Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    IBanks vs Alexa was great
    That arm contortion = spot of the night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    If last night has done anything, it's fully transitioned Reigns as a heel.

Great PPV otherwise.
    That's no guarantee, as Stone Cold also tried to murder Triple H.

Face and heel are done with anyway, now it's just people. A few are obviously supposed to be good (Becky Lynch, Cena), some obviously dicks or sociopathic (Triple H, Kevin Owens, Erick Rowan), the rest depends on context and you. Still, it seems we're allowed to like who we want now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Really good episode of RAW that, too, with some development of old feuds and fresh ones set-up. The night started with Cass delivering a similar promo as the post-Great Balls of Fire Raw Talk. He basically set his eyes on the Universal Championship, only for the Big Show to interrupt and foreshadow a singles match between the pair at Summerslam. Clearly, Enzo is no threat to Cass - so he needs a physical body to help harness his cause. Show is a natural fit, and this match will likely signal a changing of the guard, with the new giant defeating the old.

The in-ring action was solid last night. Finn Balor beat Elias Samson, but both men need to be doing something new now. Balor deserves a feud with the Miz, in my view. Sadly, it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon. We saw the Miz and his Miztourage present the Mizzies, only for Dean Ambrose - and Seth Rollins - to interrupt proceedings and sent the heels into retreat mode. A Seth Rollins vs the Miz feud is fresh and engages me. The Intercontinental Championship has been elevated no end, and this gives one of the least over babyfaces on the roster (Rollins is a great athlete and talker but miscast as a fan favourite, imho) the chance to rub up against the company's finest heel. The Miz and Cass are the two best heels on the roster right now. They are supposed to be booed and they are booed, which is refreshing.

As for Ambrose, I don't know where he goes from here. Maybe a feud with Samson. He basically rubbished any suggestion that a mini-Shield reunion was coming, but also helped Rollins ward off the Miz after the heel cost him in the main event vs Bray Wyatt. It was refreshing to see Wyatt pick up a second win in as many nights. I wonder if we're set for a Balor vs Wyatt feud going forward? In the other matches, the Hardy Boyz lost to Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows before they were beaten down by the Revival. Having them lose 24 hours after going through a gruelling 30 Man Iron Man match was the only way to go. We also saw Neville and Noam Dar team up in the cruiserweight division, only for them to lose to Cedric Alexander and Akira Tozawa.

We also saw Bayley pick up a rare win, helping Sasha Banks overcome Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss when she rolled up the champion to win the tag team match. WWE is clearly gearing up for two Fatal 4-Way matches at Summerslam: the aforementioned quartet of women's superstars, and Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe vs Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman.

After Goldust dispatched of R-Truth in a culmination of their feud last night, we saw those four in the ring alongside Kurt Angle. The segment ended with Angle announcing Reigns vs. Joe for next week, with the winner challenging Lesnar at Summerslam. But expect Strowman to return and thrust himself into contention, with a no-finish next week. This allows Lesnar to drop the belt at Summerslam without getting pinned, too, which would be a welcome development. As for Angle... it appears we're en route to find out the meaning of his mystery backstage segments next week. Could we get Triple H vs Angle at Summerslam?

ReputationRep:
    I am loving RAW at the minute. The last month or so and the PPV itself have been compelling television and for the first time in years I really wanna see what happens next after every episode! I can't wait for Joe vs Roman and the Angle mystery next week. Of course the payoff might suck and tune me out again but for now, great job WWE!!

Strowman will probably screw Roman next week to set them up for the big blowoff at Summerslam and confirm Joe vs Lesnar II. That's what should happen anyway.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I am loving RAW at the minute. The last month or so and the PPV itself have been compelling television and for the first time in years I really wanna see what happens next after every episode! I can't wait for Joe vs Roman and the Angle mystery next week. Of course the payoff might suck and tune me out again but for now, great job WWE!!

Strowman will probably screw Roman next week to set them up for the big blowoff at Summerslam and confirm Joe vs Lesnar II. That's what should happen anyway.
    I don't usually like multi-man matches - they seem clustered and disjointed - but I'd take two Fatal 4-Ways at this stage: Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax vs Bayley, and Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe vs Brock Lesnar.

