Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why are wwe bringing back the brand extention?? I thought they got rid of it so superstars can fight on whatever brand they want. :confused:

They even unified the world heavyweight championship with the wwe championship, to get the wwe world heavyweight championship. So the show has one main world title. Which is now exclusive to smackdown.

Now they bringing a new world title exclusive to raw, called wwe universal championship?? Why can't they
    just have one world title and the champion fight on both brands?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I'm no champion for the Brand Extension, but it gives plenty of midcard wrestlers the opportunity to shine - and even the likes of Ziggler, who had become lost in the shuffle when it was one gigantic roster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    To be fair, I'm no champion for the Brand Extension, but it gives plenty of midcard wrestlers the opportunity to shine - and even the likes of Ziggler, who had become lost in the shuffle when it was one gigantic roster.

So if they creating two world tiles now, what about the tag team tiles, will they create a new one aswell?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    So if they creating two world tiles now, what about the tag team tiles, will they create a new one aswell?
    remains to be seen - but I expect so. And probably a second women's title, too. It gives both divisions on SmackDown something to fight for.

ReputationRep:
    I've quite enjoyed Roman Reigns from what I've seen, because I treat him as a heel, and he's been one of the best heels in years. He's got nuclear heat, such a cocky smirking *******, keeps coming out on top (though now the heel is getting his obligatory comeuppance), cheating (drugs). And n Raw he looked like he had short hair, which made him look a great heel.

And this is a pretty damning summary of the draft:

- SmackDown was apparently billed as a show providing opportunity to youth but it seems like nearly everyone who got exposure were notably older veterans (Cena, Orton, Kane, Rhyno, AJ Styles, Natalya, Ziggler, Miz, Del Rio).

- As well as the male stars, Raw has the two most popular tag teams (The New Day, Enzo and Cass) and its two top female wrestlers (Charlotte, Sasha Banks).

- Bayley was not drafted, while Jax, Carmella and Bliss were, and this shortly after Generic Blonde Whasserface Beth Phoenix 2.0 debuted helping Charlotte on top of that.

- WWE split up couple Alberto Del Rio and Paige, and now they'll barely see each other unless house shows are being shared.

- After being demoted to Smackdown, Jerry Lawler's gone down again. Now he's only doing pre-shows. He has been replaced with the charistmatic David Otunga.

- Not only was Brock Lesnar not #1 pick of either company, let alone whoever picked first, but it took 7 picks before he was chosen, and he has, will or can brutally sodomise every pick #1 to #7 even if they ganged up on him and draw more ratings than all of them combined bar maybe Cena (I don't know the numbers and this is all just made up facts).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    x
    Bayley is on the main roster now, in fairness. Arguably, she's seen her stock rise because she wasn't lost in the shuffle of Draft night alongside the other NXT call ups.*

ReputationRep:
    Rhyno's back?!

Watched my first episode of RAW this week since Wrestlemania. Was not disappointed but it's only going downhill from here ( same after all huge announcements)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Rhyno's back?!

Watched my first episode of RAW this week since Wrestlemania. Was not disappointed but it's only going downhill from here ( same after all huge announcements)
    Thoughts on Balor and Ziggler main eventing the 2nd biggest show of the calendar? And who does Roman fight?

ReputationRep:
    whos going to pre order WWE 2K17?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they will bring back the smackdown vs raw games because of the brand extension??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Thoughts on Balor and Ziggler main eventing the 2nd biggest show of the calendar? And who does Roman fight?
    A heel turn and Reigns vs Sami Zayn makes perfect sense from here.

ReputationRep:
    A heel turn and Reigns vs Sami Zayn makes perfect sense from here.
    Do you think the Reigns experiment is over, or is it a case of punishing him for a while before putting him back as the guy?

ReputationRep:

Royal Rumble is the 2nd biggest show bro. Ncl about Roman unless he fights Sami Zayn. Who is Ziggler fighting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Royal Rumble is the 2nd biggest show bro. Ncl about Roman unless he fights Sami Zayn. Who is Ziggler fighting?
    Ziggler won the number 1 contenders match yesterday so he's fighting Ambrose for the WWE Title at Slam. Roman is still my favourite and he's main evented the last 2 WM's. Will be strange to see him in the midcard of SummerSlam.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the Reigns experiment is over, or is it a case of punishing him for a while before putting him back as the guy?
    Tough to say. I'd wager on the latter. Guys have come back from worse to be main event stars. Think Reigns has some making up to do, though.

ReputationRep:
    Tough to say. I'd wager on the latter. Guys have come back from worse to be main event stars. Think Reigns has some making up to do, though.
    I can see a HHH circa 1997 happening. Summerslam seems to be lacking some star power though:

Rollins vs Balor
    Ambrose vs Ziggler
    Lesnar vs Orton
    Cena vs Styles

The only one appealing to the casual fans there is the Lesnar match. Would like to see Taker return and challenge Reigns to add some marketability to the show.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I can see a HHH circa 1997 happening. Summerslam seems to be lacking some star power though:

Rollins vs Balor
    Ambrose vs Ziggler
    Lesnar vs Orton
    Cena vs Styles

The only one appealing to the casual fans there is the Lesnar match. Would like to see Taker return and challenge Reigns to add some marketability to the show.
    Yeah, definitely wouldn't mind Undertaker returning and getting a spot on the card. He's one of the big question marks from the Brand Extension.*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, definitely wouldn't mind Undertaker returning and getting a spot on the card. He's one of the big question marks from the Brand Extension.*

Undertaker may go to smackdown like he always was back in the days :dontknow:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Undertaker may go to smackdown like he always was back in the days :dontknow:
    I was convinced Lesnar would be on SmackDown like the glory days.*

ReputationRep:
    They need to make Reigns a monster heel, and wipe the smirk off of his face. Only then can he turn face and become great again.
    I'm loving this Orton character btw, because it's the Orton i've been wanting for years.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.