Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    The notion of brands swapping jobbing talent is also ridiculous.
    Agreed... Hopefully though we can see these enhancement talent step up and shine.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phildjm)
    Agreed... Hopefully though we can see these enhancement talent step up and shine.
    I'd be willing to see Breezango pushed, because I think they're two decent workers who have quite natural comedic charisma. They'd be great, annoying foils for a babyface tag-team away from the main championship programme. Both tag divisions need major work, because they really lack depth right now.

ReputationRep:
    The way WWE swapped black announcers during the Shake-Up is hilarious.
    You racist prick.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neverdie)
    You racist prick.
    How?

By saying it's "hilarious", I'm highlighting how downright farcical it is.

ReputationRep:
    How?

You thinking they swapped two announcers because you noticed the colour of their skin is more indicative of your views, not theirs, which no one knows.

Everyone else thought they were just swapping #3 announcers, you looked at it and all you saw was their skin. First sexist, now racist.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    You thinking they swapped two announcers because you noticed the colour of their skin is more indicative of your views, not theirs, which no one knows.

Everyone else thought they were just swapping #3 announcers, you looked at it and all you saw was their skin. First sexist, now racist.
    No. I'm not the only person who noticed. Look at the comments: http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/raw-s...star-shake-up/

This is ridiculous. I was not being racist.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A great, great episode of RAW. Seth Rollins vs Samoa Joe confirmed for Payback, after the duo clashed on the mic after Rollins sat in on commentary for Joe's victory over Chris Jericho. Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns was also confirmed, with the latter absent from programming this week. Strowman was given the night off by Kurt Angle in the opening segment, but returned to fight Big Show and make the ring collapse in the main event. He's being booked like a monster right now, and I really want to see a Strowman vs Brock Lesnar feud, personally. He's improving in the ring, on the mic, and fully deserves this post-WrestleMania push, considering how he was misused beforehand.

In other in-ring action, we saw Big Cass and Enzo lose to Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows, as the babyfaces pick up yet another loss. It's good booking to give The Club some victories, but it devalues the babyfaces - even though Amore is taking the pins. That will help Cass when he gets a singles push, with Enzo as his mouthpiece. That match only occurred after Strowman had battered The Golden Truth, who were set to face The Club, backstage. We also saw Jeff Hardy beat Cesaro in a really fun bout, which served as the penultimate of the night. After, Matt Hardy and Sheamus shook hands.

Much better was the match between TJ Perkins and Jack Gallagher, which saw the newly-turned heel pick up the win after some dirty tactics. The heel turn promises to revitalise a floundering Perkins, giving life to his character and adding depth to the division. That was probably my highlight of the night, aside from the women's Fatal 4-Way Number One Contender's Match, between Nia Jax, Sasha Banks, Mickie James and Alexa Bliss. The latter picked up the win, capitalising on Jax's dominance and removing her from the ring, giving her the chance to get the cover after Jax had impressed. That's the type of smart booking WWE needs to do more of. Jax looked strong and dominant, but was undermined by a smarter competitor. She looked really strong in losing. Bliss vs Bayley is a feud I can get behind.

The other segments of note were Finn Balor returning, after internet rumours he had suffered a legitimate injury in his victory over Jinder Mahal last week. He was booked to squash Curt Hawkins, and he did, obviously. It's great to see him in the ring enjoying himself, and I don't mind him squashing enhancement talent after enhancement talent, because he's been absent for so long and Bray Wyatt is currently tied up with Randy Orton over on SmackDown before he heads to RAW.

We also saw Dean Ambrose on MizTV. He looked and sounded great - probably the best in months. He was terrific, full of heart and charisma. He was focused in his promo, not the meandering, "lunatic"-lite gimmick filled with comedy we have been used to seeing on SmackDown. To be honest, I could do without another Dean Ambrose vs Miz feud, but Maryse adds depth to it, and it'll be interesting going forward. Both are working hard, doing some great work, and the matches will be really solid.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm not the only person who noticed. Look at the comments: http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/raw-s...star-shake-up/

This is ridiculous. I was not being racist.
    So you found some article where one comment noted they were black, more as a joke than a summary or main reason of it, well that's alright then. Just add it to your sexism and sweep it under the rug.

You saw two people and only saw their skin colour. That's ignorant if not racist.

They were swapped to freshen up the commentary, not like anyone else was going to be traded instead. By all means, say they're both generic or boring, but don't just focus on their race like some 19th Century idiot. Or I guess 21st Century idiot, since discrimination is fashionable again.

