Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    - Brock Lesnar draw with Goldberg after double countout with a table spot or 10 count where they both don't get up or something. (But really we know Lesnar beats Goldberg)

- Team men Raw def Smackdown 'cause I saw Taker say Smackdown had to win or he'd go on a rampage.

- Team women Raw def. Smackdown, 'cause Charlotte will leave Bayley on her own or something and she'll OVERCOME THE ODDS

- Team SmackDown def. Raw to balance it out and get Smackdown all cocky before they lose momentum.

- The Miz def. Sami Zayn for the Intercontinental Championship because Miz always wins

- Kalisto def. Kendrick for the Cruiserweight Championship because I'm guessing they like Kalisto and Kendrick isn't at full power yet until he shaves, comes out in that white jacket with a big black bodyguard behind him.

ReputationRep:

Although it says a lot about how little Vince thinks of his company. First a 'legit' UFC guy comes in and squashes all the 'fake' fighters, even legends and up-and-comers, then a retired WCW guy comes in and squashes that guy. What a top company! :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

What the hell just happened there

ReputationRep:
    On the sole basis of how unpredictable that match was, I'll take it.

ReputationRep:
    what are some dream bouts you saw or wish they had been?

me: wish there was goldberg vs rhyno.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A very, very weird show.

For a start, the pre-show was an absolute joke. Two hours long. You even got a sense that Renee, King, Booker and Lita thought there was no way they could drag it out and make it interesting.

The pre-show bouts were largely redundant and throwaway. It's a joke and very disappointing that superstars like Baron Corbin, Neville and Dolph Ziggler didn't get a chance to compete, instead giving the six-man cruiserweight match an airing for the second pre-show in a row, which was fun and highlighted each wrestler, with high-flying spots and decent lucha libre-style antics, but the character development is non-existent and the 205 Live show can't come quick enough. Swann surely needs to be the next challenger to Kendrick. Similarly, the Kane gimmick is stale at this point - so I have no idea why he is getting a win over Luke Harper.

For what it's worth, the Kendrick and Miz matches absolutely got the right finishes. The cruiserweight division would be better off on SmackDown, and while Kalisto impressed me last night, I think Kendrick is the right man to hold the belt right now - so, by default, the division should stay on RAW.

And as great as a Sami Zayn win would have been in his hometown, the Miz has only had the belt a matter of days and he - in my view, anyway - has been a breakout star of 2016. Special attention needs to be given to Maryse, who keeps finding new, clever ways to cheat for her man. Hopefully something can be worked out so Zayn can transfer to the blue brand and compete for the Miz's IC title long-term.

The Jericho and Owens segment in the social media lounge was incredibly fun, and it was good to see those two bring their humour into the main traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series bout. Both men did brilliantly, Owens getting DQed and Jericho obsessing over the list, and it was a brilliantly crafted match from all superstars involved. I cannot believe it lasted one hour - it seemed much, much quicker, because that's how much fun I was having.

Orton was the veteran who glued the match together, and it made sense for him and Wyatt to stick around long-term. Wyatt actually got a meaningful pin on a PPV, something to cherish, and I'm so glad they didn't book Reigns in a Cena-lite fashion, overcoming both Wyatt and Orton and getting the win for RAW. The win validates SmackDown, and it was absolutely the right call. The mini-Shield reunion was excellent, as was Reigns' spear on Shane O'Mac. Shout out to Orton, too. After Shane was taken backstage, Orton apparently took time to reassure Shane's kids at ringside. Classy.

In general, the utilisation of each wrestler and giving them time to share the spotlight was done much better here than the other two Survivor Series bouts. Strowman came across incredibly impressively, too. In truth, the match didn't really give us anything new - Rollins and Reigns still have Owens and Jericho in their sights, there was no Jericho/Owens implosion, or Wyatt/Orton implosion, and the rivalry between Styles and Ambrose is continuing through TLC.

Speaking of a lack of dissension, it was a surprise to see Cesaro/Sheamus outlast the other teams in the 10-on-10 Tag Team Elimination Match. I actually could have done without that match, because it was largely poor, with too many redundant teams involved.

Who thought it would be a good idea to take the most popular tag team in the company out of the match almost immediately?
    The New Day are close to breaking the title reign length record in a few weeks and they were captains of their brand's team, yet they didn't even outlast The Shining Stars. Likewise, American Alpha found themselves sent back early. For what it's worth, though, I love Breezango. We need more Breezango. The Club got a good couple of eliminations - something I'm really pleased about.

As for the main event... where do you start? Imagine if you'd bought the Network specifically for that. It was an absolute cop-out. Yes, I understand Goldberg wasn't physically ready for a 30 minute match with Lesnar. I realise that nobody wants to see that. I realise that everybody just wants to see an F5, or a spear, or a jackhammer, and the Goldberg entrance, and Lesnar entrance, and the two beast staring down at each other. And, yes, the ending was a swerve, a surprise and got everybody talking... but I'm massively disappointed. Have Lesnar beat the streak, and have Lesnar lose to a near 50-year-old Goldberg. Christ.

