The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_K1NG
They were but that's the point. Imagine if those matches were at Wrestlemania instead. It would have been so much better imo.

Backlash and Judgement Day only worked because of what happened at WrestleMania. Mick Foley never would've main evented. Rock never would've given the People's Elbow to Steph. McMahons never would've reunited as trash hailed down, on the grandest stage of them all.
Original post by ozzyoscy
You don't think Backlash and Judgement Day were the biggest matches of the year?

That's a tagline. It depends on the context, and ultimately on the card. WrestleMania XI, grandest stage of them all? Really? WrestleMania 9?

Would WrestleMania 2000 been any better with just Rock vs Triple H? Probably would've been worse, and lessened the effect of Backlash and Judgement Day.

If HHH and Rock faced at WM, the events that transpired on Backlash (Austin return) and Judgement Day (Undertaker Return) would have shifted to WM.

Backlash and Judgement day were the biggest matches because of the absence of a WM match card, thats not to say those matches were not better suited to WM. Rock and HHH facing off at WM is something you'd have expected to happen with their years worth of fued. Shame it didn't.
Original post by CrimsonRainDrops
I take it Undertaker isn't ever going to do the over the top rope suicide dive again?

He last did it at Wrestlemania 27 so no very unlikely that he will ever do that move again.
and did Roman Reigns just shove a fan out of the way ? :confused:
Original post by rickjames
If HHH and Rock faced at WM, the events that transpired on Backlash (Austin return) and Judgement Day (Undertaker Return) would have shifted to WM.

Backlash and Judgement day were the biggest matches because of the absence of a WM match card, thats not to say those matches were not better suited to WM. Rock and HHH facing off at WM is something you'd have expected to happen with their years worth of fued. Shame it didn't.

So you arguably slightly better the main event of one PPV to neuter the main events of two?

This is all conjecture, hyperbole, hypothesising, taglines and context. WrestleMania is a PPV first and foremost, and timing is everything. What we got was fine, fantastic in fact.
Original post by CrimsonRainDrops
and did Roman Reigns just shove a fan out of the way ? :confused:

I don't think his character is being played as a face. He's more of a neutral, just trying to prove everyone wrong and not caring about what the fans/heyman/lesnar/etc think (hence his new t shirt motto).

Pushing a fan out of the way looks to be within his character that he's playing I reckon
So you arguably slightly better the main event of one PPV to neuter the main events of two?

This is all conjecture, hyperbole, hypothesising, taglines and context. WrestleMania is a PPV first and foremost, and timing is everything. What we got was fine, fantastic in fact.

It was fantastic, but I'm at odds with your point that Wrestlemania being the grandest stage of them all is "just a tagline". It very much isn't - and you'd have expected Rock and HHH to face off on the grandest stage during their years of heavy fued. Infact, Rock and HHH have very rarely (if ever) had a singles match with no interruptions. Thats what Wrestlemania matches are built for - to settle it once and for all.
:rofl: Counted at least 10 middle fingers to the face
Plot Twist: Taker was told to act weak and old (as well as accidentally getting a concussion) in order to boost Lesnar, even though Taker probable couldve done better at WM30
It was fantastic, but I'm at odds with your point that Wrestlemania being the grandest stage of them all is "just a tagline". It very much isn't - and you'd have expected Rock and HHH to face off on the grandest stage during their years of heavy fued. Infact, Rock and HHH have very rarely (if ever) had a singles match with no interruptions. Thats what Wrestlemania matches are built for - to settle it once and for all.

You just said Vince McMahon, Austin and Undertaker all would've interfered at the hypothetical WM match...
You just said Vince McMahon, Austin and Undertaker all would've interfered at the hypothetical WM match...

I did, to imply that those very same matches shifted to WM would the events that unfolded even bigger. Because, WM is the biggest stage of them all. I never said that "would have" happened, but if it did it would have gone down in history and brought up year on year because its a "wrestlemania moment"

You argued Judgement Day & Backlash matches were the best matches of the year to argue a point that Rock vs HHH at Mania didn't need to happen (when there was no card by default to compare it to in the first place).
(edited 9 years ago)
"Suplex City Bitch" - Brock Lesnar
(edited 9 years ago)
Loving this. Lesnar is God. Heyman is Allah.
I think I'm the only Reigns fan here!
Man, I really don't feel like watching this.
I think I'm the only Reigns fan here!

No your not pal.
I'd laugh If roman just rolled over from being slapped and pulled Brocks pants down.
(edited 9 years ago)
Bloody amazing!
Best ending ever
Original post by Depleted
Predictions:

Cena beat Rusev
Orton beat Rollens
Triple H beat Sting
Kane win Battle Royal
Bryan win Ladder Match
Taker beat Wyatt
Reigns beat Lesnar