Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    WWE have lost their way
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Kurt Angle is coming home baby! It's true. Oh, it's true. It's damn true.

Last night was a decent RAW, to be honest. WWE handled and booked the return of Brock Lesnar exceptionally well. Lesnar was booked well in the opening segment, standing tall to end the opening, after all hell broke loose. We saw all the major players - Brock, Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman - descend on the ring, only for the latter to be ambushed by Sami Zayn, and Lesnar suplex nearly everyone in sight. The main event saw a continuation of this theme, with Jeri-KO booked strongly and putting Reigns through the announce table, after Strowman had pinned Sami Zayn to settle the 6-man tag team match.

There were plenty of poor matches, don't get me wrong. Namely Enzo and Big Cass vs Rusev and Jinder Mahal, with the babyfaces getting the W in a continuation of the feud nobody wants or deserves. WWE needs to find another rivalry for everyone involved. When a story is sucking the fun out of Amore and Cass, it's a sure sign for a change. In better tag team action, Cesaro and Sheamus were disqualified against the Club, allowing them to retain their straps in a bout for the WWE RAW Tag Team Championships. Gallows and Anderson beat up the champs afterward, and this is more what I want to see from them: opportunistic heels, ruthlessly aggressive, and a real, genuine threat.

Like the tag division, the cruiserweight suffered from two different fates on Monday night. We saw Lince Dorado lose to Daivari, who made the former tap out (a smart move from WWE to put his submission hold over before his "I Forfeit" match with Jack Gallagher, who was on commentary), but the bout lacked intensity - and more importantly - time. There was no such problem for Rich Swann vs Tony Nese, with Neville pouncing on the champion as he entered the ring. Swann fought back, but Neville had the upper hand in an attack which has instantly made the upcoming title match more personal and compelling.

We saw a Royal Rumble qualifier, when Big E defeated Titus O'Neil in the most obvious match to call of the night, and WWE should do more of these. It adds worth to the 30-man battle royal. There was also time for Cedric Alexander to overcome Brian Kendrick, with the help of Alicia Fox, who he continued to ignore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Kurt Angle is coming home baby! It's true. Oh, it's true. It's damn true.

Last night was a decent RAW, to be honest. WWE handled and booked the return of Brock Lesnar exceptionally well. Lesnar was booked well in the opening segment, standing tall to end the opening, after all hell broke loose. We saw all the major players - Brock, Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman - descend on the ring, only for the latter to be ambushed by Sami Zayn, and Lesnar suplex nearly everyone in sight. The main event saw a continuation of this theme, with Jeri-KO booked strongly and putting Reigns through the announce table, after Strowman had pinned Sami Zayn to settle the 6-man tag team match.

There were plenty of poor matches, don't get me wrong. Namely Enzo and Big Cass vs Rusev and Jinder Mahal, with the babyfaces getting the W in a continuation of the feud nobody wants or deserves. WWE needs to find another rivalry for everyone involved. When a story is sucking the fun out of Amore and Cass, it's a sure sign for a change. In better tag team action, Cesaro and Sheamus were disqualified against the Club, allowing them to retain their straps in a bout for the WWE RAW Tag Team Championships. Gallows and Anderson beat up the champs afterward, and this is more what I want to see from them: opportunistic heels, ruthlessly aggressive, and a real, genuine threat.

Like the tag division, the cruiserweight suffered from two different fates on Monday night. We saw Lince Dorado lose to Daivari, who made the former tap out (a smart move from WWE to put his submission hold over before his "I Forfeit" match with Jack Gallagher, who was on commentary), but the bout lacked intensity - and more importantly - time. There was no such problem for Rich Swann vs Tony Nese, with Neville pouncing on the champion as he entered the ring. Swann fought back, but Neville had the upper hand in an attack which has instantly made the upcoming title match more personal and compelling.

We saw a Royal Rumble qualifier, when Big E defeated Titus O'Neil in the most obvious match to call of the night, and WWE should do more of these. It adds worth to the 30-man battle royal. There was also time for Cedric Alexander to overcome Brian Kendrick, with the help of Alicia Fox, who he continued to ignore.
    Kurt angle is coming back to WWE? :shock::excited:

Posted from OtherWorld
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Must-read for Angle fans: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...of-2017-status

ReputationRep:
    So angle is being indicated into the hall of fame 2017? :woo:

Will he be wrestling tho in WWE? :holmes: would love to see him wrestle again on WWE soil

Posted from OtherWorld
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    No word on if he'll actually wrestle for them, but this certainly opens up the door at least a little bit for that to come to fruition.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    As revealed on the SmackDown preview, show commissioner Shane McMahon will kick off the night with a major announcement.

WWE is hinting at something rather significant. The preview stated, "Although we are not sure what he has to say, the announcement will no doubt take SmackDown Live to the next level."

ReputationRep:
    As revealed on the SmackDown preview, show commissioner Shane McMahon will kick off the night with a major announcement.