Apparently WWE gave AJ the belt because they have a DVD of him coming out next year and wanted another crowing glory style moment to feature on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I don't usually like multi-man matches - they seem clustered and disjointed - but I'd take two Fatal 4-Ways at this stage: Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax vs Bayley, and Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe vs Brock Lesnar.

Apparently WWE gave AJ the belt because they have a DVD of him coming out next year and wanted another crowing glory style moment to feature on it.
    I thought about the 4 way but I'm not sure it's the right way to go. Roman vs Strowman especially but also Joe vs Lesnar need a big decisive final blowoff and it's impossible to do that in a multi man match.

Unless they twist the roads together at Summerslam and then seperate them again and both paths run into the Hell in a Cell? That could be really cool if they can keep it as hot as it is now until then.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I thought about the 4 way but I'm not sure it's the right way to go. Roman vs Strowman especially but also Joe vs Lesnar need a big decisive final blowoff and it's impossible to do that in a multi man match.

Unless they twist the roads together at Summerslam and then seperate them again and both paths run into the Hell in a Cell? That could be really cool if they can keep it as hot as it is now until then.
    At this stage, I feel Reigns vs Strowman is done - for the time being. We've seen that singles bout on three PPVs this year. I think Strowman needs the belt next, personally. WWE needs to capitalise on him.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like having triple threat/ fatal 4 ways for the title match, but the idea of Strowman squaring off against Joe is very exciting. Considering just how big all 4 wrestlers are, this will be a brutal main event.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The Paige/ADR relationship is really doing neither of them any favours. It seems very toxic to me http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/pai...on-sick-uncle/

ReputationRep:
    The Paige/ADR relationship is really doing neither of them any favours. It seems very toxic to me http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/pai...on-sick-uncle/
    Another piece on the situation here.

Whole thing seems a mess and not too surprised about Del Rio but Paige, one would worry about her even more.

She needs help to get out of this abusive relationship and get some stability. Rock's producing a comedy drama on her life and family but sometimes think it's (the publicity on her) is the last thing she needs.

ReputationRep:
    At this stage, I feel Reigns vs Strowman is done - for the time being. We've seen that singles bout on three PPVs this year. I think Strowman needs the belt next, personally. WWE needs to capitalise on him.
    I thought it would be done after the ambulance match because I was expecting one to lay the other out and clearly win the match with no follow up afterwards. The way they've done it now means Strowman has to want revenge on Roman in some kind of hellish violent fight without having 2 other guys in the way.

They can easily get it to Summerslam at least. I do sincerely hope the Miz vs Dean Ambrose feud goes away and never comes back though ... that was scorched earth over a month ago!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I thought it would be done after the ambulance match because I was expecting one to lay the other out and clearly win the match with no follow up afterwards. The way they've done it now means Strowman has to want revenge on Roman in some kind of hellish violent fight without having 2 other guys in the way.

They can easily get it to Summerslam at least. I do sincerely hope the Miz vs Dean Ambrose feud goes away and never comes back though ... that was scorched earth over a month ago!
    I sense a Dean heel turn. It's best for him - and probably best for Rollins. Rollins has struggled getting over as a babyface, despite facing Triple H and beating him at WM. Having him want to reform the Shield but Ambrose turn on him is ideal, imho.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Teddy Long strikes again on SmackDown, with WWE booking a multiman main event. Kevin Owens and Rusev teamed up to lose to John Cena and AJ Styles in the main event, after the latter opened the show by revealing he would bring back the US Open Challenge now he's the champion. This bodes really well: he can have a solid bout with anybody, and it could make stars of Tye Dillinger, Luke Harper, Chad Gable et al. The main event itself was solid but I would have preferred the heels to get the win. Owens/Rusev will undoubtedly lose at Battleground, and it's hard to see what momentum they have.

