Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Show

- The New Day kicked off the show. They were quickly interrupted by The Club. After some back-and-forth, a match between Kofi Kingston and AJ Styles was booked for the night's main event.
    - Becky Lynch def. WWE women's champion Charlotte by disqualification. Late in the match, Dana Brooke interfered, necessitating the finish. Before a two-on-one beating could ensue, Natalya hit the ring, making the save. Her and Lynch left the heels scurrying to safety to close out the segment.
    - The Dudley Boyz def. The Golden Truth following interference from Tyler Breeze and Fandango.
    - Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn def. Kevin Owens and Alberto Del Rio.
    - United States champion Rusev def. Jack Swagger. After the match, Titus O'Neil made the save.
    - AJ Styles def. Kofi Kingston. Big E, Xavier Woods, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson brawled at ringside, leading to the finish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    By the way, it's so refreshing to see Titus thrust back into a high-profile spot with Rusev, acting as the first challenger for his reign. That's a really, really exciting angle - and I'm sure the pair will put on great matches. It's good Titus hasn't been buried post-suspension.

The suspension in general has become a farce and WWE is trying their best to cover this. I doubt this push will actually last.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    The suspension in general has become a farce and WWE is trying their best to cover this. I doubt this push will actually last.
    With Rusev looking so dominant, we'll probably only get one PPV match out of him and O'Neil. Rusev's best being booked as a relentless wrecking ball, tearing through superstar over superstar. There's no point in him exchanging wins for three PPVs, like Cena/Styles will undoubtedly do.

We'll see Cena win at MITB and Summerslam, and Styles claim a victory in between. It's all so obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Kevin Owens really is one of the biggest heels ever.

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/...38746933661697

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)

We'll see Cena win at MITB and Summerslam, and Styles claim a victory in between. It's all so obvious.
    There's not really any reason for anything else to happen though. It elevates AJ (who doesn't even need elevating to be honest) and Cena moves forward for probably a WM main event with Taker or Reigns (imagine him losing a feud just before this match). I don't blame Vince for his superman booking of Cena when there's a lack of main event talent around, why would he devalue one of the only ones he has.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    There's not really any reason for anything else to happen though. It elevates AJ (who doesn't even need elevating to be honest) and Cena moves forward for probably a WM main event with Taker or Reigns (imagine him losing a feud just before this match). I don't blame Vince for his superman booking of Cena when there's a lack of main event talent around, why would he devalue one of the only ones he has.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the feud. It's fresh, exciting, and keeps AJ elevated.

The thing is, the Cena booking is great for catapulting stars higher up the card - Barrett, Ryback, Rusev, Wyatt, Owens - but it arguably decreases their long-term value, bar Owens. After all, to be the man, you've got to beat the man.

That doesn't matter as much with Styles, because he isn't going to be a long-term staple of the company. He's already quite a lot older than a lot of the other guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Mistakes are made to be learned from and those who are too weak and insecure to learn from theirs attack others for theirs until they do the same thing to someone else.

So thanks for the response but I'd rather be in a million bad positions then be in yours.

Plus like I said, does it make you feel like a man using other prople's mistakes against them? Plus how insecure do you have to be to use other peoples sexual history against them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Bray Wyatt set to return to TV next week, according to reports. I wonder what their plans are. Seems likely he'll cost somebody a shot at MITB, setting up his summer feud. But we'll see.

I personally want to see a Wyatt vs HHH feud so bad.

ReputationRep:
    ^

I love this guy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Just another thought on the Cena/buried debate. Since 2010, only CM Punk has a winning record against Cena.

The superstars with the most wins when facing Cena one-on-one are CM Punk (record of 6-4-2), and Randy Orton, del Rio and Rollins have three wins each, but four/eight/NINE losses respectively.

I didn't realise Rollins had lost that many times.

Sheamus has two wins and two defeats, and Rusev is 2-3.

ReputationRep:
    What's everyones thoughts on NXT Takeover The End?