WWE is hinting at something rather significant. The preview stated, "Although we are not sure what he has to say, the announcement will no doubt take SmackDown Live to the next level."
    I reckon he'll say the big announcement and then as a surprise he'll say he's "entering the Royal Rumble", then everyone will go crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Who thinks it should be AJ Styles vs Randy Orton at WM33.
    This is how it will go.
    Last people in the Royal Rumble will be Orton, AJ, Taker, Lesnar, Reigns, Rollins, Golberg, and HHH. Triple H gets eliminated when Reigns superman punches him and Rollins throws him out of the Ring. This is then followed up by Taker eliminated them both at the same time. Then on the other side Orton and AJ go at it when AJ pelle kicks Orton and when he turns around and sees Goldberg he RKOs him and then turns around and sees AJ charging at him so he scoop slams him and tries to throw him out but AJ hangs on to the ropes. Then Orton RKO's him on the ropes to eliminate him. Orton then picks Goldberg up but gets jackhammered. Then he spears Lesnar. Taker then tombstones Orton and eliminates him. Taker than is german suplexed by Lesnar who is then eliminated by Goldberg. Then Goldberg is closelined out of the ring with Taker victorious, which won't happen as WWE changed the plans between Taker vs Cena but what the heck! With Taker celebrating Reigns comes in and spears Taker and then powerbombs him through the announce table making him a big heel. This sets up all the main matches.
    Taker vs Reigns
    HHH vs Rollins
    Goldberg vs Lesnar
    and finally
    AJ Styles vs Orton which would be awesome..
    Btw Reigns loses again KO cleanly. But Jericho storms out and codebreakers him twice and then hit him with the steel chair a couple times only to codebreaker him again..
    KO vs Jericho -Title match. KO should win as he hasnt won much lately. After all the Raws after WM he should be beating all his opponents until the next paperview where he loses it to someone like Strowman who then has a rivalry with Lesnar and Golberg later on which would be decent.
    Mackay, ozzyoscy

ReputationRep:
    As recent reports have been suggesting; John Cena is not going to face The Undertaker. So with this in mind I would like this to happen:

IF Finn Balor is cleared for in-ring action before Wrestlemania, have him face The Undertaker. That's IF he is cleared and IF Undertaker is not going to face John Cena.

So yeah, massive IF's.

ReputationRep:
    I think Angle is no longer with TNA hence this announcement but well deserved. He was an incredible performer over his seven years and it was a shame his run ended, for whatever reason or which side you believe. It'd be good if he didn't appear on WWE TV until the HOF ceremony just to have that moment in front of the audience. Constant appearances might dilute that emotion if he's on RAW regularly. If WWE have their wits about them, they'll keep him far from the ring as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Angle's an all time great. One of those rare talents that's loved by the casuals, the hardcores, his peers and his boss.

Angle HBK at 21 is still the greatest match ever.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I think Angle is no longer with TNA hence this announcement but well deserved. He was an incredible performer over his seven years and it was a shame his run ended, for whatever reason or which side you believe. It'd be good if he didn't appear on WWE TV until the HOF ceremony just to have that moment in front of the audience. Constant appearances might dilute that emotion if he's on RAW regularly. If WWE have their wits about them, they'll keep him far from the ring as possible.
    Him + American Alpha in a stable = dream.

PWInsider is reporting that Beth Phoenix, who competed for WWE from 2004 to 2012, will be inducted into the company's Hall of Fame during WrestleMania weekend in Orlando.

The former champion is expected to be the only woman inducted this year.

ReputationRep:
    I watched the first Smackdown in probably over a decade, on the chance the cage match would be something special. Instead it went the expected route, 10 minutes long, watched more adverts than match in about 4 commercial breaks in those 10 minutes, and no big spot. And Becky keeps doing the missile dropkick which is like watching Benoit do headbutts.

2 hours should be a great runtime but they just squeeze the ad breaks for a 3-hour show into it. How can anyone watch it without going mad? Women's match main evented yet probably got the least screen time so didn't really main event at all.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The big revelation on SmackDown was that the WWE Championship is set to be defended in the Elimination Chamber before WM33. You'd imagine the six superstars we'll see are John Cena, the Miz and AJ Styles - all of which clashed in the opening segment of the night - and three from Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose.

We actually saw the Miz vs AJ Styles to kick off the night (something I'm delighted by, because the Miz needs a world title run soon given his 2016), which ended in a DQ when Cena interfered after Styles threw the Miz into him. We also saw a further dissension of the Wyatt Family, with Luke Harper costing Randy Orton a match against Ambrose when the babyface scored a schoolboy rollup. The other major segment of the night was Dolph Ziggler on the King's Court, where he poked fun at the King's heart attack a couple of years ago and further teased a twisted, evil future. Whether it is successful remains to be seen. But one thing's for sure: simple heel turns are the best (think Seth Rollins in 2014, Neville in 2016) and can really breathe life into a stale gimmick/character.

The other big revelation (if it was one) was the emergence of La Luchadora once again, who turned out to Mickie James, something we all expected, during the steel cage match between Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch for the WWE SmackDown's Women's Championship, which saw the heel retain.

