Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Interestingly, Randy Orton vs Luke Harper has been booked for next week's SmackDown.

And speaking of Orton: https://neareport.com/2017/01/17/fan...-in-jonesboro/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    As a side question, as somebody who doesn't watch as regularly as me, what did you make of the Ziggler/King thing? Too far? Or to be expected?
    It seemed the standard heel interview segment that went exactly as expected. Maybe it's a few years too late. Also Ziggler putting on a slow 'bad guy' voice ala Randy Orton was lame and not very imaginative, not very believable. I liked the unintentional comedy of King not wearing a shirt and just letting his gut hang out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    It seemed the standard heel interview segment that went exactly as expected. Maybe it's a few years too late. Also Ziggler putting on a slow 'bad guy' voice ala Randy Orton was lame and not very imaginative, not very believable. I liked the unintentional comedy of King not wearing a shirt and just letting his gut hang out.
    Seemed way less offensive than the Dusty thing the other week, at least.

Strowman is now favourite with the bookies for the Rumble, which seems remarkable really. I'm a fan of his, but winning the Rumble? I'm unsure. I think it's too much too soon.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Goldberg with a promo that would have made Scott Steiner proud on RAW last night. He stumbled over his lines, and the arrival of Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman and eventually The Undertaker were the only things to save the segment at the end of the show.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to have Goldberg and Brock Lesnar enter numbers one and two in the Royal Rumble on Sunday respectively. That way, we can see the former's full entrance, and the duo could brawl throughout the arena while the number three stands in the ring alone. The Undertaker should last a while, and be dumped out towards the end, preferably by Braun Strowman.

Strowman tagged with Rusev, Jinder Mahal and Titus O'Neil against The New Day, Enzo and Big Cass on Monday night, helping the heels get the victory before he was stared down by The Big Show. While I'm not interested in a Big Show vs Strowman angle, the pair facing off in the Rumble will be fun - especially given Show's shape, which is surely the best it has been in years.

We also saw Seth Rollins lost to Sami Zayn after Triple H's music hit, something which cost the former his Rumble spot. The pay-off in the feud and the reemergence of HHH is smart, as we gear up for WM33, and Zayn in the Rumble is a must. He's the ideal go-to figure for this year's Iron Man. The other big talking point, really, was Nia Jax picking up another decisive victory, and Roman Reigns losing to Chris Jericho after they set up a US Championship re-match in the opening segment when Kevin Owens accepted Reigns' challenge. That irked Jericho and we saw some dissension between the duo, which could come to a head on Sunday night you imagine.

Elsewhere, Luke Gallows defeated Cesaro - with the help of an Anderson interference, which laid out Sheamus - to continue The Club's momentum, and Mustafa Ali, T.J. Perkins and Jack Gallagher defeated Drew Gulak, Tony Nese and Ariya Daivari in a six-man cruiserweight match. The bout itself was fun, if largely unspectacular, but what it did do was showcase Ali's ability.

Elsewhere in the 205 Live superstars, Rich Swann overcame Noam Dar - who had Aliciia Fox by his side, thus cementing their alignment - before he called out Neville and got the better of the heel before their bout on Sunday. It seems Neville is due to go over, owing to WWE's 50/50 booking, and that's absolutely the right move: we need Neville to carry the belt for as long as possible this year.

ReputationRep:
    The more I think about it, the more I feel Lesnar is going to eliminate Goldberg in a matter of seconds to set them even and set up a match for WM. Big show vs Braun Strowman won't go past the PPV inbetween the Rumble and WM because Show is fighting Shaq.
    Have to say though, this is looking to be one of the best PPV cards in a long while. So much draw from both part timers and current roster stars too.

ReputationRep:
    ....new thread after the old one closed.

Discuss anything WWE in here, from RAW/Smackdown to NXT (which is much better) and PPVs.

Hopefully by the time the next thread comes around the UK will have the Network...

You do realise wrestling is fake right...........

GROW UP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    The more I think about it, the more I feel Lesnar is going to eliminate Goldberg in a matter of seconds to set them even and set up a match for WM. Big show vs Braun Strowman won't go past the PPV inbetween the Rumble and WM because Show is fighting Shaq.
    Have to say though, this is looking to be one of the best PPV cards in a long while. So much draw from both part timers and current roster stars too.
    Wow! I never thought about that! Brock should eliminate goldberg in 2 minutes or less!
    That would be the PERFECT build up for their wrestlemania match.
    Hopefully the Wrestlemania match would be long and physical.
    And i want brock to win!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by If u dont mind)
    Wow! I never thought about that! Brock should eliminate goldberg in 2 minutes or less!
    That would be the PERFECT build up for their wrestlemania match.
    Hopefully the Wrestlemania match would be long and physical.
    And i want brock to win!!
    so u like looking at sterioid filled sweaty men grabbing each other in a ring? u need to take a look at yourself, but hey ho each to their own i guess .......

many thanks.
    paul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulkonchesky)
    You do realise wrestling is fake right...........

GROW UP
    If u are beign sarcastic ignore this...

