Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Punk has hinted a UFC announcement is coming...
    I heard his interview today, and was surprised Dana hadn't said to him what he told media after Punk's loss, that his MMA career would not be at the UFC. Punk seems determined to continue his career whether it's with the company or not but if it's, I'd imagine he'll be on a card next year not as prominent.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I heard his interview today, and was surprised Dana hadn't said to him what he told media after Punk's loss, that his MMA career would not be at the UFC. Punk seems determined to continue his career whether it's with the company or not but if it's, I'd imagine he'll be on a card next year not as prominent.
    Looks like he'll have a second UFC fight: http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome....google.co.uk/

Not a good idea imho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    What a joke

UFC itself has proven that size and fat doesn't really matter that much.

ReputationRep:
    How do people think the Goldberg thing will play out? I think it would be too much to ask but I'd like to see:
    Goldberg enters the rumble, destroying all in his path, then Lesnar gets involved and just beats the **** out of him and gets him eliminated. Sets up a rematch for Wrestlmania, but then Taker gets involved and it becomes a triple threat. I have no idea how feasible that is but my gawwwd id be stoked

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll enter Goldberg at around 28. He'll have to win it. It could then set up Goldberg-Styles at Wrestlemania.

(Original post by The Wavefunction)
    How do people think the Goldberg thing will play out? I think it would be too much to ask but I'd like to see:
    Goldberg enters the rumble, destroying all in his path, then Lesnar gets involved and just beats the **** out of him and gets him eliminated. Sets up a rematch for Wrestlmania, but then Taker gets involved and it becomes a triple threat. I have no idea how feasible that is but my gawwwd id be stoked
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Kalisto vs Baron Corbin in a Chairs match is something I don't want to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    WWE like to do it in threes and recycle old stuff, so most likely scenario is an already-eliminated or non-participating Lesnar eliminates Goldberg just like in their feud last time. And says he doesn't give a **** about his kids.

If Lesnar F5s his kid, that would be gold!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    If Lesnar F5s his kid, that would be gold!
    The question I had after Survivor Series: why was Goldberg's kid topless?

ReputationRep:
    I had that same exact thought. Like why are you getting topless for?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Really good instalment of RAW - with a nice couple of throwbacks, including the parking lot brawl between Seth Rollins and Chis Jericho, and the bar room brawl between Cesaro/Sheamus. WWE is smartly harnessing the tension and chemistry between Cesaro and Sheamus. I'm really excited about their alignment - and I reckon they'll be the team to defeat the New Day for their titles.

The New Day are in need of freshening up now, it must be said. They retained their titles on Monday night - against the Club - courtesy of Xavier Woods cheating. They are still wonderfully entertaining with the mic, and they are stellar in the ring, but they've been babyfaces for a year now, and after going past Demolition's title reign record, what's left for them?

We're clearly geared up for a Rollins vs Jericho and Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns bout at Roadblock: End of the Line, as it has been advertised. Both are decent, fresh feuds - we're clearly biding time until the Jericho/Owens implosion (which won't be long now, judging on the tension they displayed during the opening segment with Reigns and then later backstage) and a Rollins vs Triple H programme. We saw Reigns defeat Owens to earn an opportunity in a very good bout, but the wise-cracking Reigns we saw earlier in the night is a worrying sign WWE is still clueless as to what to do with him.

Elsewhere, Braun Strowman plowed through R-Truth in a hurry. Sami Zayn rushed in to save him, before Mick Foley hurried in to prevent Strowman from tearing Zayn apart. Zayn then berated Foley for getting in his way. That was decent character development - but, worryingly, that thing is lacking in the cruiserweights still. We saw Tony Nese defeat Cedric Alexander in the latter's hometown, with WWE clearly gearing up for a Alicia Fox/Alexander alignment. Elsewhere, Rich Swann defeated Noam Dar and is clearly next in line to face Brian Kendrick. The pair squared off backstage and Alexander reminded the champion he has already beaten him twice.

We also saw Rusev squash Enzo, before Big Cass saved the babyface and stared down the Bulgarian Brute. There needs to be something done with Rusev, because he is consistently portrayed as a heel, but he routinely displays face behaviour - bravery, chivalry. He's protecting his wife at the end of the day. The Enzo promo - as usual - was the best thing about his performance.
    The night ended with Sasha Banks defeating Charlotte to regain the WWE RAW Women;s Championship, after Paul Heyman sat down with Michael Cole and absolutely KILLED it on the mic. I can't wait for more Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg.

ReputationRep:
    Only recently was I beginning to think that Paul was overusing the same promos for Brock before every PPV, and was becoming a tad bit stale. Last night he was excellent though and it's a nice change to show that Brock is actually human.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    TLC this weekend - and American Alpha face the Wyatt Family tonight for the right to go up against Slater and Rhyno for the straps this Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame they'll have Goldberg/Lesnar at the end of the RR - I guess - but why not do something fresh and announce both of them 1 and 2 picks and let them start it off, before they mingle with the rest and return in the middle to finish off their battle. Thus gives the final spots and ending to guys who will be in the main event. But fully expect Goldberg to eliminate Lesnar, who will be distraught before it's 2004 Rumble again with the sneaky elimination of Goldberg.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    It's a shame they'll have Goldberg/Lesnar at the end of the RR - I guess - but why not do something fresh and announce both of them 1 and 2 picks and let them start it off, before they mingle with the rest and return in the middle to finish off their battle. Thus gives the final spots and ending to guys who will be in the main event. But fully expect Goldberg to eliminate Lesnar, who will be distraught before it's 2004 Rumble again with the sneaky elimination of Goldberg.
    Completely agree.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Really solid episode of SmackDown, I felt. The James Ellsworth stuff is really, really old now - but I loved AJ Styles delivering the Styles Clash to him, and the intensity Dean Ambrose showed in his promo before the pair ended the broadcast by brawling back-stage.

