Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Believe it or not, WWE just spoiled something by accident. Someone have that WCW checklist yet?:

Spoiler:
    Show
    WWE just spoiled Orton's returning by 27th Jan (the SD taping that's also been cancelled). So one would assume he was due to return tonight, thus you expect he'll return next week.

There was a WWE advert in the last break advertising a Smackdown taping, listing stars including Orton and the date was 27th Jan.

And yes, they're totally editing the Rumble crowd.

Also, Cena and Rusev get into a massive fight to start their feud:

Cena v Rusev is the first confirmed match of fast lane. No promos yet, no hype yet, just... Announced.

I wouldnt be surprised if they edit the commentaryto sound all happy and cheery as if they couldnt hear the crowd.

Fact of the matter is nearlly all WWE fans know how bad it was, its just all the little kiddies who have no clue and think theyre actualy punching each other that spoil it (in a way because if theyre around they will buy the dvds merch etc regardless)

ReputationRep:
    Cena vs Rusev. Please don't let it continue over to Wrestlemania... Perfect star to take Rusev (and win) would be Ziggler

Orton is pretty much nailed on to feud with Rollins after the way he was taken out, and I don't see him winning either (shame)

Almost guaranteed that Sting will fight HHH. I'm really hoping it isn't a "Vince vs Hunter" feud over power thing. Would be quite smart if it was Sting avenging WCW and blaming the McMahons for it's fall.

Why have they decided to destroy Kane? Even in team hell no he was a decent character on the roster but now he's not really any more influential then Rollins' bodyguards..

I'm not writing off Reigns vs Lesnar. Brian had his Wrestlemania moment last year so there's no reason for the crowd to sabotage Reigns's push, even if he is no where near as good as Brian was at the time. He's not a bad wrestler at all and I think he could put out a decent match vs Lesnar. I would have preferred Brian to win the rumble and have the whole "David vs Goliath" saga, but apart from Bryan I don't see anyone else who should be in this match (Rollins is not believable yet). It's quite hypocritical that the fans wanted WWE to push new talent over veterans for years and years and now that a new guy is getting a Wrestlemania to get over instead of someone like say Orton, Cena or etc.... they're booing.

Fact is WWE fans will never be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Surely they should offer refunds for the PPV if they're showing the entirety of it on RAW
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Rusev-Cena will be great imo - until it ends in a burial.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just not into rusev at all. Very one dimension character

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I'm just not into rusev at all. Very one dimension character

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't get me wrong, without Lana I'd be so uninterested.

The Reigns-Lesnar promo was actually pretty strong last night.

ReputationRep:
    Feel sorry for Reigns. Looks like Vince has already accepted that he'll receive the same reception as Cena's been getting for so many years now. Although, it happened to Cena much deeper into his babyface run than Reigns, probably because Cena has a lot more talent that Reigns, and possibly due to changes in the dynamics of live crowds. Pretty sure Vince will follow through on Reigns, he'll beat Brock one on one at Mania, and I doubt there'll be a cash-in on the night. But, to send the crowd home happy, it won't be the main event. If Brock is leaving for UFC straight after Mania, I reckon the match could turn out to be like Lesnar-Goldberg.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Feel sorry for Reigns. Looks like Vince has already accepted that he'll receive the same reception as Cena's been getting for so many years now. Although, it happened to Cena much deeper into his babyface run than Reigns, probably because Cena has a lot more talent that Reigns, and possibly due to changes in the dynamics of live crowds. Pretty sure Vince will follow through on Reigns, he'll beat Brock one on one at Mania, and I doubt there'll be a cash-in on the night. But, to send the crowd home happy, it won't be the main event. If Brock is leaving for UFC straight after Mania, I reckon the match could turn out to be like Lesnar-Goldberg.
    Agreed.

Reigns is by no means a bad wrestler - all this "limited move-set" talk is really harsh on him. He's no great talker, of course, but he shouldn't have to be. That's not what he is. He's best looking badass and not talking much. He's still pretty green in the ring, but he's got the looks and the athleticism.

He'll obviously never be the crowd's number one babyface now, and he seemed pretty resigned to that fact in the promo last night. It's tough for WWE - because last year everyone could see Reigns' potential, but they've forced him too hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Don't get me wrong, without Lana I'd be so uninterested.

The Reigns-Lesnar promo was actually pretty strong last night.
    Because it's a decent story line, and it'll be a decent match. Sick of all this D Bryan bull**** that he has to be the centre point of absolutely everything. He's had a shot and he'll have another.

