Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    There was a time where people preferred Smackdown over Raw.
    Had better exclusive PPVs, too.

Remember Smackdown's Judgment Day and Vengeance in 2003. Quality.

ReputationRep:
    Eddie and Benoit on smackdown, those were the days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Eddie and Benoit on smackdown, those were the days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Their match at Vengeance in 2003 was so good. A 20 minute opener. What a treat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    It was watchable at the start of the brand split, before the long-term effects of the brand split took hold i.e. making and keeping Smackdown weak so Raw was as strong as possible.
    Personally I enjoyed Smackdown till 2009. After that it started going downhill for me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    Personally I enjoyed Smackdown till 2009. After that it started going downhill for me.
    Went downhill from 2005 for me.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    Funnily enough thats when I stopped following.

Mainly because I didnt appreciate what WWE was (finally realised it was 'fake')

And amongst my school peers it wasnt a cool thing to do... Lucky I was hardly called a sado.

Nowadays I know its fake and its not a guy trying to punch someone in the face but its re-enactment, whilst entertaining with everything else, "sports entertainment"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavyhandscott)

And amongst my school peers it wasnt a cool thing to do... Lucky I was hardly called a sado.

Nowadays I know its fake and its not a guy trying to punch someone in the face but its re-enactment, whilst entertaining with everything else, "sports entertainment"
    I watched WWE from 1999 until 2007, then stopped until about 2012. Not sure why I got back into it tbh.

ReputationRep:

I always had a sneaky suspicion that WWE was fake and that suspicion was confirmed when I read all the spoilers and the dirt sheets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Went downhill from 2005 for me.
    I watched it till 2010 because of the Undertaker but then he was gone so I felt no reason to watch Smackdown any more.

ReputationRep:
    Started watching WWE again when the Rock came back to host Wrestlemania. The RAW after that Wrestlemania really was the one that got me stuck into WWE when the Wrestlemania match between Cena and the Rock was booked.

ReputationRep:
    Check out this recent promo from Reigns. It was the most cringe worthy promo I've ever heard. The guy is so bad on the mic. I was embarrassed for him.

ReputationRep:
    ^Apparently Vince has been writing his promos, ultimately shows how rubbish and out of tune he's become.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    ^Apparently Vince has been writing his promos, ultimately shows how rubbish and out of tune he's become.
    Doesn't surprise me. He was reportedly really unhappy with how Reigns came across in that promo he did from his hospital bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    he did from his hospital bed.
    Why, what's up with him?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Why, what's up with him?
    He was injured
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Macho Man Randy Savage is going to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fam at WM31 by Hulk Hogan

ReputationRep:
    He was injured
    Vince is injured? He wasn't doing this again was he?

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Vince is injured? He wasn't doing this again was he?

Noo Reigns was Injured.

But this is a quality fail moment LOL

Sits there and they still do what he says cos one was chose to win and hes boss
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Macho Man Randy Savage is going to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fam at WM31 by Hulk Hogan
    Simply great news.

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.