There was plenty of Battleground development elsewhere too: Xavier Woods went over Jey Uso in a brief singles match, after both the New Day and Jimmy Uso were consigned to the back by the referee. We also saw Shinsuke Nakamura and Baron Corbin brawl before their singles match started, leaving Shane McMahon to book a bout at the upcoming PPV between the pair. Going the cowardly route with Corbin is the right call imho. I think he should continue attacking people from behind. In terms of other in-ring action, Jinder Mahal went over Tye Dillinger in the opening match of the night. Mahal cut a promo post-match but it was the same promo we've been hearing for weeks. He needs to develop his character at this stage because he's growing stale. He still draws heat, sure, but his character arc is non-existent. He is just staying in the same position. He needs to dispatch of Randy Orton and move onto new challengers. At this juncture, the "I'm foreign, boo me" shtick is tired.

Shane also booked a Fatal 5-Way Elimination Match to determine the number one contender to Naomi for Battleground. Lana will go up against Tamina, who teamed up with Natalya last night in a winning effort vs Becky Lynch and Charlotte, at the PPV. Tamina picked up the win for her team last night, but there's really only one winner at Battleground: Charlotte. She and Naomi feel like they have unfinished business and having them lock horns through the summer is smart, providing Charlotte turns fully-fledged heel. In the other notable segments, we saw Mike Kanellis attack Sami Zayn, setting up a Battleground bout no doubt, after he and Maria called him out for interrupting their love-in last week.

We also saw The Fashion Files, which was once again my show highlight, as they spoke to the Hype Bros backstage and tried to discover who stole Tyler Breeze's toy horse. The pair are the best thing on SmackDown right now - bar nothing. They are so over, so entertaining and they are clearly having a say in creative. Some of their sly Fashion Files jokes have clearly been created by themselves, and wouldn't have been OK-d by management, you imagine.

On 205 Live, we saw Neville attack Akira Tozawa in his opening bout against Ariya Daivari, cementing his place on the cruiserweight roster as head and shoulders above anybody else. The lack of challengers for him at this point is an indictment on how dominant he has been, and how poor WWE have been at creating a worthwhile roster to invest in. We also saw Jack Gallagher show a more serious side as he brawled with The Brian Kendrick. Kendrick is a top notch performer and fantastic at what he does, while Gallagher has real potential imho. In terms of other in-ring action, we saw Rich Swann beat Mario Connors, before his friendly rivalry with TJP led to Perkins trying - and succeeding - to beat Connors in a shorter amount of time. That's an intriguing storyline going forward. In the main event, Cedric Alexander finally - finally - put away Noam Dar, who dumped Alicia Fox and drew a pop but quickly reverted to being a heel by cutting a scathing promo on the crowd. These two men need to move forward now. The feud has outstayed its welcome by months.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    GFW suspends ADR: https://whatculture.com/wwe/gfw-susp...rlando-airport

ReputationRep:
    Guesses for Kurt Angle's secret lover?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xcuttlefish)
    I think it'll be an illegitimate child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xcuttlefish)
    Back when he was around, the answer was always Hornswoggle.

Eric Bischoff says that this is a spoiler and it's

Spoiler:
    Show

Dixie Carter, who has already appeared on WWE programming on the Kurt Angle documentary.

Which is just to take the piss out of the AJ/Claire Lynch TNA storyline for no reason, and how would Vince even know about that storyline?

I don't know anything about it other than it sounds completely stupid and pointless, and if it's serious the only one that makes some semblance of sense on the current roster is Alexa Bliss given that she's been pushed heavily yet in-ring she's been made to look like a non-wrestler who gets destroyed but wins by rollup/cheat every time (she's basically the female Mikey Whipwreck). And it would be just like Vince to learn there was a rumour of her being a slut from the internet and use this storyline to 'rib' her, plus Kurt due to his adulterous past.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Dixie or Steph is too obvious imho. An illegitimate child on the roster could happen, or it could be some sort of retirement gimmick where he's been told he can never wrestle again, so calls out HHH for a retirement match or some *******s.

I'd like Graves to be his gay lover, though. What a swerve.

ReputationRep:
    New day Rocks !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** has WWE cancelled its best programming in Talking Smack?! It was brilliant

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2017
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.