ReputationRep:
    since discrimination is fashionable again.
    You spout a lot of sh*t and love to start arguments and accuse them of derailing the thread when they answer back but this is kinda true.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So you found some article where one comment noted they were black, more as a joke than a summary or main reason of it, well that's alright then. Just add it to your sexism and sweep it under the rug.

You saw two people and only saw their skin colour. That's ignorant if not racist.
    There have been comments all over social media about it. My timeline was full of them. There have been memes, WhatCulture have commented on it, and there has been plenty of discussion.

ReputationRep:
    Woah, Longshot's back, time to get banning again.

There have been comments all over social media about it. My timeline was full of them. There have been memes, WhatCulture have commented on it, and there has been plenty of discussion.
    Sureeee, and as I said that makes your view a-ok.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Brother Longshot, I knew youd come

I just remembered I havent been here for months and I just managed to catch him up to his usual tricks. Anyway:

Product is great atm
    AJ Styles still GOAT
    WM 33 Was an 8/10 (AJ V Shane best match)
    HARDY BOYZ
    Fire JBL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)

I just remembered I havent been here for months and I just managed to catch him up to his usual tricks. Anyway:

Product is great atm
    AJ Styles still GOAT
    HARDY BOYZ
    Fire JBL
    Yeah, I pretty much assumed I'd never watch WWE again as it'd gone to pot, but AJ debuting got me interested and the product has come leaps and bounds in the past year. Best mania in a LONG time, that's for sure. Shame about the 3 main event matches being a disappointment - well, I say that, the Bill vs Brock match was actually a match this time, so that delivered slightly more than expected, but it was still s***.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)

Product is great atm
    AJ Styles still GOAT
    HARDY BOYZ
    Fire JBL
    I will render you OBSOLETE! DELETE!

Gotta love Jeff hardy's ladder spot at WM 10 years on from WM 23 with that spot with Edge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Yeah, I pretty much assumed I'd never watch WWE again as it'd gone to pot, but AJ debuting got me interested and the product has come leaps and bounds in the past year. Best mania in a LONG time, that's for sure. Shame about the 3 main event matches being a disappointment - well, I say that, the Bill vs Brock match was actually a match this time, so that delivered slightly more than expected, but it was still s***.
    I was hoping for Bill to win.

Haven't been here in a while, you already know you're famous on reddit right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot111)
    I was hoping for Bill to win.

Haven't been here in a while, you already know you're famous on reddit right?
    I was a HUGE Goldberg fan back in the day but this run was a bit silly tbh, glad to see it over. No way he should be squashing well-established stars just because he can't work anymore and WWE wanted to cash in on a bit of nostalgia :lol:

Was it that f***ing "I'm 26, she's 12" clickbait thread again :rofl: That s*** is everywhere!

ReputationRep:

Get off the kool-aid mate. Stop taking offence to things that just mention colour. Considering his comment, you were being counterproductive. He's pointing out how WWE try to make sure to have a black man on commentary on each brand just because they're black. Him noticing racism doesn't make him racist. WWE had one black announcer on each team, including NXT. During the brand split they swap the black announcers for each other. When one of them is off doing a movie, they got him replaced by a third black guy. This s**t has been obvious for a while. Most people predicted that Booker would be replacing Otunga anyway. WWE think having a black announcer makes them seem more diverse and inclusive. It's ignorant but they have well intentions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I was a HUGE Goldberg fan back in the day but this run was a bit silly tbh, glad to see it over. No way he should be squashing well-established stars just because he can't work anymore and WWE wanted to cash in on a bit of nostalgia :lol:

Was it that f***ing "I'm 26, she's 12" clickbait thread again :rofl: That s*** is everywhere!
    Yup. It was, how many times were you bombarded, when I saw it on reddit, I was like "omg, I knew that guy!" . XD

ReputationRep:
    How?

All you're highlighting is their race. What is wrong with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uw0tm9)
    Get off the kool-aid mate. Stop taking offence to things that just mention colour. Considering his comment, you were being counterproductive. He's pointing out how WWE try to make sure to have a black man on commentary on each brand just because they're black. Him noticing racism doesn't make him racist. WWE had one black announcer on each team, including NXT. During the brand split they swap the black announcers for each other. When one of them is off doing a movie, they got him replaced by a third black guy. This s**t has been obvious for a while. Most people predicted that Booker would be replacing Otunga anyway. WWE think having a black announcer makes them seem more diverse and inclusive. It's ignorant but they have well intentions.
    Trust me, this guy starts arguments over everything, he'll pester you if you don't respond and when you do, he'll accuse you of derailing the thread. He's even been attacking mackay because he makes long reviews now and again.

No offense Mackay, thanks for the rep btw.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.