ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    IWC?
    Internet Wrestling Community.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    QUESTION: Anyone got the network here from the UK? need to ask something
    Yeah, man. Only use it on my laptop and not a console, though.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Yeah, man. Only use it on my laptop and not a console, though.
    If i sign up today, of course i will get a free month, will i have to pay for any more months?or can i sign up and delete my account or choose not to pay for any months after that if i want?

I remember hearing its 9.99 with a 6 month subscription, as in you have to pay for 6 months. hopefully you can understand it?

ReputationRep:
    If i sign up today, of course i will get a free month, will i have to pay for any more months?or can i sign up and delete my account or choose not to pay for any months after that if i want?

I remember hearing its 9.99 with a 6 month subscription, as in you have to pay for 6 months. hopefully you can understand it?
    They've made it a no month commitment thing now so you should be able to get this free month then cancel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    They've made it a no month commitment thing now so you should be able to get this free month then cancel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great I'll sign up now

EDIT: When i go to sign up and put info in it says the cost is still £9.99 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Great I'll sign up now

EDIT: When i go to sign up and put info in it says the cost is still £9.99 :confused:
    Does that say monthly. Then that's fine as this month is free anyway. Maybe they charge 9.99 purchase price the cheeky buggars. Anyone clarify this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Does that say monthly. Then that's fine as this month is free anyway. Maybe they charge 9.99 purchase price the cheeky buggars. Anyone clarify this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    but here: http://www.wwe.com/help it says you only get charged in march if you dont cancel before then
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You'll get charged in March if you fail to cancel, yeah. Set a reminder on the 28th of February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    The IWC will never be happy. Last year, we were all fuming about Bryan being snubbed for Batista - and even Reigns was cheered during the final two because he would have been seen as a 'better' choice to win the Rumble. Now, he's public enemy number one.
    Evidently the solution to this is to PUSH DANIEL BRYAN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

I think with other fan favourites there was always the reasoning that there was something that meant they couldn't get the push. RVD (drugs), Ryback (unsafe), Barratt (too fast), so peopel accepted it, but with Bryan there's no reason. His matches are usually match of the night, he has tonnes of experience, he has a look, he has a catchphrase, he's clean and reliable, still has momentum, and most importantly he has the biggest reaction from every demographic in the crowd. He's not just ticked some boxes like other champs, he's ticked them all.

He's an indy darling, but CM Punk not only became champ but had the longest reigning champ in recent time. He's small, but so was Rey, Eddie, Benoit. He's a less flashy, technical wrestler, but that never stopped the likes of Benoit and Angle.

So when he doesn't get his shot and it goes to his antithesis, people are gonna be in uproar, let alone twice in a row. The reason people got mad in 2015 is probably because his 2014 shot was forced, empty and done begrudgingly. His reign would've been awful, and started badly. Also it was the way the Rumble played out, it was devoid of imagination and looked suspiciously like it was done to spite the fans, as they dump out all their favourites relatively quickly and unceremoniously.

In 2000, the final four was Kane, X-Pac, Big Show and The Rock. In 2015 it was Dean Ambrose, Kane, Big Show and Roman Reigns. Dean Ambrose may be on the level of X-Pac back then, but Reigns is no Rock. Let's not even get into Corporate Kane and Big Snore still being there 15 years later.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    he has a look
    This is where I stop because this is what WWE dont think he has

For me youve gotta do a mix of what fans want and what the business want. We arent asking for a majoy major push, we just want him to be amongst the best headliners, winning and losing championship matches, not the face of WWE

ReputationRep:
    Lets be real here Reigns has much more of "The Look" then Bryan will ever have.

Not to say that Bryan doesn't deserve a push, obviously.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    100%.

ReputationRep:
    This is where I stop because this is what WWE dont think he has

For me youve gotta do a mix of what fans want and what the business want. We arent asking for a majoy major push, we just want him to be amongst the best headliners, winning and losing championship matches, not the face of WWE
    As pointed out in the rest of the post, he does exactly what the business wants. He's a clean, company guy who has tonnes of experience and ability.

(Original post by AR_95)

Not to say that Bryan doesn't deserve a push, obviously.
    I didn't say 'the look' though, I said 'a look', something recognisable. 'The look' is Vince's pre-conceived idea from the 80s of what a wrestler 'should' look like (a big, tanned hoss), which is the problem.