If u are not... how about U realize that everyone knows that its all part of the story line and that everyone knows 50% of the wresting itself is fake. We KNOW it.
    Thanks for reminding!

I genuinely do think that u r being sarcastic😂😂 just wanted to say this to everyone who says 'its fake'.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Probably the toughest to call Rumble for nigh on a decade, really. I imagine Strowman will win it, but the card is shaping up nicely. I'd have Lesnar and Goldberg eliminate each other - with the first one eliminated and then returning later to distract the other, allowing somebody else a prized scalp.

Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson for the RAW Tag-Team Championships has been added to the pre-card, with Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax also booked, and Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns now a No DQ bout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by If u dont mind)
    Right, obviously you are being a troll.
    If u didn't like wrestling, you wouldn't have opened this thread.

If thats not the case, f**k off and go play with ur boyfriend's penis. Thank you.
    Mate, I think u wanna play with brock lesnar's sterioid filled cocker the way u keep singing his praises

Yours faithfully,
    Paul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulkonchesky)
    Mate, I think u wanna play with brock lesnar's sterioid filled cocker the way u keep singing his praises

Yours faithfully,
    Paul
    Mate, i have no intrest to argue with you as i'm afraid ur boyfriend might not like it and would punch me on my face beacuse you are so sad and pathetic that you doesn't have the balls to stand up and face me one on one.
    I understand his concerns. I would do the same if someone argued with my girlfriend.
    Therefore I request you to stfu, keep calm and keep playing with his balls because u dont have any.

Yours very faithfully,
    A stranger.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Damn.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-tmz-exclusive

ReputationRep:
    In their prime, or in their peak condition in their WWE careers, a Goldberg v Lesnar v Undertaker would have been a sight to behold.
    Yet the reaction seems to center on Goldberg banging his head on the door and bleeding thus momentarily blanking out to forget his promo!

Out of the three, Undertaker wins the Rumble for me as I predict Goldberg/Lesnar as one and two will scrap it out early on setting up their Mania match.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    In their prime, or in their peak condition in their WWE careers, a Goldberg v Lesnar v Undertaker would have been a sight to behold.
    Yet the reaction seems to center on Goldberg banging his head on the door and bleeding thus momentarily blanking out to forget his promo!

Out of the three, Undertaker wins the Rumble for me as I predict Goldberg/Lesnar as one and two will scrap it out early on setting up their Mania match.
    Lesnar or Goldberg winning just makes zero sense, really. I'd be tempted to have Jericho win it personally.

ReputationRep:
    Not had Smackdown yet but, as it stands, this is what makes the most sense to me for the Rumble and WrestleMania...

Smackdown title - SD has the elimination chamber, so they don't need a Rumble winner. So AJ retains at RR and EC, then Miz gets the title shot. I'd have Miz lose or cheat to win though. Unless Samoa Joe is getting called up, then that's a perfect feud for AJ, but way too soon for WrestleMania surely; it'd bury the whole roster.

But if it's AJ vs Miz that's heel v heel, but then apparently this is the 'reality era' and there's no such thing as faces and heels anymore. And then you have The Club, who are heels but would have to interefere for AJ, who would be more a face... writers have a bit of tweaking to do.

Smackdown Women's - Mickie is doing a promo tonight, so I'd have Becky come out and just destroy her, she's not playing around any more. People are nearly exploding wanting to cheer her getting the upper hand in at least one freaking segment or run.

Also book another Alexa/Becky rematch at RR and, as much as it pains me to say it, give Alexa a clean win. They both badly need clean wins but Becky can get her's at WM. Maybe she's distracted by Mickie but not enough to say it was a cheat loss. Becky beats Mickie at the next PPV while Alexa swats away Naomi, then Becky takes out Alexa at WrestleMania (I've seen a taster of Becky's entrance as well and it's gonna be badass).

Raw Men's - Jericho wins the Rumble and Owens retains. For the whole month until the next PPV have Owens telling Jericho to go for AJ's title, and Jericho gets annoyed by it, you could even have some odd logic where he doesn't want to leave Raw because he loves his bro and they can have a great match together.

So before he even decides, Owens attacks him, that'd be so much heel heat going into WM because everyone loves Jericho right now. Make it a serious angle, and then I think either could win.

Finn v Joe - If Finn's coming back at the Rumble then he should win and face Owens. But I'd hold off on his inevitable title match until after WM and bring him back after RR.

Raw women's - in an ideal world it'd be the Four Horsewomen in a 4-way elimination, maybe that's the main event next year? I think they would have to do a triple threat again, maybe a gimmick like a ladder match to keep it different.

Lesnar/Goldberg/Undertaker - Lesnar eliminating Goldberg in seconds is a good idea, but I'm also liking the idea of this triple threat at WrestleMania. Everyone suddenly wanted to see Goldberg/Lesnar even though it'd be total **** and same old same old and people will be disappointed.

Taker hasn't really picked up one win over Lesnar, 'cause he tapped out before he beat him that one time, so surely he'll want to try again and it'd make for a better match.

Cena v Ziggler - I'd like to see Cena put over someone like Ziggler.

