Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me the Kenny Omega thing.. Did he have some sort of great match cause I seen on Youtube that Wrestletalktv had some sort of debate saying Omega vs some other dude was the best wrestling match ever, even better than Taker vs Micheals at WM..

Also I think Taker should win the Rumble and the last 6 being Lesnar, Goldberg, Taker, Cena, Rollins and Orton with Taker winning. But during the match him and Taker face up and have a go. Then Cena wins title and faces Taker at WM. But Reigns wins the Raw title and faces Goldberg and Lesnar at WM. This would make fan kinda like Reigns again as he's facing one of the 2 best wrestlers in the world with Goldberg pinning Reigns to win. Then on Raw, Lesnar vs Reigns for no. 1 contender with Reigns winning to face Goldberg at the next paperview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greedoshotfirst)
    I do wonder when MSG will host Wrestlemania again?
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King_786)
    Can someone explain to me the Kenny Omega thing.. Did he have some sort of great match cause I seen on Youtube that Wrestletalktv had some sort of debate saying Omega vs some other dude was the best wrestling match ever, even better than Taker vs Micheals at WM.
    Usually there's this one guy outside the WWE that is tearing the industry up, wowing crowds and having incredible matches. Kenny Omega's always been around, but that used to be AJ Styles. They were even both in a hot stable called Bullet Club, closest thing to nWo and DX these days. AJ was leader but left for WWE, and Omega has taken the ball as the new leader and run with it and it's cemented his spot as the actual hottest 'free agent'.

So, like AJ Styles and Sting before him, he's going to be forever linked with WWE until they offer him enough millions of dollars for him to be prepared to concede some of the creativity he's used to in indies and Japan to set him up for life.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    According to this week's Wrestler Observer Newsletter, Samoa Joe looks set to continue his winning ways on the main roster. The WrestleMania 33 card is still up in the air, but WWE officials have reportedly had talks about bringing Joe to Raw or SmackDown and putting him in one of the top few matches in Orlando.

It has been widely speculated that Joe could be a surprise entrant in this year's Royal Rumble, but nothing has been confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    Finally a release date for the PC version of 2K17, and it's earlier than usual: Feb 7th. Better to release it during the road to WrestleMania. I hope it's improving every year and they don't literally release the same game.

Unfortunately the DLC is no longer completely free.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Triple H on Rousey: "Obviously there's questions of Ronda and what she's going to do next. I think that's likely at some point in time, she's a huge fan of what we do and loves it. As a next step in her career, from an entertainment standpoint, I think it makes sense and I think it's something she'd love to do."

Triple H on Conor: "He has the world in his hand right now, he has a lot of opportunities... I do know that he's a business man, I do know that he's a very smart business man. He's open to opportunities of business, I know we're open to opportunities of business, I hate to say it again, but never say never in the WWE... If it's the right business opportunity for him, and the right business opportunity for us, we would both be open to having conversations and see what can happen down the line. In some ways, he is custom made for what we do, the whole thing. If that's something that he wants to do, we'd be happy to talk."

ReputationRep:
    I really want to see the Bullet Club back together as an actual unit on the same roster. It would be cool to see Club vs Shield.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The Club have been my disappointment of 2016. Massively under-utilised, farcically booked, and they should have followed AJ to SmackDown in the Brand Extension/Draft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    The Club have been my disappointment of 2016. Massively under-utilised, farcically booked, and they should have followed AJ to SmackDown in the Brand Extension/Draft.
    Agreed.I feel the exact same way. Just can't wait till Royal Rumble, its one of those paperviews where anything can happen. Title changes, new number 1 contenders, returns etc. But I liked it before when it went Royal Rumble, ELIMINATION CHAMBER, then WM. Elimination Chamber defo should come back, it was an amazing paperview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Usually there's this one guy outside the WWE that is tearing the industry up, wowing crowds and having incredible matches. Kenny Omega's always been around, but that used to be AJ Styles. They were even both in a hot stable called Bullet Club, closest thing to nWo and DX these days. AJ was leader but left for WWE, and Omega has taken the ball as the new leader and run with it and it's cemented his spot as the actual hottest 'free agent'.

So, like AJ Styles and Sting before him, he's going to be forever linked with WWE until they offer him enough millions of dollars for him to be prepared to concede some of the creativity he's used to in indies and Japan to set him up for life.
    Thanks for the info mate.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Interesting https://whatculture.com/wwe/why-wwe-...restlemania-33

ReputationRep:
    If the WrestleMania main event was still about the two top guys in the year, from what I know, I'd say that's Jericho vs Styles, but obviously that's been done. If I was booking I'd be looking at Jericho vs Owens, but the problem is they're too goofy, it's not exactly Rock/Austin WM17. If Finn is back at the Rumble or a month after, then I'd expect he'd be going against the champ and win the title. An injured champ usually gets given the title back.

Using the same formula, Smackdown should be AJ vs Miz. There's just no one else. I hate the draft. Only way to make WM not so watered down is a surprise entry and Rumble win for one Daniel Bryan, WWE likes things to come full circle, what with his infamous previous Rumble entries (or lack of) and failure to win.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So, who caught the first night of the WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament?

I have to say, I ****ing loved it. A really great venue in Blackpool, a frenetic crowd adding to the fervent atmosphere, and heck, even Michael Cole sounded like he was having a ball calling the matches. To be honest, anything Triple H touches is just turning into gold.

Speaking of gold, it was a nice touch to paint the ringposts gold from WWE. The whole event was just ridiculously enjoyable. I loved it. I'd imagine we'll see Trent Seven go far in the tournament, and probably Mark Andrews and Pete Dunne too.
    • TSR Support Team

Jimmy Snuka has passed away
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Tyler Bate wins the WWE United Kingdom Championship!

ReputationRep:
    Guys where can I watch tna? Tna been cancelled from challenge TV and I searched online can't find nothing

Posted from OtherWorld
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Lesnar is currently expected to appear on every episode of Raw between now and WrestleMania, except for the February 13th show - that one is being held in Las Vegas, and due to Lesnar's one-year Nevada State Athletic Commission ban handed down due to his failing drug tests prior to UFC 200, he's not allowed to appear.

Apart from that, Lesnar is confirmed for January 16 in Little Rock, AR, January 23 in Cleveland, OH, January 30 in Laredo, TX, February 6 in Portland, OR, February 20 in Los Angeles, CA, February 27 in Green Bay, WI, March 6 in Chicago, IL, March 13 in Detroit, MI, and March 20 in Brooklyn, NY. Though Lesnar has not been officially announced for the WrestleMania go-home Raw (March 27 in Philadelphia, PA), it is expected he will be there, as well.

Additionally, Lesnar has been announced for a number of live events - January 20 in Buffalo, NY, February 4 in Salt Lake City, UT, February 17 in Dallas, TX, and March 12 in New York, NY.

ReputationRep:
    With it being a part time feud it's a surprise Lesnar is down for so many dates for Goldberg, who is probably down for just as many. Because they aren't going to wrestle on RAW, they are only going to do in ring segments involving a face off or a spear/F5 here and there so hope it isn't too much exposure and it's a nice build for their third encounter

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Lesnar on RAW tonight.

I expect either:

a) a physical confrontation with Goldberg.
    b) he stands silent beside Paul Heyman, who delivers a 10-minute promo.
    c) he clashes with some lower card fodder, much like Goldberg did with Jinder Mahal earlier during his run.

ReputationRep:
    Kurt Angle in the HOF like

Tries to avoid the whole Benoit thing like

Meets Lesnar again like "Suplex City, *****".

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.