Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME!!! RAW main event was easily the best 4 way match I have ever seen in WWE.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Kevin Owens has finally won the main championship. The match itself was mainly carried reigns vs rolins. Big cass looked strong but got eliminated after a frog splash by KO. reigns and rollins went back and forth and reigns unded up getting the upperhand until...triple H came out of nowhere and pedigreed reigns. HHH then dragged reigns into the ring as, well as rolins and rolins covered for a 3 count. HHH then dragged owens in the ring and
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pedigreed ROLLINS!!! KO was shocked and there was a huge pop when rollins got pedigreed. KO looked completely shocked and then realised he could pin seth(I reckon kevin steen-KO's real name- only found out just before the match that he would win based on his body language and facial expressions coming out to the ring vs his usual body language)
    and KO pinned seth rollins for the 3 count
    . this was easily the best 4 way match I have ever seen in WWE and is worth watching.

steph and mick looked shocked/confused at the end of the match but the show ended with the crowd chanting you deserve it at KO)

also tonight, sasha didnt make an in-ring return but it seem that
    Spoiler:
    Show
    dana may have formed an alliance with the club (just let them use balor club already) as she teamed with them vs new day and bayley (we need bayley vs charlotte at survivor series)

the club had a good vignette about a retirement programme they started
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Octogenarian Leisre Destination For Aging Rehabilitation Treatment
    Spoiler:
    Show
    OLD FART for short

dana seriously needs to be dropped back to nxt. nia jax may actually be a better enforcer (she was eva marie's enforcer in NXT and that was a surprisingly decent move, also has potential for jax to turn on charlotte). speaking of jax, she won another squash match, as did braun strowman

neville vs jericho was boring
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and neville surprisingly lost to walls of jericho

zayn vs jinder mahal had the obvious result but wasnt that great (mahal isnt exactly a good worker and it ended quickly)

cesaro had a wasted segment which was mainly about him swinging sheamus around (and around and around and around) and the match
    Spoiler:
    Show
    sheamus won; cesaro may genuinely be injured as sheamus launched his spine into the hard part of the turnbuckle post
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The main event was great - and it was always going to be. Big Cass looked brilliant, and is surely set for a run as a singles competitor at some stage. And, if that does happen, it'd be great to have Enzo manage him.

The Fatal 4-Way was full of great spots, and for once, the climax shocked us all. I was certain Rollins was going to emerge victorious, but this ending is a clever way to keep Reigns inserted into the Rusev/US title picture and freshen up the main event scene.

Kevin Owens will be a fantastic champion, and I'd love to see Finn Balor return and compete with Owens for the Universal Championship. They've come a long way since NXT. As for the short-term, could we see Owens take on Sami Zayn - or even Chris Jericho? It was fun seeing Zayn wrestle through injury - even if it was only against Jinder
    Mahal on Monday night.

As for Rollins, he's clearly headed for a feud with Triple H. I imagine we'll get a big clash between the pair at Survivor Series. With Balor's injury, this is smart. RAW needs legitimate top babyfaces with Reigns struggling to connect (like always).

Aside from the main event and swerve ending, WWE did well to showcase Bayley and have her pick up the win for the New Day against the Club and Dana Brooke. The Club aren't a force to be reckoned with, which is a shame, because WWE's booking has them dominating The Dudley Boyz one week and losing cheaply the next.

Neville and Jericho had a fun bout, but the former is lacking direction. He needs the Cruiserweight Championship once it's introduced, in my opinion.

Likewise, Titus O'Neil and Darren Young continued the feud nobody cares about, and WWE continued their build for a Shane O'Mac vs Brock Lesnar feud with Paul Heyman/Stephanie McMahon's promo.

Braun Strowman/Nia Jax continue to run over local competitors in squash matches, but at this stage, they need to either a) move to midcarders or b) get some character development. *

Cesaro and Sheamus' best of seven series, in which Sheamus has gone 2-0 up, is clearly being constructed to elevate the former and have him spring a come back from 3-0 down.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    there is another name who could be in the frame: brock lesnar. there has been talk for a while of a feud between the 2 and the title would fit in nicely. zayn vs owens I could see in the future(give owens a few defences then zayn winning royal rumble for zayn vs owens at mania)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    there is another name who could be in the frame: brock lesnar. there has been talk for a while of a feud between the 2 and the title would fit in nicely. zayn vs owens I could see in the future(give owens a few defences then zayn winning royal rumble for zayn vs owens at mania)
    Lesnar's reportedly wrestling Orton at a live event next month, meaning his next RAW appearance could be sooner rather than later. I had a feeling they'd hold him back for the Royal Rumble, but you may be right.

