Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Orton is pretty much done, that was an awful and expensive way to elevate Brock because no one is going to take Orton seriously again, unless he wins his rematch at WM...

Yeah I'm not sure where Brock goes. This past year or two he's been a tweener but I think WWE are wanting to push him as a monster heel again. It's probably to build him up so that someone rising can beat him and get the rub.
    I think Lesnar's popularity is waning - due to a combination of factors - so it makes sense for WWE to align him as a heel.

ReputationRep:
    What will happen on Raw: Lesnar gets suspended until next big PPV, Balor/Rollins rematch booked

What should happen on Raw (lame WWE booking considered): Wet (with perspiration) after seeing Lesnar's dominance and Shane getting some, Steph declares the Demon King's first title defence will be against the Beast either next PPV or right now. Balor is successfully buried as Lesnar toys with him, going too far once again, but Reigns saves the day DQing Balor by saving him and attacking Lesnar which reignites his Lesnar feud (he matched him last time and they have unfinished business) while simultaneously kicking off the classic 'small guy' reign for Balor where he gets the crap beaten out of him every week but holds onto the title with DQs (in his favour), interferences from his more muscley friends and small packages.

This also explains why Reigns' and Lesnar's matches both went the exact same way. The immovable Brock meets the Roman force or something like that! The crowd go mild!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The plot thickens.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...-a7203596.html

ReputationRep:
    There's no question about it though, it's obviously planned.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Such a shame Finn Balor has relinquished the WWE Universal Championship through injury. There will be a Fatal 4-Way next week to decide the new champion, and the obvious fit is Seth Rollins, who defeated Sami Zayn in a brilliant bout last night on RAW to confirm his place.

Big Cass - who beat Rusev via count-out - doesn't need the belt, while Kevin Owens - who beat Neville - and Roman Reigns (who defeated Chris Jericho) should be pre-occupied in the coming weeks with different feuds/programmes.

It was a shame the ending to all four qualifying matches on RAW were so telegraphed. The winner was obvious to each bout, making RAW quite a forgettable show.

Big E beat Karl Anderson in a singles bout and surely needs a singles run when the New Day eventually implode. The question is: who will take the straps off them? The Club have been booked laughably, and they ended the night putting the Dudley Boyz through a table and angling for a feud with those two guys.

Braun Strowman ran over some other jobber, Titus O'Neil gave another dreadful promo in the feud nobody cares about (who's a face and who's a heel? Darren Young doesn't really elicit empathy from an audience) and Bayley debuted - FINALLY!

ReputationRep:
    Jericho likes a backstage scrap it seems after his clash with Goldberg many years ago..

BROCK LESNAR, CHRIS JERICHO IN HEATED ALTERCATION AT SUMMERSLAM
    BY DAVE MELTZER

The ending of the Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar SummerSlam match, which went pretty much as planned, led to a verbal and somewhat physical confrontation between Lesnar and Chris Jericho last night.

According to multiple sources, Jericho came to the gorilla position just as the match ended, apparently to see if Orton was okay and to find out what exactly happened. He asked Michael Hayes what the finish was or if that was the finish. Hayes wouldn't answer him at which point Jericho said, "That's bullsh*t."

Jericho said that just as Lesnar came back from the ring. Lesnar thought he was talking about his match, and called Jericho a pussy according to one version, or "shut up" according to another, and to mind his own business. The two got face-to-face and started exchanging words, with one version saying they were shouting at each other the whole time.

Lesnar pushed Jericho with his fingers, and Jericho did what was described as the "Rousey-Tate" foreheed press. One version also had Jericho shoving Lesnar to the wall at one point.

They got tangled up against the wall and Lesnar told Jericho to punch him or kiss him. Paul "HHH" Levesque jumped in quickly and broke it up. It was heated enough that they went back at it at which time Vince McMahon broke it up. Jericho started yelling about Lesnar and McMahon told Jericho that it was all a work and to be professional.

Levesque reportedly told McMahon that Lesnar started it, and Jericho was just standing up for himself but there were more words exchanged.

Jericho saw Orton and got mad, which everyone noted was because he was concerned with Orton's health and safety. Orton reportedly assured him that he knew the way everything was coming. Link
    Look forward to Heyman hyping this up as Lesnar 'doing his own thing' but latter, it seems, is becoming a tad boring. UFC suspension confirmed pending an investigation by the Nevada Athletic Commission and his matches tend to belie his excellent work as a wrestler than the overload on Suplex City etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Jericho likes a backstage scrap it seems after his clash with Goldberg many years ago..

Look forward to Heyman hyping this up as Lesnar 'doing his own thing' but latter, it seems, is becoming a tad boring. UFC suspension confirmed pending an investigation by the Nevada Athletic Commission and his matches tend to belie his excellent work as a wrestler than the overload on Suplex City etc.
    Think everyone needs a cheese stick and a hug from Bayley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Such a shame Finn Balor has relinquished the WWE Universal Championship through injury. There will be a Fatal 4-Way next week to decide the new champion, and the obvious fit is Seth Rollins, who defeated Sami Zayn in a brilliant bout last night on RAW to confirm his place.
    What do you think the title match for Clash of the Champions will be? Thinking Roman vs Seth (unfortunately) as it doesn't feel like there's any top babyfaces left on RAW unless you count Lesnar or call up one of the NXT guys (Samoa Joe PLEASE!)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adso222)
    What do you think the title match for Clash of the Champions will be? Thinking Roman vs Seth (unfortunately) as it doesn't feel like there's any top babyfaces left on RAW unless you count Lesnar or call up one of the NXT guys (Samoa Joe PLEASE!)
    Definitely Roman vs Seth - but I don't feel the Reigns/Rusev angle got a decent ending. I'd like to see that continue.

