Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    That was a damn good PPV.

Ambrose cashing in so quickly was unexpected. He becomes the second man (Kane being the other) to cash in the same night as winning the briefcase. To be honest, the night was full of surprises. I didn't expect Rollins to beat Reigns, and then I didn't expect Ambrose's arrival.

I'm chuffed the latter has the belt, which sets up a nice Shield triple threat feud through summer. The issue is: where does Ambrose's characterisation go from here? In my view, he should be a heel. He's probably the least enigmatic of all three Shield members. He's funny, he's volatile, but he doesn't have the layers of Rollins (having fought back from such a rehabilitating injury) and Reigns (constantly treading a line between face/heel).

Rollins should be the out and out face of the storyline, in my view. Reigns was playing a proper heel throughout last night - trash talking, heel talk, heel antics. That's promising from WWE, who seem to realise they can't keep him as a face.

It's a shame Owens didn't get the briefcase, and I hope Creative has something planned for him. The MITB match was exceptional - as expected. Each man got their spotlight, and it seems logical to keep Cesaro's momentum going by pitting him against somebody like Corbin in a decent feud. How good was Alberto del Rio, by the way? Brilliant work from him.

The Cena/Styles match was great - but I thought the former looked rusty. It was very good, but the ending after The Club had failed to pick up the titles earlier on in the evening was predictable. It seems logical to keep the feud going through summer, with matches at Battleground and SummerSlam. So, the ending was predictable but effective - and undoubtedly the right move. AJ Styles needs to look as threatening as possible to Cena.

There were plenty of missteps - Corbin vs Ziggler was about five minutes too long at 12 minutes, the tag team match was a bit of a muddle (but that's to be expected with the abundance of teams) and the pre-show was a complete non-starter for me. I hated seeing the Breezango gimmick with the spray tan. I'm here for the wrestling, ffs.

Rusev vs Titus O'Neil struggled living up to the matches it was succeeding, which was an odd move from WWE to place it that late on the card. But Crews looked great against Sheamus - and now that feud (which has been treated poorly from Creative, with a lack of build up) is done, he can move onto new things and continue to shine as a specimen.

ReputationRep:
    If I hadn't known what WWE had become. and if the past few months was the first time I watched it in 16 years, I would've thought Reigns was an incredible heel. He super over, but just the wrong type of over.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    If I hadn't known what WWE had become. and if the past few months was the first time I watched it in 16 years, I would've thought Reigns was an incredible heel. He super over, but just the wrong type of over.
    He was so overtly heel last night - I'm sure WWE realise the fact he can't stay face now. He is a monster heel. He's got the look of a heel, the move set of a heel. Everything about him screams bad guy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hm. Reigns clearly is shifting heel - the segment with Ambrose/Rollins on RAW confirmed that.

Still, Creative is maintaining that Rollins is the most heel of the trio though. The fans just aren't buying that - and the longer that booking goes on, the more WWE are showing they don't have their finger on the pulse.

It was a weird RAW to be honest. I'm glad Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens are going toe-to-toe again, but the Shield triple threat should have been delayed in my view. We could have seen Rollins/Reigns have a summer feud, with Owens challenging Ambrose in the main event.

Likewise, I don't know why WWE is booking the Wyatt Family against the New Day. Bray disappeared as a face, or at least on the verge of turning face, but now they are going up against the most popular tag team in the company. I'd have liked Bray Wyatt to challenge Triple H or something. Remember their face off at the Rumble? The crowd soaked it up.

I have no desire to see Titus O'Neil vs Rusev again, or Corbin vs Zack Ryder (why wasn't it booked as a squash? Creative is doing Corbin no favours) and it's clear the Brand Extension can't come soon enough for Corbin, Crews et al.

The tag team division seems to be in an odd state, too. Enzo and Cass and the Vaudevillains are showing signs of stagnation. They haven't progressed since debuting - and are still facing each other. It's good The Club are being booked strongly up against Cena, though. I expect we'll see a six-man tag team match at Battleground between the two sides, with a couple of babyfaces teaming up with Cena (Cesaro seems to be lacking direction, as do the Usos).

Going to watch AJ Styles on the Stone Cold podcast today at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Reigns has failed a Wellness test - out for 34 days I think, misses Battleground.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    FFS Roman.

Anyway, WWE should put Ambrose against Owens now tbh. Rollins and Ambrose are both heels in the eyes of the fans.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing Dana Brooke, you had one job to put Paige's leg on the ropes. You couldn't even do that :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Reigns has tweeted apologising to fans, family etc. He seems to know he's done wrong. He says: "No excuses. I own it."

