Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is cesaro ever going to get the push he deserves ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Brraaaaawwwwwkkkkk lesnar

ReputationRep:
    Cena is a full blown babyface nowadays, the crowd are on his side. WWE need to use him sparingly, have him feud 3 or 4 times a year and leave after each one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So, not only are WWE going to stick with the McMahons as the figurehead of both brands, but they're bringing in TWO GMs for each show respectively. That's four authority figures. How are the superstars meant to get quality air time?

Regardless, last night's show was great.

It was awesome - and a big surprise - to see Darren Young become the number one contender for the Miz's IC title. I'd suggest this means WWE are hot on him, with the Backlund gimmick, but we've seen pushes fade away before so I won't jump the gun by saying that. What I will say is this: Young can really benefit by working closely with a heel as hated as fiercely as the Miz is. It's a decent feud, and a fresh match-up.

Similarly, Zack Ryder going up against Rusev is very intriguing. Again, it's a fresh match up and while Rusev will obviously emerge victorious (rightly so), it's good to see Ryder going for gold.

Plenty of people are in limbo - Sheamus, Corbin, Crews, Ziggler - but the Battle Royal showcased them, alongside del Rio, and you've got to hope they'll become more prominent post-Brand Extension.

The less said about the Vaudevillains and their fall from grace, as well as Kalisto/Sin Cara who couldn't be further away from a hot streak, the better. Why are the latter duo losing to BREEZANGO? Bizarre.

Enzo and Big Cass continue to shine in their feud against the Club. All six men are doing their best to make that feud memorable, and it's refreshing to hear Cena so warmly received from the hefty crowd in Detroit, who are clearly such big marks and huge fans of the business.

Ambrose and Rollins' segment was out of this world, too. We saw grit and steel from the former, rather than the craziness or silliness that WWE usually make him exhibit, and the latter's cocky and arrogant shtick worked a treat.

The only misstep was Titus O'Neil vs Heath Slater (boring) and the New Day/Wyatt Family's True Detective-style segment, which was just bizarre. Fair play to WWE for trying something different, though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This week's SmackDown spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Show

- Sasha Banks def. Dana Brooke to earn a WWE Women's Championship match.
    - Dolph Ziggler def. Rusev after Zack Ryder, who sat in on commentary, provided a distraction.
    - AJ Styles and Karl Anderson def. Enzo Amore and Big Cass.
    - Zack Ryder def. Alberto Del Rio. After the match, Rusev tried to attack, only to suffer a dropkick at the hands of his No. 1 Contender.
    - Miz TV featuring Darren Young and Bob Backlund ended with the Hall of Famer applying the Crossface Chicken Wing to The Miz.
    - Charlotte announced during a backstage promo that she will partner with Dana Brooke at Battleground to face Sasha Banks and whomever she can find to side with her.
    - Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens ended in disqualification when Seth Rollins interfered and attacked The Lunatic Fringe. Sami Zayn made the save and suddenly, a tag team match was booked.
    - Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins defeated Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn when Rollins pinned Zayn.

ReputationRep:
    So has the brand split happened, and is Smackdown now worth watching? I'm so lost tbh. Was trying to look up ORton vs Lesnar but apparently it was only announced on Smackdown without a confrontation between the two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    So has the brand split happened, and is Smackdown now worth watching? I'm so lost tbh. Was trying to look up ORton vs Lesnar but apparently it was only announced on Smackdown without a confrontation between the two?
    You ****er

Brand split is next Tuesday I think. Lesnar match was randomly announced by Booker T on Smackdown last week (Heyman wasn't even there ffs), WWE just wanted to jump on the UFC 200 hype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    You ****er

Brand split is next Tuesday I think. Lesnar match was randomly announced by Booker T on Smackdown last week (Heyman wasn't even there ffs), WWE just wanted to jump on the UFC 200 hype.
    What?

Ok I see. I'll start watching from next week then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    You ****er

Good thing tbh. I'd have thrown something at the TV if I had to hear him yet again say "...and [insert opponent]'s opponent is going to be.... BUURRRRRRRRRROCK.......... LLLLESSSSSSNUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Good thing tbh. I'd have thrown something at the TV if I had to hear him yet again say "...and [insert opponent]'s opponent is going to be.... BUURRRRRRRRRROCK.......... LLLLESSSSSSNUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wouldn't mind them legitimising it as a proper fight tbh. Go the whole hog, have a press conference, a weigh-in, ring announcements. And then put Randy over.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Basically, WWE has tried to do a UFC-style thing and announce it without a backstory or build-up. Not that it needs it, really.

ReputationRep:
    I met John Cena in a pub and told him he sucked to his face, he tried to fight me but I set him the one bang punch and knocked him out. Big Show tried to stop me but I picked him up with one hand and slammed him through a table.

Then Kelly Kelly chatted me up 2 minutes after and we went out for a couple of weeks but I dumped her because she was too clingy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay_Cartwright)
    I met John Cena in a pub and told him he sucked to his face, he tried to fight me but I set him the one bang punch and knocked him out. Big Show tried to stop me but I picked him up with one hand and slammed him through a table.

Then Kelly Kelly chatted me up 2 minutes after and we went out for a couple of weeks but I dumped her because she was too clingy.
    Very 2009.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Very 2009.
    That's the year it happened, yes.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    One week til Brand Extension.

ReputationRep:
    One week til Brand Extension.
    I've been offered whether to go to Smackdown or Raw but I said to the leader of WWE that I'm too good for this and don't want to overshadow the other wrestlers.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    WWE reportedly leaked on its website that Bryan is the new SmackDown GM.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    and a big surprise - to see Darren Young become the number one contender for the Miz's IC title. I'd suggest this means WWE are hot on him, with the Backlund gimmick, but we've seen pushes fade away before so I won't jump the gun by saying that.

Remember when Mark Henry was put with Tony Atlas for no real reason but to mentor him to be a big guy?

I didnt either until i watched a PPV from a couple years back
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    Remember when Mark Henry was put with Tony Atlas for no real reason but to mentor him to be a big guy?

I didnt either until i watched a PPV from a couple years back
    I can't imagine many of us will remember the Colter/del Rio alliance in five years time, either. These odd combinations spring up in WWE time and time again.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine many of us will remember the Colter/del Rio alliance in five years time, either. These odd combinations spring up in WWE time and time again.
    Its those things where voids are filled for those doing nothing.

Must be good for the legends though, a bit tv time and a pay cheque!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.