ReputationRep:
    As pointed out in the rest of the post, he does exactly what the business wants. He's a clean, company guy who has tonnes of experience and ability.

I didn't say 'the look' though, I said 'a look', something recognisable. 'The look' is Vince's pre-conceived idea from the 80s of what a wrestler 'should' look like (a big, tanned hoss), which is the problem.
    There's this
    Spoiler:
    Show

And then there's this

Spoiler:
    Show

Let's be glad Reigns isn't at the extreme end I guess. Quite an agile "brute" compared to the rest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    There's this
    Spoiler:
    Show

And then there's this

Spoiler:
    Show

Let's be glad Reigns isn't at the extreme end I guess. Quite an agile "brute" compared to the rest
    I don't mind Reigns, though I'm not sure if his title matches would be entertaining yet, but I'm just saying why he was booed. Why push a good star when you have a great one?

ReputationRep:
    Undertaker for one more Wrestlemania

ReputationRep:
    He's an indy darling, but CM Punk not only became champ but had the longest reigning champ in recent time. He's small, but so was Rey, Eddie, Benoit. He's a less flashy, technical wrestler, but that never stopped the likes of Benoit and Angle.
    There's only one problem with that argument. Eddie and Benoit's title runs caused a slight decline in television ratings and absolutely crashed WWE's pay-per-view buyrates. Rey's reign had a similar effect but to a lesser degree.

There's been guys in wrestling who are super over, loved by the crowd who are already there but the people won't pay to watch them wrestle. Similar thing with Jeff Hardy, he was red hot but couldn't carry the company and there's a good chance that if Bryan got a long title run he'd fall into that category too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    There's only one problem with that argument. Eddie and Benoit's title runs caused a slight decline in television ratings and absolutely crashed WWE's pay-per-view buyrates. Rey's reign had a similar effect but to a lesser degree.

There's been guys in wrestling who are super over, loved by the crowd who are already there but the people won't pay to watch them wrestle. Similar thing with Jeff Hardy, he was red hot but couldn't carry the company and there's a good chance that if Bryan got a long title run he'd fall into that category too.
    I think it's clear by now that Vince and/or Triple H book who they like, and ratings aren't too big a deal. The little title reigns individually don't make much of a change, it's per year that trends can be seen. There are ups and downs and slight declines in reigns of established guys like Triple H, Orton and Cena, and the idea that all these 'small' guys made the ratings stink is hearsay.

The truth is, during Eddie and Benoit's reigns for example, Raw ratings hit 4.0 several times, for the first time in nearly half a year (when Triple H and Goldberg had reigns), even after WrestleMania. It was when JBL (the hoss of all hosses) won the title from Eddie, and Orton (then Triple H) held Raw's after Benoit, that ratings declined consistently, even hitting a 2.7 at one point.

Even if that wasn't the case, I doubt Vince would swap a few weeks of higher ratings for the moment like Eddie winning the title.

As for the PPV buyrates, Benoit's and I think Eddie's reigns were infamously weak (as was Rey's), you can only blame the booking for that one.

ReputationRep:
    I think they could have waited a bit on Reigns, let that be a slow burn. And milked Bryan for at least another year or so - surely they're making a ton off his merch sales.

As for that comment about the next giy should be a mixture of what the business wants and what the fans want. That's a silly comment. Let's be honest, Reigns is more likely to bring in more money than anyone else in the company. Even in 2015, having the look is still the most important thing. Just because people are vocal against Reigns, doesn't mean the masses are against him. The kids are the ones pumping money into the company, and the kids are fully behind Reigns.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    I think they could have waited a bit on Reigns, let that be a slow burn. And milked Bryan for at least another year or so - surely they're making a ton off his merch sales.

As for that comment about the next giy should be a mixture of what the business wants and what the fans want. That's a silly comment. Let's be honest, Reigns is more likely to bring in more money than anyone else in the company. Even in 2015, having the look is still the most important thing. Just people people are vocal against Reigns, doesn't mean the masses are are against him. The kids are the ones pumping money into the company, and the kids are fully behind Reigns.
    Reigns is a superstar in the making - you can hear the excitement when his music starts, the anticipation in the kids watching, the women get hot under the collar looking at him etc.

Bryan would have made a more logical push given the year he's had - but at the same time, part of me kind of thinks he's had his chance and it's time to put somebody else in the WM carousel.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.