Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AS Levels in English Language and Literature, Psychology, Sociology and Law - and my mock exams start on the 9th, I'm absolutely terrified and have had panic attacks almost everyday over the Christmas Holidays.

Whilst I feel confident in English and Psychology - I know I'm going to fail the Law and Sociology mocks.

When I look back on previous questions for Law, I just completely freak out and forget everything.
    I literally have NO IDEA of how to answer them, and with the mock looming around the corner I feel like all I can do is sit and wait to fail whilst praying I don't get kicked off of the course.

As for Sociology, I have barely done any revision at all, as I left my folder, book, and textbook at College over the break and have nothing to work from! (I know - it's really bad, isn't it?)

Is there anyway to save myself from failing now? Please help - If you have any revision tips or stories regarding how you survived your mocks that would be amazing - thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by to-be-continued)
    I'm doing AS Levels in English Language and Literature, Psychology, Sociology and Law - and my mock exams start on the 9th, I'm absolutely terrified and have had panic attacks almost everyday over the Christmas Holidays.

Whilst I feel confident in English and Psychology - I know I'm going to fail the Law and Sociology mocks.

When I look back on previous questions for Law, I just completely freak out and forget everything.
    I literally have NO IDEA of how to answer them, and with the mock looming around the corner I feel like all I can do is sit and wait to fail whilst praying I don't get kicked off of the course.

As for Sociology, I have barely done any revision at all, as I left my folder, book, and textbook at College over the break and have nothing to work from! (I know - it's really bad, isn't it?)

Is there anyway to save myself from failing now? Please help - If you have any revision tips or stories regarding how you survived your mocks that would be amazing - thank you!
    how many hours of revision have you been doing daily for all subjects?

ReputationRep:
    They're mocks- you're meant to identify your areas of weaknesses and work on them in time for the exams. Try to be calm and look at the past papers if you're not sure on how to answer the questions.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where to find the past paper from June 2014 for AQA English literature? Cant find it anywhere?!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Try revise as much as you can from now. You still have another week left of the holidays. Also it doesn't matter (much) if you fail your mocks because it's not the real thing so don't worry too much dear There are many resources online and on getrevising (what I use)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharukhan)
    how many hours of revision have you been doing daily for all subjects?
    I don't set myself time constraints in terms of revision - I set myself targets for how much I get done - but, I'd say 8 hours a week for Law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtenshiai)
    Try revise as much as you can from now. You still have another week left of the holidays. Also it doesn't matter (much) if you fail your mocks because it's not the real thing so don't worry too much dear There are many resources online and on getrevising (what I use)
    Thank you! I'll try GetRevising.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Firstly, don't give up. If you act now, you can still pass your mocks. I'd suggest you look at your mark schemes for your exam board's papers & try and find out where the marks are being allocated. Look through 3-4 past papers. Sometimes you can also find youtube videos of how to answer the questions, so have a look through.

Another thing you should do is look at examiner reports & support/exemplar material. Those two resources are really important and they have a lot of tips on how to structure answers. Just make sure you get your techniques right, quality is better than quantity when revising. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arbeit macht freis!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.