I can't wait for American Alpha vs The Revival, I think it'll steal the show. The NXT feel will also do wonders for the steel cage match, hopefully they don't rely on the tropes as much, I loved the Ambrose Asylum match (i know many didn't) because of the way the the cage and weapons were used (also the locked door was great).

Also, I find No Way Jose super entertaining and don't no why!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been watching Camp WWE? It's the best netflix original I've seen, its hilarious, really picks up from episode 2 so give it a chance if you passed it up.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Cena vs Styles confirmed for MITB.

ReputationRep:
    Lesnar's returning to UFC 200 but WWE confirm he'll return for Summerslam/Mania next year.

Great news for UFC but I assume it's only for money that Brock is going back as there doesn't seem to be a plan in place to win a belt etc.

WWE will be able to spin it away whatever happens to Brock in this UFC fight.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Lesnar's returning to UFC 200 but WWE confirm he'll return for Summerslam/Mania next year.

Great news for UFC but I assume it's only for money that Brock is going back as there doesn't seem to be a plan in place to win a belt etc.

WWE will be able to spin it away whatever happens to Brock in this UFC fight.
    Lesnar fought in UFC, returned to WWE and headlined WrestleMania, and will again fight in the UFC before CM Punk has his first fight

ReputationRep:
    Lesnar has been booked to face mark hunt at ufc 200

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I can't see anything but a Lesnar loss at UFC, but whatever happens, you imagine WWE will be able to spin it and I imagine Vince wouldn't have agreed to this without getting something huge in return.

Dare I say a Rousey match at WM33...

ReputationRep:
    If Lesnar wins, he stays over. If he loses, it's easier to have someone beat him as it'll be more believable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Pretty solid RAW I thought.

Obviously, the Teddy Long thing was farcical - but I enjoyed seeing him once his music hit. WWE needs to answer some questions on the Brand Extension, if they even know what's set to happen. There's too much guess work right now among the fanbase.

Anyway, the MITB match is shaping up to be one of the best ever. The superstars sat on top of the ladders was a bit of a joke - but Cesaro going over clean against Jericho, and making him tap, was refreshing. I feel Sami Zayn needs to be protected more at this stage, and Owens shouldn't be taking so many losses to Ambrose. The latter is clearly the favourite to win the briefcase - he's on a six match unbeaten streak - but I'd love Owens to win it.

The New Day vs The Club is a great feud. I imagine the latter may steal the straps at MITB, to be honest. Enzo and Cass and the Vaudevillians are better off just preoccupying themselves with each other at this stage.

Aside from that, it was a good showing from AJ Styles too. He is being booked well at this stage, and his promo was heartfelt and showcased his new found heel edge. Cena, as ever, was great on the mic. Dare I say there was a touch of 2004 Cena in his promo. That's a great sign.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This week's SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Show

- The Club kicked the show off, discussing the events of Monday night. Enzo Amore and Big Cass interrupted, referred to the heels as "SAWFT" and set up the night's opening match. Tag team champions The New Day joined Mauro Ranallo, Jerry Lawler and Byron Saxton on commentary.
    - Amore and Big Cass vs. The Club's Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows ended in a double disqualification when The Vaudevillains and The New Day interfered.
    - Titus O'Neil, who took exception to the United States champion disgracing the memory of Muhammad Ali, interrupted Rusev's backstage interview. He vowed to beat The Bulgarian Brute and take the title at Money in the Bank.
    - Kevin Owens and Alberto Del Rio def. Sami Zayn and Cesaro. Midway through the match, Owens and Zayn renewed their rivalry, brawling to the backstage area. When Owens emerged, he did not hesitate to attacked del Rio and pinned Cesaro for the win.
    - Becky Lynch def. Dana Brooke via submission with The Disarmer.
    - Bob Backlund continued his quest to make Darren Young great again with a pre-taped vignette.
    -Baron Corbin def. Kalisto, with Dolph Ziggler watching on from the commentary position.
    - Apollo Crews attacked Sheamus backstage after finding himself the butt of The Celtic Warrior's joke.
    - Chris Jericho def. Dean Ambrose. After the match, Ambrose closed out the show by attacking Jericho with a ladder.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.