Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    JR is apparently going to call the Lesnar/Goldberg match.

ReputationRep:
    ^A good move in light of his personal tragedy, if true. If Undertaker was retiring maybe he could have called that having witnessed most of his career.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    ^A good move in light of his personal tragedy, if true. If Undertaker was retiring maybe he could have called that having witnessed most of his career.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently he'll be contributing to WWE TV going forward too, and this isn't a one-time thing.

ReputationRep:
    Last chance day for previous Network customers to check their email for free Network until the end of June. It was perfect timing to subscribe on the day of the Rumble. Only PPV I 'miss' until July was the previous Raw one, and I missed nothing.

Currently 2/2 on predictions (didn't predict for the tag match as I haven't followed NXT).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, that was an excellent TakeOver. The card didn't really offer us much considering the final two TakeOvers before Mania have probably eclipsed the actual WM event itself, but it was fantastic. The results were all a foregone conclusion: Sanity going over, Bobby Roode and Asuka retaining, Alestier Black picking up the W, and The Authors of Pain retaining.

But the tag-team elimination match was just breath-taking. Seriously, seriously good in-ring action. The Revival and DIY both need call-ups to the main roster, but the issue is now, with the NXT roster so thin, I kind of don't want them to get picked for RAW/SmackDown and get lost in the shuffle. NXT needs to build new stars now, with Shinsuke Nakamura seemingly saying goodbye to the crowd post-loss last night. I'm glad Asuka retained, too, because there were hints that WWE wanted her on SmackDown. But NXT needs her right now.

The Bobby Roode gimmick is excellent. He's a classic, classic heel. The entrance was great, too, but I'm not sure how high he can go. He'd be a midcard wrestler, of the Miz level, on the main roster. That's no slight on him. Nakamura is a main event player - like AJ - just because he's so damn good in the ring. It's hard to see who relinquishes Roode and Asuka of the belts. The latter has held hers for so long now, and I can imagine her dropping it at an NXT show before the next TakeOver personally. Roode, meanwhile, is presumably heading for a feud with Kassius? We shall see.

ReputationRep:
    Pre-show done and 100% still including Mojo! I CALLED IT

ReputationRep:
    Is Ambrose/Corbin part of the pre-show? Caught the end of the AGBM, Gronk dude getting involved was bit random but surprised Jinder was the last guy to go.

ReputationRep:
    Is Ambrose/Corbin part of the pre-show? Caught the end of the AGBM, Gronk dude getting involved was bit random but surprised Jinder was the last guy to go.
    Jinder's been on the roids so has been getting a push because now he looks ripped and sexy.

IC title replacing SD women on the pre-show, it's like WWE are reading my posts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Jinder's been on the roids so has been getting a push because now he looks ripped and sexy.
    Yeah, those veins were easy to see. Must be more defined watching it in HD. He needs a haircut though..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, I felt the cruiserweight opener was brilliant. I'm a huge fan of Neville anyway, but he has really excelled as a heel and he was excellent once again tonight. It was the perfect opener: high-energy, plenty of spots, great athleticism and a really good meshing of styles. This feud should run and run. I'm so glad Neville retained, too. Aside from that, the pre-show was a let-down - the bout between Dean Ambrose and Baron Corbin was extremely flat, with a lack of crowd investment and reaction. I'm glad it was on the pre-show, because it would have been a bathroom break on the main card. Ambrose's star has fallen massively.

Elsewhere, the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal was just a joke. The Braun Strowman/Big Show spots were rushed, Sami Zayn deserved to go further, Mojo Rawley winning is something I didn't want or need (why is Triple H so big on him?!) and I have no idea who Rob Gronkowski is. Apparently he plays for the Pats as a tight end, but meh. I'm sure it's cool if you're an NFL fan.

ReputationRep:
    You're seriously doing that recap shtick no one reads during the event now, geez.

ReputationRep:
    Not a bad effort by Shane so far - thought he'd be gassed with the jog down the ramp for his entrance..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a decent stream link?
    PM me please!

ReputationRep:
    Good match, interesting ending with the finishers. I did think Jericho would win however a rematch tomorrow night before Y2J goes away.

ReputationRep:
    AJ/Shane was a waste, just unnecessary, got nothing out of it other than the obligatory Shane spot. Ok, great, he can do a shooting star now, but I don't watch the Olympics to see a random Jamaican run 100m in an admirable 15 seconds.

(Original post by JC.)
    Anyone got a decent stream link?
    PM me please!
    The Network is literally free for a month if you haven't subscribed before, and if you have you would've got an email giving you nearly 3 months free, come on mang.

ReputationRep:
    Hardy Boyz are back!

ReputationRep:
    Talking of a waste - that Mixed Tag match was another one. Cena squashing Miz quite quickly after early offence by the latter and now here comes the marriage proposal..

ReputationRep:

WWE camerawork has often been dodgy, but it's been so bad recently. They cut to crowd shots or highlights whenever a wrestler is going to do their trademark pose or a big thing. Like when they were about to do their big DELETE victory. Anyone in the industry would know they were about to do it, but let's cut to highlights.

Talking of a waste - that Mixed Tag match was another one. Cena squashing Miz quite quickly after early offence by the latter and now here comes the marriage proposal..
    I bet Vince thought it was going to be a big WrestleMania moment, but because it was scripted (proving Miz completely right and validating him) and they're bad actors, it just fell flat.

ReputationRep:
    Crowd needed a breather and they got it from the Bray-Orton match..

Looks like Womens match from SD has been axed.

Reigns-Undertaker the main event. Three years in a row for Reigns and a main event spot.

ReputationRep:
    No, the Womens match wasn't binned.

Goldberg-Lesnar was perfectly booked - showcased everything it needed to. Bill looked gassed walking down the ramp!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.