The Miz and Dolph Ziggler's feud, as well as Kalisto's and Baron Corbin's feud, was shoehorned into a tag-team match and we saw both feuds extend a little further, with a good showcase of weapons by Corbin before TLC. There was the odd misstep - Kane beating Luke Harper makes no sense in 2016, but I can forgive it if that means Randy Orton wins Bray Wyatt's affection more than Harper (the Wyatt Famly beat American Alpha in the main event to seal a spot against Rhyno and Heath Slater for the SmackDown tag team straps this Sunday) and Harper splits from the stable.

205 Live was exceptional. It did more for the cruiserweight division in one hour than the entire stint they've had on RAW. We saw Rich Swann defeat Brian Kendrick for the strap, after some decent action which saw Jack Gallagher beat Daviari, the Bollywood Boys defeat Drew Gulak and Tony Nese, who both put in stellar performances.

This was a good way to kick off the first episode. The fans might not have been as vocal as they were during the CWC, but it will take time for new superstars to get over. I do question the logic of touring the show on the road, though. A set-up like NXT - with it being broadcast from Full Sail - makes more sense. I also question the sense of having it straight after SmackDown. After all, that means fans wait two hours for Talking Smack, which is easily the best thing in WWE right now.

But Kendrick dropping the strap on the first episode is a smart move - and it's obvious Swann is good enough to carry the division. Ending the first show with a title change is a good way to create some hype for 205 Live, and the main event closed the episode on a high note.

The Miz presented Talking Smack last night and it was just excellent.

ReputationRep:
    This will develop the characters of Heyman and Lesnar no end, as they spiral trying to deal with the loss.

Next promo: "My name is Paul Heyman... and I have an alcohol problem."
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Heyman's attention to detail is incredible. He's like a method actor.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for TLC:

- Baron Corbin def. Kalisto in a Chairs Match.
    - Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton def. Rhyno and Heath Slater for the WWE SmackDown Tag-Team Championships.
    - Carmella def. Nikki Bella.
    - Becky Lynch def. Alexa Bliss for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship.
    - The Miz def. Dolph Ziggler in a Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
    - AJ Styles def. Dean Ambrose in a TLC match for the WWE World Championship.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Undertaker.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Quite a middle of the road PPV last night, really. The pre-show was pretty much a non-entity, with the Hype Bros, American Alpha and Apollo Crews picking up the win against The Ascension, the Vaudevillians and Curt Hawkins in a five-on-five tag-team match. It was good Gable and Jordan got the pin, but they deserve to be on the main card really, as do the Usos.

Hopefully, we'll see American Alpha challenge Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt now, after they picked up the straps by beating Heath Slater and Rhyno in the tag team match for the championships. It was a quick opening bout, at around five minutes, but Wyatt definitely needs gold after debuting in 2010 and never carrying a belt. It makes sense to delay the Randy Orton turn, too. I'm really pleased they'll carry the tag division for a while now. The Slater fairytale has been stale since he won the belts with Rhyno.

The Chairs match - between Kalisto and Baron Corbin - impressed me much more than I expected. Both styles gelled really well, with Corbin acting as a grappler/brawler and Kalisto really impressing with some high octane luchador spots. Hopefully this means the end of the feud. It'll be good to see Corbin move higher up the card and battle with another babyface, with Kalisto put into the cruiserweight division and given a chance to impress on 205 Live.

The IC title bout disappointed me a little. It was slow and sluggish, but the ending was absolutely on the money - the Miz has been the superstar of the year for me, bar AJ Styles, and deserves to carry the strap into 2017. The constant needle between him and Daniel Bryan is also enjoyable, and his appearance on Talking Smack post-PPV was great to see. It doesn't make a lot of sense to constantly tease this feud, though, because going forward, Bryan has no chance of wrestling.

We also saw James Ellsworth - who I'm thoroughly bored of - turn heel, attacking Dean Ambrose and costing him the championship. The match itself was brilliant. 30 minutes of really good wrestling. Ambrose brought his A-game just as it looked like he was coasting and wrestling within himself, while AJ Styles shone yet again. It's time for Ambrose to move on now, maybe a feud with Corbin awaits? I'd love to see Styles and Undertaker go at it through the Royal Rumble and onto WM33, too.

ReputationRep:
    TLC ticked boxes for me, generally I thought it was a good show.

Positives:

- AJ Styles retaining over Dean Ambrose; Potential feud between Undertaker and Styles would be brilliant to see.

- Alexa Bliss winning the Smackdown Women's champion was a great move. Props to Becky Lynch for a good reign, Bliss deserves it though.

- Perhaps creative may see the light with Randy Orton part of the Wyatt Family, it can absolutely work for me. Have them feud with American Alpha.

- Baron Corbin winning was a must! As someone noted earlier have him face Ambrose. Or better yet have him face John Cena at the Rumble however I do hope to see Corbin in the Rumble match.

- The Miz proves why he is so underrated! solid match against Dolph Ziggler. Now really push The Miz's title reign right up until Wrestlemania. (find suitable opponent to take title from him at WM 33)

Negatives:
    - Nikki Bella defeating Carmella does not benefit either, essentially. Nikki does not need the momentum on her side compared to Carmella. She displayed such charisma during the feud and has really progressed, Carmella should have won IMO.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.