Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Did you know you are 10 times more likely to be a victim of crime in the USA than? Watch

ReputationRep:
    you are in italy.

And 7 times more likely in the UK than you are in Italy.

Forza Italia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fofo5)
    you are in italy.

And 7 times more likely in the UK than you are in Italy.

Forza Italia.

ReputationRep:
    Where in Italy and what crimes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cake face 96)
    Where in Italy and what crimes?
    Just crime and Italy in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fofo5)
    Just crime and Italy in general.
    Italy in general? South is poorer, are you more likely to be a victim of a crime in Southern Italy then New York?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cake face 96)
    Italy in general? South is poorer, are you more likely to be a victim of a crime in Southern Italy then New York?
    New York as a whole yes.

But you are more likely to be a victim of crime in Brooklyn than any particular area in southern Italy.

ReputationRep:
    Source? Also you seem to be generalising slightly.

As pointed out above, you're more likely to be a victim of crime in the south of Italy than the North, and I know there'll be similar hotspots in the US, though I couldn't tell you off the top of my head where (I'd imagine in the larger urban areas).

Also doesn't really differentiate between violent crime and non-violent crime etc.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.