ReputationRep:
    Not that it'll change anything by now, but whether WWE remove Reigns from the title match will show how much integrity they have. Or at least whether they have 0.01% integrity or 0.02% integrity.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Not that it'll change anything by now, but whether WWE remove Reigns from the title match will show how much integrity they have. Or at least whether they have 0.01% integrity or 0.02% integrity.
    Orton has failed the Wellness Policy twice, so you imagine it won't affect Reigns too much in terms of his standing in the company.

Best thing WWE can do is turn him heel, give him the strap in his first bout back. The fans will go ballistic.

ReputationRep:
    Agree when he comes back he's gotta go Heel if they don't make him turn heel, that would be absolutely farcical.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Weird that he'll miss the Brand Extension.

WWE would be smart to keep his show a mystery, and have him pop up at a PPV costing a leading face his match.

ReputationRep:
    Match changed to Ambrose vs Rollins, ref bump, Reigns returns and spears Rollins, pause for a moment, then turns around and Superman Punches Ambrose, then spears him the **** down, Rollins crawls over as ref wakes up and wins.

Next night, Reigns explains he only did it because Ambrose DDTed him (which maybe kept him out for a month), and he wanted to win the title back from Rollins. Ambrose is surprisingly calm and says he understands, because he did the same thing to him last time. They shake hands and say they're even, then Ambrose sucker punches him and beats him quite violently, 'turning heel', even though everyone is cheering.

That would be your standard WWE booking.

ReputationRep:
    Reigns has the potential, and IMO is worthy pf beong the face of the company. Hpwever, the company wants to make him the face by making him the arse of the company (He said in a Sheamus accent). Hopefully he comes back, amd not neccessarily wins the title, but the fans by turning into a powerhouse heel.

Should really join Paul Heyman.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Reigns doesn't need Heyman as a mouth-piece imho. His talking is fine - when he's a heel. Look at the "shut up and drink your beer" line on RAW this week.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen Raw from this week yet, but the MITB was awesome i was shocked that Ambrose cashed in i thought they were gonna play that out for a while gutted Rollins ain't the Champion again but at the same time i'm glad Ambrose is just need to watch Raw now!!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This week's SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Show

- Seth Rollins opened SmackDown with an open challenge, saying he was robbed of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Money in the Bank. Sami Zayn responded by walking out, before Dean Ambrose came out and turned the segment into an episode of the Ambrose Asylum.
    - Cesaro def. Alberto Del Rio.
    - Sheamus def. Apollo Crews by count out after Sheamus hit a Brogue Kick on Crews into the steps.
    - Dana Brooke def. Becky Lynch with a roll-up after interference from Charlotte. Sasha Banks came out and put the Bank Statement on Brooke.
    - Backstage segment saw Jimmy Uso challenge AJ Styles to a match.
    - AJ Styles def. Jimmy Uso after interference from The Club.
    - New Day def. The Vaudevillains in a quick match. The Wyatt Family cut a promo after the match on the TitanTron and threatened New Day, who looked on from the ring.
    - Seth Rollins def. Sami Zayn in the main event with Dean Ambrose on commentary. After the match, Rollins went after Ambrose. As Ambrose went after Rollins, the latter man ran away.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Below is the leaked PPV schedule for the remainder of 2016:

Battleground (July 24)
    Summerslam (August 21)
    Backlash (September 11)
    Clash of Champions (September 25)
    No Mercy (October 9)
    Hell In A Cell (October 30)
    Survivor Series (November 20)
    TLC (December 4)
    Roadblock (December 18)

SmackDown brand PPVs in blue, RAW in red.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Below is the leaked PPV schedule for the remainder of 2016:

Battleground (July 24)
    Summerslam (August 21)
    Backlash (September 11)
    Clash of Champions (September 25)
    No Mercy (October 9)
    Hell In A Cell (October 30)
    Survivor Series (November 20)
    TLC (December 4)
    Roadblock (December 18)

SmackDown brand PPVs in blue, RAW in red.
    RAW yesterday was pretty good. They made the right decision in mentioning Roman's suspension, and the fact they did suggests the company still hold him in high regards. The Cena/AJ angle on the WWE Title match was ok, but I'm not a fan of these distraction finished (seriously, why do they get so easily distracted? If the other intervenes, surely they get the win via DQ anyway? Especially after AJ had done it to Cena earlier on that night, falling for his own trick was dumb as hell). Sticking to the triple threat was the right decision though.

Also, looks like we're going back to 2 World Titles, because they kept calling Ambrose the "WWE Champion" as opposed to WWE World Heavyweight Champion. They should've stuck to one in my opinion. The sooner Kane retires the better too.

ReputationRep:
    Should they bring back Judgement Day or No way out as well?
    And what about the idea of them having a King of the Ring tournament once every year?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.