On 205 Live, meanwhile, we saw a continuation of the Cedric Alexander/Noam Dar/Alicia Fox angle, which saw the babyface lose a match to Drew Gulak. WWE was wrong to ever drop the Fox crazy schtick - she plays nuts so well - but this storyline is dragging on and on now. Gulak picked up the win after he and Dar teamed up to hurt Alexander's leg, and it was clever storytelling, but a lack of time and a lack of crowd atmosphere threatened the rest of the show.

We saw Tony Nese finally - finally - pick up a clean W, defeating Mustafa Ali in a poor second match which the crowd didn't invest in, before Jack Gallagher overcame Daivari in the main event, an "I Forfeit Match". Gallagher warning the announcers to move before throwing Daivari over the table was pretty funny, and he's easily the breakout star of the cruiserweight division.

ReputationRep:
    The big revelation on SmackDown was that the WWE Championship is set to be defended in the Elimination Chamber before WM33. You'd imagine the six superstars we'll see are John Cena, the Miz and AJ Styles - all of which clashed in the opening segment of the night - and three from Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose.

We actually saw the Miz vs AJ Styles to kick off the night (something I'm delighted by, because the Miz needs a world title run soon given his 2016), which ended in a DQ when Cena interfered after Styles threw the Miz into him. We also saw a further dissension of the Wyatt Family, with Luke Harper costing Randy Orton a match against Ambrose when the babyface scored a schoolboy rollup. The other major segment of the night was Dolph Ziggler on the King's Court, where he poked fun at the King's heart attack a couple of years ago and further teased a twisted, evil future. Whether it is successful remains to be seen. But one thing's for sure: simple heel turns are the best (think Seth Rollins in 2014, Neville in 2016) and can really breathe life into a stale gimmick/character.

The other big revelation (if it was one) was the emergence of La Luchadora once again, who turned out to Mickie James, something we all expected, during the steel cage match between Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch for the WWE SmackDown's Women's Championship, which saw the heel retain.

On 205 Live, meanwhile, we saw a continuation of the Cedric Alexander/Noam Dar/Alicia Fox angle, which saw the babyface lose a match to Drew Gulak. WWE was wrong to ever drop the Fox crazy schtick - she plays nuts so well - but this storyline is dragging on and on now. Gulak picked up the win after he and Dar teamed up to hurt Alexander's leg, and it was clever storytelling, but a lack of time and a lack of crowd atmosphere threatened the rest of the show.

We saw Tony Nese finally - finally - pick up a clean W, defeating Mustafa Ali in a poor second match which the crowd didn't invest in, before Jack Gallagher overcame Daivari in the main event, an "I Forfeit Match". Gallagher warning the announcers to move before throwing Daivari over the table was pretty funny, and he's easily the breakout star of the cruiserweight division.
    So does anyone read these copy/paste jobs?

I actually started skimming a couple out of curiosity and noticed you tend to edit out the women's stuff too. Kinda sexist mang.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Kinda sexist mang.
    Sexist? The women's division is probably my favourite thing in WWE. I just don't tend to write a lot because there's nothing much to say. Even the cruiserweights are getting a better deal in terms of secondary storylines. The Nikki Bella angle on SmackDown is disappointing, and while I have high hopes for Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax, the treatment of Bayley - trying to create her into some sort of Daniel Bryan - is just so, so unorganic.

ReputationRep:
    Sexist? The women's division is probably my favourite thing in WWE. I just don't tend to write a lot because there's nothing much to say.
    You mean copy and paste. >_>
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    You mean copy and paste. >_>
    Haha. OK.

As a side question, as somebody who doesn't watch as regularly as me, what did you make of the Ziggler/King thing? Too far? Or to be expected?

It didn't shock me as the very ill-judged disrespect of Dusty the other week on RAW, but it did leave me grimacing a little.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. OK.

As a side question, as somebody who doesn't watch as regularly as me, what did you make of the Ziggler/King thing? Too far? Or to be expected?

It didn't shock me as the very ill-judged disrespect of Dusty the other week on RAW, but it did leave me grimacing a little.
    I think it was pointless. It would've been better if it was the Ambrose Asylum so we can see Ambrose vs Ziggler for the title with Ziggler winning. Ziggler as a heel champ would be cool.

I still think Stardust aka Cody Rhodes should've stayed in the WWE as he was actually a decent wrestler, alot better than Goldust and R-Truth. Him returning as Cody would give him a huge crowd and maybe that will result in him getting a big push - IC or US champ.

They Wyatts are probably over, Bray Wyatt as a singles competitor would work and he defo deserves a title shot later on. Luke Harper should go for the IC title or fued with Orton. I reckon Harper will try eliminating Orton at the Royal Rumble but Randy Orton is Randy Orton so he'll eliminate him easily and most likely be one of the last people in the Rumble match which would be cool too.

Smackdown need more main events. I don't really watch the Crusierweight matches and dont watch the Divas matches. I usually watch the big matches - main events.

Ngl, I love talking about WWE

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.