Reigns is only 29, and has so much ceiling to improve both on and off the mic. He also has a legitimate look, nothing OTT like Ryback and not small like Ziggler either. I doubt they'd treat the match like they did with Goldberg/Lesnar though. Seeing as both superstars were leaving it wasn't such a big deal, but this match is to set up the stage for Reigns so they have to make it look good. I'm liking what they're doing with the whole Samoan angle. I think the Rock will rub off well with Reigns.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Reigns is only 29, and has so much ceiling to improve both on and off the mic. He also has a legitimate look, nothing OTT like Ryback and not small like Ziggler either. I doubt they'd treat the match like they did with Goldberg/Lesnar though. Seeing as both superstars were leaving it wasn't such a big deal, but this match is to set up the stage for Reigns so they have to make it look good. I'm liking what they're doing with the whole Samoan angle. I think the Rock will rub off well with Reigns.
    Would never happen for obvious reasons, but would make total storyline sense for Lesnar to ****ing destroy The Rock at some point before Mania.

They'd never let The Great One look weak these days, but would be a cool throwback o 02 is Lesnar hit him with an F5 before Reigns eventually bettered him at WM31.

If they don't go with Lesnar-Reigns as the Mania main event, you'd have to say that Sting-HHH is the only other logical option.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Na na na na, na na na na, heeeeyyyyy, goooodbyyeeee
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This time last year: "Reigns should have won the Rumble, man! WWE buries new talent! Boo Batista!"

This year: "Reigns wins the Rumble? Ridiculous! He's got no mic skills and he's not ready!"
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    WWE 24 look really good

ReputationRep:
    Reigns isn't even that bad on the mic. He has natural charisma. He should be a man of few words, surely Vince can see that his scripts aren't working on him. Right?

I like the Cena-Rusev feud. Obviously Cena will beat him at Mania (their match at Fast-Lane will either be a controversial Rusev win or not even start, with Rusev beating down Cena before it even begins) but Cena will get a decent match out of Rusev. Plus the Cena-Lana exchanges will be fun.

On Daniel Bryan, it made no sense to have him return for the Rumble. All it did was add to the anger of the live crowd. Well, they were ready to boo Reigns however he won the match, but having Bryan eliminated so early fueled that anger. There was no need for him to return early. Should have just returned after Fast Lane and started his Mania program.

(Original post by AR_95)
    x
    The reason I think it'll be like Goldberg-Lesnar is because out of Lesnar and Reigns, Lesnar's the one that's going to be cheered by the crowd. If it turns out he's leaving, they're both going to be hated, and they'll **** all over the match. Did you see the interview with Rock and Reigns after the Rumble? Was painful. Rock was shaken up. Confirms that Rock was shaken up a few times by Cena in the build-up to WM28 too, when people thought he was deliberately being crappy on the mic to get Cena more over.

ReputationRep:
    Another Bryan Kane match on Smackdown... Yawn :yawn:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    And its a casket match. Thats for undertaker.

Like an inferno match without kane.. wtf?

ReputationRep:
    A casket match though so atleast not a standard one on one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Casket match is decent, though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Reigns isn't even that bad on the mic. He has natural charisma. He should be a man of few words, surely Vince can see that his scripts aren't working on him. Right?

I like the Cena-Rusev feud. Obviously Cena will beat him at Mania (their match at Fast-Lane will either be a controversial Rusev win or not even start, with Rusev beating down Cena before it even begins) but Cena will get a decent match out of Rusev. Plus the Cena-Lana exchanges will be fun.

On Daniel Bryan, it made no sense to have him return for the Rumble. All it did was add to the anger of the live crowd. Well, they were ready to boo Reigns however he won the match, but having Bryan eliminated so early fueled that anger. There was no need for him to return early. Should have just returned after Fast Lane and started his Mania program.

The reason I think it'll be like Goldberg-Lesnar is because out of Lesnar and Reigns, Lesnar's the one that's going to be cheered by the crowd. If it turns out he's leaving, they're both going to be hated, and they'll **** all over the match. Did you see the interview with Rock and Reigns after the Rumble? Was painful. Rock was shaken up. Confirms that Rock was shaken up a few times by Cena in the build-up to WM28 too, when people thought he was deliberately being crappy on the mic to get Cena more over.
    Reigns desperately needs to stay as silent as possible. He doesn't need to talk to be over. He just needs to be badass and beat people.

Cena and Rusev is such a natural pairing given the latter's ascent. In truth, his streak has to end at some point and it makes sense (love him or hate him) for Cena to be the one to do it at Mania.

Totally agree about Bryan, too. They should have held him back with Orton.

I genuinely think a Rollins cash-in will be cheered if Reigns was to beat Lesnar on the night of WM31. Rollins is such a ****ing star. Nobody is talking enough about that triple threat match due to the woeful Rumble match itself, but Rollins took on two of WWE's most iconic men of the last decade and raised them. He was the reason that match was so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Because it's a decent story line, and it'll be a decent match. Sick of all this D Bryan bull**** that he has to be the centre point of absolutely everything. He's had a shot and he'll have another.
    I completely agree with you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.