ReputationRep:
    That reddit user was right. Shane returned, Owens push happened around SummerSlam, Reigns is still a face, women's division getting a bigger push, and Seth Rollins is going to cause the downfall of the Authority.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    am i the only one who thinks wwe episodes needs a dbz-like narrator for the ending of episode (summarises plot, hints at potential outcomes, tune in next time for DBZ, i mean WWE all whilst playing the bruce faulconer soundtrack)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Rumour has it WWE has no plans to incorporate del Rio back into the roster once he serves his suspension. I wonder if this could see the end of Paige with WWE, too. A huge waste if so.

ReputationRep:
    I'd pay to see KO vs Bork.

Please, it's all I wanna see right now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Balor's first feud was set to be Owens anyway, so this isn't really that much of a derailing for Creative.

Triple H vs Seth Rollins was supposed to happen at WM32, according to various reports, until the latter was injured. He now has the opportunity to be the hottest babyface in wrestling - and it's about time.

I imagine we'll see Reigns thrust back into the programme with Rusev. They have unfinished business. As for Owens? Lesnar makes complete sense.

Anybody been catching the Evolution of Punk documentary series before CM Punk's UFC debut? Three episodes in. It's really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)

Anybody been catching the Evolution of Punk documentary series before CM Punk's UFC debut? Three episodes in. It's really good.
    His fight came too late. I'll definitely watch it but the novelty of Punk has died down for me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    His fight came too late. I'll definitely watch it but the novelty of Punk has died down for me.
    Rumours suggest that may be down to UFC. Apparently they've been playing down promotion of the fight, because Punk has looked sloppy in training.

I watched a couple of videos of him sparring. He's nowhere near flexible enough.*

ReputationRep:
    Rumours suggest that may be down to UFC. Apparently they've been playing down promotion of the fight, because Punk has looked sloppy in training.

I watched a couple of videos of him sparring. He's nowhere near flexible enough.*
    I have no doubt he's going to get his ass handed to him. I'm looking forward to it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I have no doubt he's going to get his ass handed to him. I'm looking forward to it.
    37 year old vs 23 year old? Bye bye Punk.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, caught all episodes and only enhanced my support for him on a personal level and hope he succeeds in his new career. The programmes have helped me like him more in addition to the multiple interviews he's done since joining the UFC. I'm no MMA expert but in the last few episodes he seems to have trained well but again that's editing for you. On paper, Gall has the advantage but Punk's resilience and attitude can't be under-estimated and could help pull off what would be a shock win.

The Make-A-Wish segment was nice, he must have been glad it made the cut as it was one of his gripes since leaving WWE that he did as much Make-A-Wish' as Cena but not recognised by the company for it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Stopped watching this in like 2013 lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Yup, caught all episodes and only enhanced my support for him on a personal level and hope he succeeds in his new career. The programmes have helped me like him more in addition to the multiple interviews he's done since joining the UFC. I'm no MMA expert but in the last few episodes he seems to have trained well but again that's editing for you. On paper, Gall has the advantage but Punk's resilience and attitude can't be under-estimated and could help pull off what would be a shock win.

The Make-A-Wish segment was nice, he must have been glad it made the cut as it was one of his gripes since leaving WWE that he did as much Make-A-Wish' as Cena but not recognised by the company for it.
    Agree - I like Punk. His friendship with Bryan, who I also really like on a personal level, has only added to that. I hope he succeeds, we shall see. I'm just glad he's clearly happier, healthier and in a better place - and AJ seems to be doing great, too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Leaked information reveals Kevin Owens' first title match will be at Clash of Champions against Seth Rollins.

Looks like we'll have to wait for Triple H vs Rollins. Hope this doesn't mean WWE is throwing Hunter in with Roman in a bid to get Reigns over...

I'm sure it just means Roman is back feuding with Rusev, and they're saving Triple H vs Rollins for Survivor Series/Royal Rumble/even WM33.

ReputationRep:
    Leaked information reveals Kevin Owens' first title match will be at Clash of Champions against Seth Rollins.

Looks like we'll have to wait for Triple H vs Rollins. Hope this doesn't mean WWE is throwing Hunter in with Roman in a bid to get Reigns over...

I'm sure it just means Roman is back feuding with Rusev, and they're saving Triple H vs Rollins for Survivor Series/Royal Rumble/even WM33.

Triple H vs Rollins will be a great match can't wait to see that. Don't know why wwe are so persistent on getting Roman over as a face. They should try and make him into one of the biggest heels or something.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Triple H vs Rollins will be a great match can't wait to see that. Don't know why wwe are so persistent on getting Roman over as a face. They should try and make him into one of the biggest heels or something.
    Reigns will succeed as a midcard face tbh. Especially against an out-and-out heel like Rusev. It's just trying to push him as the face of the company which isn't working.

ReputationRep:
    Reigns will succeed as a midcard face tbh. Especially against an out-and-out heel like Rusev. It's just trying to push him as the face of the company which isn't working.

As a midcard face? Not to sure about that. I thinks best if he becomes a heel with the heat he has already, that shouldn't be too hard. Or just keep him as a tweener which seem to be working for him. :dontknow:

He's never gonna become the next Cena of the company lol :noway:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.