Rollins v Reigns in no-DQ or LMS match - I'd want Rollins heel so have him turn on Roman again (some guys never change) and give them a Last Man Standing match or something, it'd have a good story to it and it's the type of angle and match that'd actually give Reigns a chance of being cheered.

And one or two other women's matches and Nakamura.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Rollins v Reigns in no-DQ or LMS match - I'd want Rollins heel so have him turn on Roman again (some guys never change) and give them a Last Man Standing match or something, it'd have a good story to it and it's the type of angle and match that'd actually give Reigns a chance of being cheered.
    Rollins works better heel, for sure, but this Triple H angle has potential for WM33 imho. I think Owens vs Jericho - with the former still boasting the strap - is a must, and that's what makes me think WWE has been negligent taking the US belt off Reigns this early. They should have had the aforementioned pair feud from Rumble to Mania, with Reigns feuding with Strowman, who will reach the final four - and likely final two - of the Rumble this weekend. Strowman could have won the belt off Reigns and had a monster run with a secondary belt before he is propelled into the main event.

ReputationRep:
    Rollins works better heel, for sure, but this Triple H angle has potential for WM33 imho. I think Owens vs Jericho - with the former still boasting the strap - is a must, and that's what makes me think WWE has been negligent taking the US belt off Reigns this early. They should have had the aforementioned pair feud from Rumble to Mania, with Reigns feuding with Strowman, who will reach the final four - and likely final two - of the Rumble this weekend. Strowman could have won the belt off Reigns and had a monster run with a secondary belt before he is propelled into the main event.
    Man I don't ever put 'Triple H', 'WM' and 'potential' in the same sentence, unless the next word is 'shitshow'. I'd expect his Rollins match to follow the exact same sequence of events as his Reigns match did.

ReputationRep:
    **** me, didn't even let Becky really beat up Mickie and she again ends up the loser in the segment for the 300th time in the past year. Crowd were about to explode when she came out.

Women's Elimination Chamber looking a distinct possiblity. Smells like Alexa and Mickie taking everyone out, and Becky faces whoever wins out of those two at the end (i.e. possible Mickie betrayal). Mickie's appearance seems like the kind of 'legend' run put in for WrestleMania, especially as whoever's making the decisions doesn't seem confident in Alexa's ability to have a match and no one else is that great.

Also AJ's promo was a total shoot on Cena. The poster really bothered a lot of people, and Cena whose stock is falling dramatically with all the dirty laundry coming out, kinda did bury the guy and thus the company and ultimately himself. If he beats AJ, he's just beaten 'some guy', and if he loses then he's just lost to 'some guy'. AJ was telling the truth when he said Cena wasn't missed. He strikes me as one of the few guys that would get in Cena's face if he saw him pull any of that harrassment crap in front of him backstage, he doesn't need WWE like a Riley or Ryback did and dude's a big family man, literal or metaphorical.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I thought the John Cena and AJ Styles segment was superb. One of the best I've seen in a long while. The Cena appearance on Today drew controversy last week, when he was referring to Styles as "some guy", and WWE was smart to mix real-life sort of stuff in with the build-up for Sunday. This is the "reality era", after all, but this was an excellent promo with some brilliant back and forth between the pair. The Cena stuff just keeps progressing out there right now, with Alex Riley saying this week that he'll spill all. He also blamed Cena for de-railing his career.

Aside from that, SmackDown was just a stepping stone this week, aimed at bridging the gap to the Rumble. I've no problem with that. We saw a fantastic match in Dean Ambrose vs The Miz - I love a good Lumberjack match - which planted a seed for an Ambrose vs Baron Corbin feud further down the line (which could potentially start this weekend).

Corbin was sat on commentary for the shortest battle royal in history last night, which Mojo Rawley won. It's smart to do a battle royal for Rumble qualification, but I'd rather a singles tournament. Rawley going over was the right choice, because he was the only competitor who has anything like momentum in the tag division, compared to the Vaudevillians, Ascension, Breezango et al.

We saw a further progression of the Wyatt Family feud, with Bray driving Luke Harper into the mat after he lost to Randy Orton in the opener of the night. All three will surely be responsible for each other's eliminations this Sunday. And in the other match, Dolph Ziggler made quick work of Kalisto before Apollo Crews made him retreat with a chair. It was great to see Naomi return last night, and Mickie James was on fire post-show on Talking Smack. I'd be more than happy for a women's Elimination Chamber match this year - but I hope that ground-breaking moment (if it does happen) isn't undermined by this farcical use of Carmella, who continues to share segments with James Ellsworth.

205 Live saw a continuation of the Rich Swann/Neville feud before their match this Sunday, the latter picking up a win over Cedric Alexander via submission in the main event. It's smart to have Neville deploy that as his finisher going forward, because the Red Arrow is a move which fans will cheer for. To end the show, Noam Dar headed out to beat down on Alexander, before Swann came to the rescue and two separate brawls broke out. That match came after Brian Kendrick defeated Tripp Bradshaw, in a short and nondescript match, and TJ Perkins beat Tony Nese in the opener.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.