Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    EC can work but the matches have to be of sufficient quality. I guess, that they haven't been and its taken the edge away from that PPV.
    Lol @ Santino and The Great Khali appearing in an EC match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Lol @ Santino and The Great Khali appearing in an EC match.
    Erm...on second thoughts...bring on...the...FAST LANE!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Wrestlemania XX/Backlash 2001 were the GOAT in terms of stage set-up.
    GOAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    WM is always situated around my bday (31st March)

I was buzzing when i was a young fan to find my favourite wrestler the Undertaker has a birthday one week before mine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    GOAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Greatest of all-time".
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Anybody watch Botchamania frequently?

JEYYZUS
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hope WWE make Ziggler pull double duty at the Rumble, losing to BNB early on in the night and then joining the Rumble and coming close to winning it.

Weird that there isn't a heel in line to win it, though. It's either Reigns, Bryan, Ziggler in a realistic world.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Reigns is only being pushed cus hes the only one that actually hasnt had a push or a major title, hes not actually that good for me yet

Bryan should win, beat Lesnar at WM31 and lesnar leaves, which could leave a Rollins V Reigns V Cena V Bryan group

ReputationRep:
    Bryan would be the perfect person to take Lesnar. He's on the verge of becoming the new Cena though if that happens

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Bryan wants Lesnar: http://whatculture.com/wwe/daniel-br...lemania-31.php

Don't see how Reigns won't be in the WM31 Main Event, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)
    Anybody watch Botchamania frequently?

JEYYZUS
    Love the Booker T intro, and every time the Oompa Loompa comes out to Tazz's music.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Love the Booker T intro, and every time the Oompa Loompa comes out to Tazz's music.
    I know. The newest intro is the best though, with the retro SmackDown style... particularly the large JEEZUS that pops up, its one of my favourite Botchamania moment.

Dusty Rhodes' "Hes got a bicycle" is quality too.

Im not sure which number its on but when edge destroys the GM Laptop and Maffew puts a Windows error noise every time he hits it, quality! made me crease when i seen it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Bryan wants Lesnar: http://whatculture.com/wwe/daniel-br...lemania-31.php

Don't see how Reigns won't be in the WM31 Main Event, though.
    I read this on a different website, same info though. I read wrestlezone.com
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The only good thing about The Authority returning this early means that we don't have to put up with that dire anonymous GM angle.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    New commentary line-ups:
    RAW: Michael Cole, John 'Bradshaw' Layfield and Booker T.
    SmackDown: Michael Cole, Jerry 'The King' Lawler and Byron Saxton.

ReputationRep:
    WWE might be bringing back the brand split. I think it's important that they do that. Way too many superstars don't get enough TV time and most people don't even watch Smackdown any more because it feels no different from RAW. I haven't watched a full episode of Smackdown since 2010. Smackdown needs to feel like a major show again so brand split is vital.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    WWE might be bringing back the brand split. I think it's important that they do that. Way too many superstars don't get enough TV time and most people don't even watch Smackdown any more because it feels no different from RAW. I haven't watched a full episode of Smackdown since 2010. Smackdown needs to feel like a major show again so brand split is vital.
    I don’t think we should go back to the brand extension again mainly because it’s part of the reason WWE is in the mess it’s in: too many minor wrestlers nobody cares about in throwaway storylines.

The first thing WWE should do is move to cut RAW back to merely two hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    The brand split is the reason why Smackdown stopped being a major show. It was a major show during the turn of the century and the start of the brand split, but Raw got focus for obvious reasons. Nothing good can ever stay on Smackdown.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    The brand split is the reason why Smackdown stopped being a major show. It was a major show during the turn of the century and the start of the brand split, but Raw got focus for obvious reasons. Nothing good can ever stay on Smackdown.
    It's weird, because SmackDown almost got too popular and WWE hated that.

That said, there was some absolute dross on show during the brand extension. Nobody cares about Kidman and London feuding, for example.

ReputationRep:
    It's weird, because SmackDown almost got too popular and WWE hated that.

That said, there was some absolute dross on show during the brand extension. Nobody cares about Kidman and London feuding, for example.
    And there's all the random nobodies who would be on the barebones roster page for months, show up for one match then never appear again, like Johnny Parisi.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.