Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It has been questionable booking with Lesnar but I think they handled last night well. It wasn't the best of promo's but it did its job to build up for their match at WM33. We've seen Lesnar go on a rampage lots of times and after being obliterated by Goldberg twice, I don't think it would have been effective or necessary. I expect and hope Lesnar goes over because he still has a few years in him where as I don't see Goldberg staying after WM33 (yet to even see him fight a proper match!)
    I have a feeling their WM fight won't last longer than 2 minutes either though and I'd absolutely hate if they went down that road.

I feel like Roman Reigns will have his own match vs Strowman, and if he's not fighting Undertaker than it's probably the best road to go down. He definitely looked more like a heel yesterday but I guess they're going to build him up slowly instead of turning him straight away one night, and I can't wait for it. It'll make both men look strong just as long as Reigns doesn't win clean (odds are that he will).

Rollins vs HHH is going to massively push the former as baby face. I wasn't really too sold on him as a face really as people are just cheering him because of how good he is (similar to heel cm punk) but this is going to do wonders for him. Samoa Joe's debut was completely unexpected and I think WWE handled that perfectly. I haven't watched much of Joe but he looked great in the ring tbh. Heard rumours that Joe would go over Lesnar eventually and I didn't buy into it until last night. The problem is though is that Rollins will need to fight HHH at Wrestlemania but where does that leave Joe?
    I think Lesnar will go over - that's not in doubt - but I just think we need to see him on a tear. For that brief few moments in the Rumble, when he suplexed everything in sight and clobbered Enzo, I marked out. He's a beast and we need to see that.

Reigns vs Undertaker makes complete sense. There is money to be had in Reigns as a heel. You saw the way he looked at Taker after eliminating him this weekend. That feud would also allow a Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho programme, or a Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor feud. Balor never lost the belt and deserves to feud for it when he returns imho.

The Samoa Joe thing is intriguing. Shoehorning him into a Rollins vs Triple H feud isn't ideal, admittedly. But I'm glad he's likely to be treated properly rather than lost in the shuffle.

I have to say, there are plenty of avenues for WWE to work with right now. There's a hefty amount of talent on the red brand right now - and legitimate belt-carriers. That hasn't always been the case. Owens, Jericho, Rollins, Reigns, Strowman, Lesnar, Goldberg, a returning Balor, Joe and Undertaker, who is likely to switch between brands.

SmackDown tonight. If AJ Styles ends up in a Shane O'Mac feud I'll fume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I think Lesnar will go over - that's not in doubt - but I just think we need to see him on a tear. For that brief few moments in the Rumble, when he suplexed everything in sight and clobbered Enzo, I marked out. He's a beast and we need to see that.

Reigns vs Undertaker makes complete sense. There is money to be had in Reigns as a heel. You saw the way he looked at Taker after eliminating him this weekend. That feud would also allow a Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho programme, or a Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor feud. Balor never lost the belt and deserves to feud for it when he returns imho.

The Samoa Joe thing is intriguing. Shoehorning him into a Rollins vs Triple H feud isn't ideal, admittedly. But I'm glad he's likely to be treated properly rather than lost in the shuffle.

I have to say, there are plenty of avenues for WWE to work with right now. There's a hefty amount of talent on the red brand right now - and legitimate belt-carriers. That hasn't always been the case. Owens, Jericho, Rollins, Reigns, Strowman, Lesnar, Goldberg, a returning Balor, Joe and Undertaker, who is likely to switch between brands.

SmackDown tonight. If AJ Styles ends up in a Shane O'Mac feud I'll fume.
    I'm starting to think Reigns vs Undertaker would be a Raw vs Smackdown thing with Taker winning for Smackdown?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Potentially) bad news for Taker fans:

Spoiler:
    Show

An injury could adversely affect Undertaker's ability to have another iconic match at WrestleMania, according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio (h/t Marc Middleton of Wrestling Inc).According to Meltzer, The Phenom recently underwent hip surgery and returned too soon. As a result, he was in considerable pain after his eight-minute performance at Sunday's Royal Rumble pay-per-view.
    A kibosh on WM33?

ReputationRep:
    **** Dave Meltzer, I'm pretty sure he's already said the same thing about Taker not being able to fight before.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Right, so after a really solid few months, SmackDown feels like it's regressing.

Elimination Chamber is a quick turnaround from the Royal Rumble, so it makes sense storytelling and character development takes a hit. But Luke Harper teaming with John Cena to face Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton? Come on. I'm a big fan of Harper - and think he should be permanently in the secondary belt scene. He's a fantastic worker for a big man, and can really tell a story both facially and physically in the ring which not many can.

The bout between the four was thrown together, but we saw Harper continue to suffer from Wyatt's lure, which is sensible. That hint at Wyatt's power is very clever from WWE, especially if they're to try and get him over as a dominant force with the belt between Chamber and WM33 (all rumours have Wyatt winning in the Chamber right now).

It's clear we're not heading for a John Cena vs Randy Orton match at Mania. After all, the pair are facing each other next week on SmackDown. The participants for the Chamber have been announced - Wyatt, AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, the Miz and Dean Ambrose. We saw the latter four clash to close out the programme, after the IC champ and Styles faced off in singles action. The Miz was great on commentary, but Corbin laid him out with an End of Days and did the same to Ambrose to close the show. I love the way WWE has handled him recently. He's been booked a legitimate threat and he is clearly being characterised as the dark horse of the Chamber.

There were a few weak segments - the continuation of the James Ellsworth/Carmella saga, Dolph Ziggler running over Kalisto in singles action before being chased by Apollo Crews AGAIN and the poor booking of American Alpha, who have nothing to do despite carrying the blue brand's tag belts. The duo were involved in a massive brawl with every other tag team - even the ones without momentum, like the Ascension and the Vaudevillians - who will face each other in a colossal tag team turmoil match at the Chamber. Just stick America Alpha in a feud with the Usos and let it run and run ffs.

