Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Oh apparently there was a PPV just now, wonder how Vince feels about everyone talking about UFC AND Punk instead.

AJ Styles is champ which is no surprise. They were only going to put the 'world' title on him if they had two titles again and made him champ of the secondary one. Hopefully we don't end up with a third 'ECW' brand where we have to pretend that champ is 'world champ' too.

Rhyno will turn on Slater, Slater will get buried some more, then he'll eventually get released. This run he's had is all creative will have thought up for him and now these professional writers will be stumped, have "nothing for him", and he'll be the one who gets sacked not them.

I don't know what else there was but I assume there was a women's title match and Becky Lynch won it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Decent PPV - but, man, I could have done without that Wyatt/Kane segment. I feel sorry for the writers, because they were dealt an extremely late blow with Orton having to withdraw through injury after he wasn't cleared in time, but surely they should be delivering something better than that segment?

Wyatt was booked poorly, and he was dismantled by an ageing Kane. Plenty of fans feel Wyatt's character has already suffered irreparable damage, and if he can't even look dominant during segments like this, then what hope does he have of being taken seriously when he's in a major programme with the likes of Cena, Orton, Ambrose, AJ et al?

Aside from that, it was a good, solid show. The first brand-specific PPV can be deemed a "success". Both tag team matches were good (the Usos have been given a new lease of life with this heel turn, and it will completely transform them) and the the pay-off with Slater/Rhyno emerging victorious with the straps was absolutely the right decision. I do agree with Ozzy, though. This Slater run is just the 2016 version of Mizdow, but it's good to see WWE capitalising on it by giving them the straps. We're obviously gearing up for a Rhyno turn, but after that, god knows what they'll do with Slater. I imagine it'll be back to the random Main Event and Superstars appearances, and jobbing to mid carders. In the short-term: who do they feud with? The Usos and American Alpha are going to go toe-to-toe, the Hype Bros are faces, so that leaves the Vaudevillians (hardly stellar opposition), The Ascension (please no) or Breezango (more likely imho).

The pre-show was pretty good, too. Renee Young is probably the best presenter WWE have ever had, and it was good to see Crews go up against Corbin. Creative has failed in giving them decent programmes/feuds since being drafted to SmackDown, but it was an enjoyable bout and made sure they featured as part of the first SmackDown PPV.

Aside from that, there were no surprises: The Miz correctly retained and Becky Lynch and AJ Styles were the correct decisions for both titles, with the latter the hottest thing in wrestling right now and Dean growing stale by the day. Ambrose needs a heel turn, in truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    I rest my case.

Moving on...

You talk sh*t about me to other people and call me a f*cking Paedophile to other members and say I'm derailing the thread when I f*cking stand up against that!?

You evil manipulative sh*tstain.

"Hey, let's bully this guy and make sure other people don't talk to him, omg, how dare he not just shut up and take it, he's derailing the thread".

ReputationRep:
    Holy **** Booker T throwing shade at Punk. Never seen him so bitter.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Contrasting reactions to Punk's loss from WWE stars: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/11...unks-ufc-debut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Holy **** Booker T throwing shade at Punk. Never seen him so bitter.
    He's just having fun, he was revelling in 'calling it' and I think we all called it. It reminded me of "BATISTA IS DOWN. BATISTA IS DOWN. BATISTA IS DOWN. BATISTA IS DOWN".
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Cena set to feature at the next SmackDown PPV, apparently, and tomorrow night's show. So, you'd imagine he'll be shoehorned into the Ambrose vs AJ feud, before Cena takes a long hiatus from the company to shoot his new film, allowing Ambrose and AJ to have a deciding match at Survivor Series.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Man, this Jericho run is him at his best. He has never, never been so entertaining. His whole shtick is so over at the minute, and the Highlight Reel made RAW last night. It's so smart to pair him up with Sami Zayn, owing to Jericho's current alignment with Kevin Owens and Zayn's history with the champion. They will have stellar matches, it gives Zayn something to do going forward after he was missed off the last PPV card, and the segments will be entertaining.

Bo Dallas continues to run over jobbers in a Braun Strowman-esque way, but I can see the fans tiring of this shtick quickly. Speaking of which, has anybody seen the video of Dallas being arrested for public intoxication at the airport last week? Very funny.

Cesaro got back to 3-2 in the best of seven series, and Sheamus was booked strongly and lost when Cesaro ran his feet on the ropes. That's smart booking, too, and will hopefully see Sheamus become naturally more aggressive before we have the crunch match at Clash of Champions, following Cesaro inevitably drawing level in the contest.

