide for his sick kid. They showed how he was a heel and it wasn't working, and he finally found redemption as the babyface partygoer, which won anyone who watched it's heart. But afterwards WWE have turned him heel surely sabotaging his career, making themselves huge real-life villains. Then there's the playground text-showing during the ridiculous Titus business. It goes on.

Complete disaster of a company. And they're still better behaved than TNA, who could've stopped all of this but turned out to be even nastier and stupider and sabotaged themselves.
    I'd say Adam Rose was a different situation entirely. He's got a SEN kid and being with WWE restricts his home time, he got a wellness policy violation (rightly or wrongly - from the evidence it looks like wrongly) and got arrested for assault/tampering with evidence.

I'm pleased he'll have some time to regroup and hope he left on positive enough terms to get a second chance.

Guy was gold as Kruger and could have been a great face after E60.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    Guy was gold as Kruger and could have been a great face after E60.
    This. I know WWE don't like re-hashing gimmicks, but if there was to be an anomaly, they should have reverted Rose to Kruger post-ESPN documentary.

ReputationRep:
    So Rollins is still heel then...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2017
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.