On 205 Live, we saw Tony Nese pick up another win - this time over Lince Dorado - and WWE seems to be going big on him. He had mic time on Raw on Monday night, which not all cruiserweights can boast. He was chased by TJ Perkins when he tried to deliver a beatdown post-match, and we also Akira Tozawa beat Aaron Solo, with Brian Kendrick on commentary, before a fun tag bout between Jack Gallagher and Cedric Alexander and Noam Dar and Neville, who had clashed with Rich Swann backstage earlier in the match. The babyfaces picked up the win, after Neville abandoned his parnter.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    FFS. What an unlucky bloke http://whatculture.com/wwe/seth-roll...ia-33-in-doubt

ReputationRep:
    Awful news for him and it's quite common in sports stars who have big injuries to their knees for example, for it to re-occur later on. He could be incredibly unfortunate in that it's happened or there might be underlying issues in terms of his recovery, namely that he may have come back too soon. But we'll have to wait and see.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Awful news for him and it's quite common in sports stars who have big injuries to their knees for example, for it to re-occur later on. He could be incredibly unfortunate in that it's happened or there might be underlying issues in terms of his recovery, namely that he may have come back too soon. But we'll have to wait and see.
    It's a real shame. An ACL is such a serious injury, though. Look at Danny Ings.

Hope he comes back soon but it doesn't look good. He's in serious danger of losing momentum.

ReputationRep:
    He would have had momentum with HHH feud picking up after a long time, but before that, it seems his face booking was pretty weak so it'd be a blow for their Mania plans however from a character point of view, don't see it as a major set-back in the sense he wasn't hot like Bryan was at the same time in 2014 so he'll be back and maybe - but I doubt it - WWE will learn to book him better.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The Undertaker hurt, Rollins hurt... come back Balor!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The Undertaker hurt, Rollins hurt... come back Balor!
    when u reckon nakamura is making main roster debut? (when he does, will he go after the club or balor?)

also u reckon kenny omega will be in wwe this year?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    when u reckon nakamura is making main roster debut? (when he does, will he go after the club or balor?)

also u reckon kenny omega will be in wwe this year?
    Nakamura won't make his main roster debut until the summer at the earlier, imho. NXT has been pillaged of talent as a result of the Brand Extension/Draft etc, and they need to recover. Triple H is reportedly very unhappy with the state of the developmental brand, as a result of SmackDown/RAW call-ups, so Nakamura - a great worker, great NXT talent and a big draw for them - will stay for a while.

Omega won't be in WWE.

Great to see Tyler Bate make his NXT debut last night.

ReputationRep:
    So who fights Joe? Balor would be my best guess if he returns.

Also Undertaker is always hurt and there are scare reports literally every year, I wouldn't pay mind to them. He's also looked the best he has in years
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    So who fights Joe? Balor would be my best guess if he returns.
    Under the guise of Undertaker being fit, I'd have Reigns vs Undertaker, Samoa Joe vs a returning Finn Balor, Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg, Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho (I'd actually be tempted to delay that implosion until later in the year, but injuries may force WWE's hand) and then the only person that really leaves in the wilderness is Braun Strowman. Maybe a US title run? Have him win the belt off Jericho, freeing him up for an Owens feud, and toss him in a multi-man defence? Against Zayn, Cesaro and Sheamus or something.

I'm just spitballing ideas here, really. I think the biggest crime WWE will commit this WM is having Styles face Shane.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, Rollins is out for eight weeks. It makes it touch and go for WrestleMania.

It probably makes better storyline sense if they let Rollins recover 100% rather than trying to rush him back for their premiere event, which possibly that theme (rushing back) may have caused a re-injury to his knee.

Rollins can return to target HHH not only because of the Authority business but because through Joe, he was put on the shelf on the orders of HHH. He'll have a program with Joe and maybe other HHH backed wrestlers to finally get to the King. How long this all plays out to is unclear but surely can't be dragging on until next year?!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, Rollins is out for eight weeks. It makes it touch and go for WrestleMania.

It probably makes better storyline sense if they let Rollins recover 100% rather than trying to rush him back for their premiere event, which possibly that theme (rushing back) may have caused a re-injury to his knee.

Rollins can return to target HHH not only because of the Authority business but because through Joe, he was put on the shelf on the orders of HHH. He'll have a program with Joe and maybe other HHH backed wrestlers to finally get to the King. How long this all plays out to is unclear but surely can't be dragging on until next year?!
    Best time for Rollins vs HHH to happen is this WM. It won't be as effective if they leave it till Summerslam and neither if they wait till next year. Joe vs Rollins can happen anytime after WM tbh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

(Original post by AR_95)
    Best time for Rollins vs HHH to happen is this WM. It won't be as effective if they leave it till Summerslam and neither if they wait till next year. Joe vs Rollins can happen anytime after WM tbh.
    I think it's amazing how WWE doesn't know how to utilise Cena this year. Apparently, he and Nikki will team to take on the Miz and Maryse in a mixed gender tag match at WM33. Mental if true.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's amazing how WWE doesn't know how to utilise Cena this year. Apparently, he and Nikki will team to take on the Miz and Maryse in a mixed gender tag match at WM33. Mental if true.
    No chance that's the case, you need to stop reading into all these articles man

Probably the worst WM match since Miz vs Cena WM27
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    No chance that's the case, you need to stop reading into all these articles man

Probably the worst WM match since Miz vs Cena WM27
    Haha I'll try. So hard to when you see a 'UPDATE ON WWE'S PLANS FOR MANIA' headline though.

ReputationRep:

This guy never gets old. This is incredible.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.