Speaking of Clash of Champions, it's absolutely the right choice to have Roman Reigns go back up against Rusev. The Bulgarian ruined the Big Dog's chances last night, costing him a spot in the Universal Championship match, and that makes sense. Owens and Rollins - after the Triple H swerve - deserve to have a long-running feud for the strap together, before we get a Rollins vs HHH match once Balor returns. Until then, keep Reigns in the midcard and have him work well with Rusev. There's two booking options for the pair at the PPV: Rusev either wins dirty, thus cementing his place as one of the top heels in the company and making the audience have sympathy for Reigns. The alternative is Reigns wins the strap, and lends instant credibility to the championship.

RAW was a bit of a non entity after that... Enzo lost to one of the Shining Stars, obviously hinting at a match between both tag-teams at Clash of Champions, while Jinder Mahal beat Jack Swagger (yes, really) and the women opened the show. The New Day and the Club continued their long-running feud, but there was none of the farcical joking of last week, and the humour wasn't evident which can only be seen as a positive.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Easily the worst RAW episode since the Brand Split and Draft, to be honest.

The first segment offered little and showcased even less, with Roman Reigns a notoriously poor talker on the mic and the segment far too Foley orientated. I appreciated the set-up for the night's matches, but they disappointed in truth. Rollins and Rusev were both protected, quite sensibly, but the in-ring action underwhelmed.

We had two squash matches - Braun Strowman and Bo Dallas respectively - and these were just continuations of previous angles, with nothing new whatsoever. What was more disappointing was the Jericho segment, which started fantastically back-stage but descended into haphazard madness once in the ring. It was such a shame, because WWE reverted to type and booked a five-man tag-team match, which was bogged down by too many superstars competing (Enzo and Cass, The New Day and Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho, The Shining Stars and The Club). The Shining Stars gimmick is the worst thing I've ever seen.

Foley introduced the new Raw cruiserweight division and that segment was good, with Rich Swann vs. Gran Metalik vs. Cedric Alexander vs. Brian Kendrick in a bid to face TJ Perkins for the cruiserweight title at Clash of Champions. The in-ring action was stellar, for the only time on Monday night, while Cesaro and Sheamus also impressed as they tied their best-of-seven series. It's just a shame the ending was obvious.

I have no idea why Owens lost the main event to Reigns, because it makes no sense, but it follows WWE's long-running formula of booking their champions poorly. The overlapping of the Rusev/Reigns angle with the Universal Championship scene is doing none of the four competitors favours, either.

ReputationRep:
    Jericho has confirmed the Brock story is actually true and he's a ****ing 12 year old mark.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Probably the poorest week of since the Draft this week, to be honest. SmackDown Live was pretty weak in general, despite the quality of the Ambrose vs Cena bout. The former looks revitalised with this new tweener persona, but I can do without the glorified squash matches which Randy Orton and Baron Corbin enjoyed against Erick Rowan and Apollo Crews respectively.

Predictions for Clash of Champions:

Nia Jax def. Alicia Fox
    T.J. Perkins def. The Brian Kendrick for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
    Cesaro def. Sheamus in match 7 of the best-of-seven series
    Sami Zayn def. Chris Jericho
    Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson def. The New Day for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championships
    Charlotte def. Sasha Banks and Bayley for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
    Rusev def. Roman Reigns for the WWE United States Championship
    Kevin Owens def. Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Goldberg rumoured to return at Clash of Champions.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, similar rumours at Summerslam. Would make sense he would return to RAW but thought he'd return bit later in the year nearing WrestleMania

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm really liking the cruiserweight division the matchs are incredible. I'm glad they decided to bring it back
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Can't see it, personally. Hope Triple H returns to cost Rollins again, though. The latter is a babyface in the eyes of the crowd but he needs to cement that a little further, in my view. All rumours suggest the New Day are dropping the belts to the Club, too, which is perhaps unsurprising. The New Day have enjoyed a heck of a run and are probably in danger of growing stale, while the Club have been brought in by WWE on huge money and (despite poor booking) are probably the only alternative team to boast the straps, because Enzo and Big Cass are over but are firm babyfaces, as well as the New Day.

Hopefully the Club go over and begin to be booked stronger by Creative. Have them feud with Enzo and Cass, allow the New Day to implode somehow, and give Big E a singles run.

ReputationRep:
    I missed today's program. Too much biology work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    I missed today's program. Too much biology work.
    You like wrestling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    You like wrestling?
    Yup. Me and my dad watch it together
    I hate Stephanie she's just a b****.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Steph vs Triple H - if WWE Creative had the balls and commitment to do it - could be such a hot angle. Imagine Team Steph vs Team HHH at Survivor Series.

Any early predictions for this year's traditional Survivor Series 5-on-5 match-ups? Looks like we're gearing up towards Team Bryan vs Team Miz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    You like wrestling?
    No, she likes to watch shows she hates.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2017
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.