I have a feeling Vince is building Reigns to be the monster who can destroy Brock. That's what the Rusev match at Summerslam pointed to, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I think Brock Lensar is still pissed off about his loss in UFC.He is also pissed off with the people that talk trash about him outside of WWE including Conor Mcregor, Goldberg, etc. So he probably ended up taking out his anger on Randy Orton to make his point and send them a message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    A completely made up story. Jericho has worked for decades and in Japan, Mexico, Europe I think. He's not a mark.

Lesnar is careful. It's clear that before every match he works out with his 'opponent' whether they're going to do 'stiff' shots and whether they'll bleed etc. Funnily enough you'd expect Ambrose's match to be a stiff bloodbath but evidently he wasn't down with that, so Lesnar was extra supportive in his suplexes and F5s and Ambrose not stiff with his weapon shots.

People are only seeing the handful of times he's done a 'stiff' match against guys who think they have huge balls (Roman, Cena). They don't remember him safely attacking Slater or Bo Dallas, or throwing slow soft 'punches' on Taker, guys who were trained or raised in the belief that you're supposed to protect the other guy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A really good episode of SmackDown. I'm a fan of the blue brand having its own Women's Championship, because it validates the talent on the roster. That said, I feel having the word 'SmackDown' in the title, and the new Tag-Team title, devalues it.

American Alpha and Breezango put on the match of the night, Heath Slater is clearly going to partner with Curt Hawkins when he debuts, AJ Styles is absolutely the right decision on where to go with Dean Ambrose (but where does that leave Dolph Ziggler?), and Bray Wyatt is on course for a match with Randy Orton as expected.

ReputationRep:

So Goldberg confirmed for WM? A return would make sense tbh, especially after how much cleaner the show is compared to his era.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

So Goldberg confirmed for WM? A return would make sense tbh, especially after how much cleaner the show is compared to his era.
    Who's next? YOU"RE NEXT

ReputationRep:
    Caught 10 minutes of Raw just now and saw that the Dudleyz are retiring(?). How can one of the most iconic tag teams of all time go out like that, with some nobodies putting Devon through a table.

Made me watch the 2000 Dudleyz v Hardeyz v Edge & Christian, TLC at Summerslam. How the **** is Jeff Hardy still alive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Caught 10 minutes of Raw just now and saw that the Dudleyz are retiring(?). How can one of the most iconic tag teams of all time go out like that, with some nobodies putting Devon through a table.

Made me watch the 2000 Dudleyz v Hardeyz v Edge & Christian, TLC at Summerslam. How the **** is Jeff Hardy still alive?
    Dudleys and WWE couldn't agree on a new contract so parted amicably.

ReputationRep:
    A really good episode of SmackDown. I'm a fan of the blue brand having its own Women's Championship, because it validates the talent on the roster. That said, I feel having the word 'SmackDown' in the title, and the new Tag-Team title, devalues it.

American Alpha and Breezango put on the match of the night, Heath Slater is clearly going to partner with Curt Hawkins when he debuts, AJ Styles is absolutely the right decision on where to go with Dean Ambrose (but where does that leave Dolph Ziggler?), and Bray Wyatt is on course for a match with Randy Orton as expected.
    Smackdown killed it this week, really good stuff. I don't like 'Smackdown' in the title - why could they not have brought back a retired belt?

AA vs Breezango was good but my match of the night was Styles/Ziggler, could have easily been a pay per view match and had a great story behind it.

I wonder where Ziggler goes from here? Honestly, Erik Rowan is the only fresh opponent I can see for him if he's going to be face

Of course segment of the night came on Talking Smack where The Miz absolutely obliterated Daniel Bryan:

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    That segment between the Miz and Bryan just underlines how underrated the former is. He's in the form of his life right now - both in terms of character, and in the ring, where he has evolved to a steady worker and a solid midcard talent.

The Miz is something increasingly rare in WWE: a genuine heel. When you get the likes of Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens being cheered, because it's deemed 'cool' to be a fan of them, it's refreshing when fans boo the Miz.

He's remarkable in terms of work-rate. He's always representing the company at events and meeting fans, like a Cena-lite. A credit to the WWE - no matter what they give him to work with (remember the Mizdow gimmick).

ReputationRep:
    That segment between the Miz and Bryan just underlines how underrated the former is. He's in the form of his life right now - both in terms of character, and in the ring, where he has evolved to a steady worker and a solid midcard talent.

The Miz is something increasingly rare in WWE: a genuine heel. When you get the likes of Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens being cheered, because it's deemed 'cool' to be a fan of them, it's refreshing when fans boo the Miz.

He's remarkable in terms of work-rate. He's always representing the company at events and meeting fans, like a Cena-lite. A credit to the WWE - no matter what they give him to work with (remember the Mizdow gimmick).
    Agreed 100% but my oh my has he fallen in recent years (not ability just place on the card). Promo-wise he's incredible, I'll never forget his promo before his WM main event talking about Rock and Cena saying he's not the afterthought. This week's was just another unbelievable promo
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    There's plenty of questions to be raised by the main event scene on SmackDown, though. The Miz is killing it, the tag division is revitalised, but Dean Ambrose is growing stale and his run with the belt has been largely underwhelming. Pairing him with Dolph Ziggler, who nobody could take as a serious threat, did the show no favours.

AJ needs to win the belt and breathe life into the show - and fast.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.