Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boomsmitty)
    Who's big nowadays in WWF? I used to love it growing up and recently just got Sky. Would be interesting to give it a nostalgic watch actually and see what's happening. Do people still get put through the Spanish commentary table? Class.
    Top guys are Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Randy Orton and The Rock whenever he feels like returning, but there's a new breed breathing life into the company. Guys like Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose have the potential to go really far.

ReputationRep:
    The Rock?! What a beast! Are there any "hardcore" tag teams? Like The Hardy Boyz or the Dudleys who used to do mad stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    You're a ****ing idiot. He's consistently good at performing in the ring I said, that has nothing to do with the outcome of the match. He barely wins anymore, anyway.

Don't let him ruin this thread too. His #1 agenda on this forum is getting reactions out of other people.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The Rock?! What a beast! Are there any "hardcore" tag teams? Like The Hardy Boyz or the Dudleys who used to do mad stuff.
    The tag-team division is pretty stale, man.

The Dudleys are rumoured to be returning, weirdly enough, but the 'hardcore' wrestlers these days are dying out sadly.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    WWE turned PG. As you can imagine, the explicit days of the attitude era are now the past.

Rarely weapons are used like they were, and in particular no more chair shots to the head or blading foreheads.

Its boring watching the same chair shots to the gut then the back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Don't let him ruin this thread too. His #1 agenda on this forum is getting reactions out of other people.
    **** me you're bitter anyone disagrees with you and they're either "trolling" or "baiting". Probably the most bitter person I've ever encountered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Hu)
    **** me you're bitter anyone disagrees with you and they're either "trolling" or "baiting". Probably the most bitter person I've ever encountered.

ReputationRep:
    That's a shame that's it's been turned down a bit. But there was a time when every event had a TLC match, Hell in the Cell etc. One of my favourite matches was Mankind and The Undertaker in a Boiler Room Brawl match at Backlash 1999 (I think) and it was mental. The Undertaker choke slammed Mankind off of a ladder and through a table which was stacked high with panes of glass.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, it was the Big Show. Not The Undertaker, but it was a choke slam.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and theres no chance in hell of seeing an inferno match again!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Pardon the pun

ReputationRep:
    That McMahon vs Taker buried alive match where Kane intervened gave me nightmares...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Hu)
    That McMahon vs Taker buried alive match where Kane intervened gave me nightmares...
    Yeah, that bang that goes off when hes getting in the digger makes me jump.

Still dont know how the superstar survives without suffocating haha. i think the soil is so thin they can move around in it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    That's a shame that's it's been turned down a bit. But there was a time when every event had a TLC match, Hell in the Cell etc. One of my favourite matches was Mankind and The Undertaker in a Boiler Room Brawl match at Backlash 1999 (I think) and it was mental. The Undertaker choke slammed Mankind off of a ladder and through a table which was stacked high with panes of glass.
    Daniel Bryan put Kane through a burning table at Extreme Rules last year which was a pretty cool throwback to that era.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Daniel Bryan put Kane through a burning table at Extreme Rules last year which was a pretty cool throwback to that era.
    Nice! I don't want to sound like a weirdo but there was something very satisfying about somebody going through a table. My brother and I were in the States once when we were younger and we got so excited when we saw "those" tables and folding steel chairs because they didn't have them in the UK. Part of me deep down would probably like to be "Rock Bottomed" through one. Haha, quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    Yeah, that bang that goes off when hes getting in the digger makes me jump.

Still dont know how the superstar survives without suffocating haha. i think the soil is so thin they can move around in it
    Must be, the sheer thought of even acting out being buried alive scares me to... Death :laugh: Taker's haunting of Kane and then return at Mania was probably my favourite every storyline though.

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I don't want to sound like a weirdo but there was something very satisfying about somebody going through a table. My brother and I were in the States once when we were younger and we got so excited when we saw "those" tables and folding steel chairs because they didn't have them in the UK. Part of me deep down would probably like to be "Rock Bottomed" through one.
    no i feel you mate, don't mean to sound like a weirdo either, but part of me deep down really wants to abducted from my own bed in the middle of the night and thrown from the top of blackpool tower, having been made to confess in writing to a series of crimes i didn't commit
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Hu)
    Must be, the sheer thought of even acting out being buried alive scares me to... Death :laugh: Taker's haunting of Kane and then return at Mania was probably my favourite every storyline though.
    Yeah, must have a trap door or something.. but remember when Taker poked his hand out the dirt? freaky shizz.

Dont know my favorite story line tbh, though I like american badass Taker and I think Minos try Taker was the closest to the gimmick you can get really
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I don't want to sound like a weirdo but there was something very satisfying about somebody going through a table. My brother and I were in the States once when we were younger and we got so excited when we saw "those" tables and folding steel chairs because they didn't have them in the UK. Part of me deep down would probably like to be "Rock Bottomed" through one. Haha, quality.
    Guess you'll enjoy this, then!

ReputationRep:
    I remember when Pappa Shango put a curse on the Ultimate Warrior. That was terrifying at the time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    Yeah, must have a trap door or something.. but remember when Taker poked his hand out the dirt? freaky shizz.

Dont know my favorite story line tbh, though I like american badass Taker and I think Minos try Taker was the closest to the gimmick you can get really
    Michaels' return in 2002 is my favourite ever storyline tbh.

From a modern perspective, I'd say the rise of the Nexus and Punk's pipebomb era are up there for me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.