ReputationRep:
    the shield reunion was epic. Brock/goldberg match was garbage as expected
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    If I was Goldberg, I would say thanks and retire and call that my last match. In a way, the whole return and Goldberg's role has been scripted perfectly. Short, sweet and intense.

From the full video I saw of the squash, Goldberg was rusty and so it made sense to book it that way. A 15min match would have killed the momentum and fans might have crapped on it. This resulted in a shock ending and it sufficiently met the needs of Goldberg's skills.

Rumours are this could all be setting up Lesnar v Goldberg III at Mania with a build-up at the Rumble but honestly, if you are in Goldberg's shoes and you've fulfilled your dream of being in the ring one time to a) have your son see you perform and b) extinguish the memory of the dour WMXX match then why have one more match which will be longer and it might be rubbish?

He's had his moment, better time than ever to retire.

As for Lesnar, he's good mates with Goldberg so he won't have begrudged him a big, dominant victory. Also, with the negative publicity his failed drugs test maybe had with the company, it might have been a nuanced punishment, maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Goldberg is appearing on RAW tonight - and he's also set to feature at the Royal Rumble, according to reports.

In other news, Shane O'Mac was legitimately injured after that spear from Roman Reigns - so it was good he dived out and got some treatment backstage. That was probably my favourite spot of the night.

I wonder if we'll see a Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose situation further down the line. Of course, Taker told Team SmackDown to win - and said they would face ramifications if they didn't. Ambrose's turn on AJ Styles, helping Reigns and Seth Rollins to triple powerbomb him through the table as part of a mini-Shield reunion, may make the Deadman set his sights on Ambrose.

I'd love Ambrose to turn heel.

ReputationRep:
    Sasha Banks <3

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter how popular Goldberg is, if he wins the Royal Rumble match, he'll be boo'd out of the building.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Goldberg is back for the Rumble, then. A good opening segment to RAW last night - and, if I was WWE, I'd have Goldberg enter number one or two, with Lesnar the other number.

There was some good in-ring action last night - namely the Sheamus/Cesaro vs the New Day bout. The latter are really stale right now, but they picked up a well need victory after being eliminated from the 10-on-10 Survivor Series tag-team bout early on Sunday night. Kofi rolled up Cesaro to claim the victory, in a really good bout, and hopefully we'll see more of that and see Sheamus/Cesaro eventually win the title.

Elsewhere, the Club - a team who have devalued by constant losses - beat the Golden Truth in what had to be the most redundant match of Monday night, while Rusev trampled Enzo Amore, a result which does the latter no favours, considering how poorly he and Big Cass have been booked. To be honest, the red brand tag division has disappointed massively since the Brand Extension/Draft. But it's good to see Rusev so dominant.

Sami Zayn took a beating from Braun Strowman, too, and the latter comes out of this looking like the unstoppable monster—a beast of a man, while Zayn, heading for a pay-per-view showdown with Strowman, can exhibit his Underdog from the Underground shtick more. Sensible booking all round. Hopefully we're heading for a Big Cass vs Rusev feud, too. Think of the promos between Lana and Enzo!

WWE continued to promote the upcoming 205 Live debut, booking a Triple Threat No. 1 Contender's match between Rich Swann, Noam Dar and T.J. Perkins. The former is easily the most charismatic member of the cruiserweight division, but the entire division is stale right now and needs character development. The main crowd at RAW events just don't seem to be interested. If I was WWE, I'd be tempted to remove them from both brands, giving them the 205 Live show, and then occasionally appearing on RAW/SmackDown and PPVs with a title bout.

The main event - Kevin Owens vs Seth Rollins - was just outstanding. A fun, intense brawl which spread across the arena from two of the company's best workers. And the former got a well-needed win, with the help of Chris Jericho, after the pair delivered a fantastic segment earlier in the night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    If I was Goldberg, I would say thanks and retire and call that my last match.
    If I was Goldberg, Brock or whoever else, I would take the ****ing money.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    If I was Goldberg, Brock or whoever else, I would take the ****ing money.
    Samoa Joe tweeted: "New target in my sights" or something along those lines, perhaps hinting at a future Joe/Goldberg or Joe/Lesnar programme.

I'd welcome that, to be honest.

Lesnar got paid something like £400+k for appearing at Survivor Series - all for 1 minute and 16 seconds work.

ReputationRep:
    So Goldberg is staying. He's not going to get a title run as there's no feasible challenger for him to face from the new crop of guys atm, so I'd be surprised if this wasn't leading up to Goldberg v Lesnar III. Lesnar/Heyman will probably disappear until the Rumble when they eliminate Goldberg and set up the Mania match. WWE naturally want to capitalise but I would have assumed, from a personal perspective, that Goldberg would be happy to hang his boots but he's maybe being getting excitable of being back in front of an audience and that's driving him to continue. Of course, he's probably getting paid big bucks but he's hardly skint himself.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Punk has hinted a UFC announcement is coming...

ReputationRep:
    **** Samoa Joe having a match with Lesnar or Goldberg.

ReputationRep:
    What a joke

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    What a joke

Joe's a beast tbf

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.